1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 02:26
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We can only work together when you unbelievers also believe in God and His Christ.
    Never going to happen.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 02:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We can only work together when you unbelievers also believe in God and His Christ.
    There is no I repeat no absolutely no proof none at all of any God.
    You are deluded.

There is only what you see around you.

Absolute tangible proof that we must put all our differences aside and work together as one human family.

That's common sense my friend. It has nothing to do with communism or the Republicans or the Democrats or any other religion or political party.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 02:58
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    What you say doesn't hold a lot of water, because if you check out my facebook page
    then you'll see my picture is a lighthouse.

It's all an illusion, but then so is all of organised religion.
    When will all of you realize that there is no God.

There is only us and the sooner we work together to make a better world
    we are all finished.
    Sorry you view it as an illusion to you. But it's not. I hope some day you can see the Bibler for what it really is instead of what false religion has made it.
  4. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 03:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sorry you view it as an illusion to you. But it's not. I hope some day you can see the Bibler for what it really is instead of what false religion has made it.
    The bible was written by fallible men.
    It was not written by any God.

Many writings by men have proven to be false.

There is no absolute proof of any GOD.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 03:181 edit
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    The bible was written by fallible men.
    It was not written by any God.

Many writings by men have proven to be false.

There is no absolute proof of any GOD.
    I sincerely dont think any amount of convincing will change his mind. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone ...
    We'll all find out -or not - when we shuffle off this mortal coil. But dont miss it!!
    Dying is something to be done with both eyes open , pardon the pun.
    There is a purpose for the 'human energy', (the force of animation that distinguishes us from mere 3 dimensional objects), it is said in Hinduism that at the point of physical death, the 'soul' tries to break out of the wheel of Samsara.
    If one is prepared emotionally and intellectually for this process to occur, then you may reach Nirvana on your deathbed. But not if you are still living material fear world and still wanting after women a fast cars.That's for young people. To live life. It is for older people to understand it. But of course true understanding holds only true for the individual and perhaps another who has the same insight.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 03:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I sincerely dont think any amount of convincing will change his mind. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone ...
    We'll all find out -or not - when we shuffle off this mortal coil. But dont miss it!!
    Dying is something to be done with both eyes open , pardon the pun.
    There is a purpose for the 'human energy', (the force of animation that distinguishes us f ...[text shortened]... standing holds only true for the individual and perhaps another who has the same insight.
    When you are gone you are gone.
    There is nothing coming later.
    No religion will save you.
    If you are going to be a remarkable human being,
    then you had better be one now.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your question was has Christianity got it wrong and the answer is a definite no, for there is no other example by means of which we can gain salvation.
    the question was not 'has christianity got it wrong' it was 'is there a chance (no matter how small) that chritianity has gotten it wrong' a subtle but important difference.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:44
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the question was not 'has christianity got it wrong' it was 'is there a chance (no matter how small) that chritianity has gotten it wrong' a subtle but important difference.
    and the answer was an emphatic no, tell me, what is it about, no, that you fail to understand?
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:46
    Originally posted by galveston75
    My answer is yes, we do have the true religion. We are not saying it is a perfect religion and one needs to grasp that truth.

Here is a thought for anyone here with interest:

"LIGHTHOUSES have saved an untold number of lives. To a weary traveler, though, a light seen in the distance does more than warn of dangerous reefs. It also announces that h ...[text shortened]... y if a religion was indeed being used by God. Jesus said it would be by their "fruits".
    i know you think you have the true religion, that much is obvious. but that wasnt the question. the question was 'is there a chance (no matter how small) that it is not the true religion.'
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 09:58
    i know you think you have the true religion, that much is obvious. but that wasnt the question. the question was 'is there a chance (no matter how small) that it is not the true religion.'
    ok, let me spell it out plainly,

there is NO CHANCE that Christianity has it wrong, NO MATTER how small, NO MATTER
    how remote, NO MATTER in what context

the reason being, there is no greater exemplar than Jesus Christ.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 10:04
    ok, let me spell it out plainly,

there is NO CHANCE that Christianity has it wrong, NO MATTER how small, NO MATTER
    how remote, NO MATTER in what context

the reason being, there is no greater exemplar than Jesus Christ.
    i know your not stupid. i know that you know that something being the greatest exemplar does not make it true. yes?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 10:092 edits
    i know your not stupid. i know that you know that something being the greatest exemplar does not make it true. yes?
    let me ask you a question, when you say 'it' and when you say 'wrong', what are you
    referring to? and the answer as to what are the definitive characteristics of true religion
    are readily discernible from the Bible.
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 10:48
    let me ask you a question, when you say 'it' and when you say 'wrong', what are you
    referring to? and the answer as to what are the definitive characteristics of true religion
    are readily discernible from the Bible.
    fair question, i was pretty vague.

it doesnt matter what the characteristics are of a true religion, as ive no idea what the true religion is,. it could be one of the existing known religions. it could be a religion we discover in a 1000yrs. its irrelevant. all i am asking you is, do you accept that there is a possibility (no matter how small) that your religion is the wrong religion. i would define that by saying, that the christian bible in all its forms is not the word of god.

just to clarify, im not asking - whats the best or most likely.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 10:551 edit
    fair question, i was pretty vague.

it doesnt matter what the characteristics are of a true religion, as ive no idea what the true religion is,. it could be one of the existing known religions. it could be a religion we discover in a 1000yrs. its irrelevant. all i am asking you is, do you accept that there is a possibility (no matter how small) that y ...[text shortened]... ms is not the word of god.

just to clarify, im not asking - whats the best or most likely.
    no i do not accept the possibility, its either true or its not, the truth does not lie between
    two polarities. I have answered the same question now four times, i will not do so
    again and just to be clear,

NO I DO NOT ACCEPT THAT THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY that my religion could be
    wrong.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 11:03
    no i do not accept the possibility, its either true or its not, the truth does not lie between
    two polarities. I have answered the same question now four times, i will not do so
    again and just to be clear,

NO I DO NOT ACCEPT THAT THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY that my religion could be
    wrong.
    So the underlying story here is your god wants 144,000 sycophants worshiping it 24/7 and if you aren't in that group your god relegates them to a nice zoo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree