1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 01:04
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Your post is disingenuous. I was responding to your prior post which contained false assertions.

In that post you made the following assertion:
    "You are the one picking and choosing scripture to paint a picture that fits the
    universe the way you want it to be."

The point is that it isn't just the "way [I ] want it to be" as you try to characterize ...[text shortened]... E YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" on which "depend the whole Law and the Prophets".
    Do think God sets the standards for man or does God?
    Kelly
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do think God sets the standards for man or does God?
    Kelly
    Perhaps what gets to the heart of the matter is whether or not the entirety of the OT reflects the standard recognized by Jesus. There are teachings that clearly do not, e.g., explicitly giving approval to acquire and possess slaves (as was given in Leviticus 25). Jesus gives other examples in the Sermon on the Mount. As such, not everything in the OT is the "word of God".
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 04:56
    This may sound hilarious but what is the o t?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 05:251 edit
    Perhaps what gets to the heart of the matter is whether or not the entirety of the OT reflects the standard recognized by Jesus. There are teachings that clearly do not, e.g., explicitly giving approval to acquire and possess slaves (as was given in Leviticus 25). Jesus gives other examples in the Sermon on the Mount. As such, not everything in the OT is the "word of God".
    You honestly think Jesus did not recongnize all Old Testament scripture I'm afraid
    I need more than your opinion to prove that point. Can you show me where He
    rejected Moses, or any of the prophets, or anything within OT? Picking and
    choosing....unless you can point this stuff out you have just proved my point.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    This may sound hilarious but what is the o t?
    Old Testament
    If your Hebrew I'd just say the scriptures since Old and New would have no
    meaning to you in context.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 05:33
    I am living the last 10 years of my life of what is written in the OT, that of Isaiah 42:18-24, and the last 7 on the street with not a place to lay my head (no establishment), just my back pack with a pillow and clothing as would be like a blanket in the evening.
  7. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 06:46
    You fellas have not a CLUE to the boot camp of hell I have experienced the past 7 yrs., as I have become a divided kingdom (Is.28:16-20).

I once fasted (no fd/wtr) for six days, and was getting STRONG. Feeling God's presence as my Life, and definitely my only STRENGTH, for any other type strength is utter weakness, and the dragon, this miserable fowl creature, scoffed at my strength. It was as if he were saying "Huh, you think you're going to do another 40 days?".

As I was just about to doze off for the night beside a large tree, near a street, an enormous amount of wind blew around me. Like the Tasmanian devil had all of a sudden whirled around me, which startled the snot out of me, not to mention the motorcycles with their extreme loud mufflers, and some obnoxiously loud trucks passed by at the direct time of me jumping up from sleep, like it all was programmed to go down as it had.

I was so pissed off and startled at the same time that I crossed the street and grabbed some Calif. Rolls. lol That experience was so very upsetting being I was going to finish the full 40, I know this a fact because how strong and clear things were becoming to me. I shall do this, it's just the matter of picking back up my cross and bearing, which is scary, though I am not giving up.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:442 edits
    You honestly think Jesus did not recongnize all Old Testament scripture I'm afraid
    I need more than your opinion to prove that point. Can you show me where He
    rejected Moses, or any of the prophets, or anything within OT? Picking and
    choosing....unless you can point this stuff out you have just proved my point.
    Kelly
    The following reflects the standard recognized by Jesus.
    Matthew 5
    38“You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person;but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

The following does not reflect the standard recognized by Jesus.
    Leviticus 24
    19‘If a man injures his neighbor, just as he has done, so it shall be done to him: 20fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; just as he has injured a man, so it shall be inflicted on him.

Similarly, explicitly giving approval to acquire and possess slaves (as was given in Leviticus 25) does not reflect the standard recognized by Jesus. It is an abomination. An abomination that is made all too clear in the light of "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" on which "depend the whole Law and the Prophets".

You seem to keep ignoring the point that "the whole Law and the Prophets" depend upon "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF". That's the "whole Law".

So here is a question for you: You say you believe that slavery is now wrong. What do you base this on?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:56
    Matthew 5
    38“You have heard that it was said,[b] ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.
    ’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person;but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

The following does not reflect the standard recognized by J ...[text shortened]... is a question for you: You say you believe that slavery is now wrong. What do you base this on?[/b]
    I suggest you study that, because He raised the bar not lower it.
    He said that even calling someone a fool was enough to be in danger for Hell.

Matthew 5:22
    "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Matthew 5:17
    17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

He did not say that eye for an eye was not scriptural he raised the bar on how to
    treat others, as He did with even the calling of another a fool. With Jesus it was
    more about our hearts than just our actions, to lust for another was just as bad as
    having sex with another. The law deals with what we do, Christ deals with the
    root cause of what we do, our hearts.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:385 edits
    I suggest you study that, because He raised the bar not lower it.
    He said that even calling someone a fool was enough to be in danger for Hell.

Matthew 5:22
    "But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool als with what we do, Christ deals with the
    root cause of what we do, our hearts.
    Kelly
    The standard remained the same. There was no "lowering" or "raising" of the bar. The bar stayed in the same place. Jesus spent a lot of time and effort telling the Hebrews that they had many things wrong. That they didn't understand the standard. That they didn't understand God. That they didn't understand Him, because they didn't understand God.

Jesus did not say that He was "raising" the standard and was changing "the whole Law and the Prophets". He was correcting their false understanding of "the whole Law and the Prophets". False understandings that were written into what is now known as the OT, e.g., "an eye for an eye".

Once again:
    You seem to keep ignoring the point that "the whole Law and the Prophets" depend upon "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF".

They always did and they always will. It always has been the standard and always will.

"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" is an eternal truth, even if you refuse to acknowledge it. Even as the Hebrews refused to acknowledge it.
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 20:25
    Matthew 5
    38“You have heard that it was said,[b] ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.
    ’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person;but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

The following does not reflect the standard recognized by J ...[text shortened]... ion for you: You say you believe that slavery is now wrong. What do you base this on?[/b]
    I have a question for you?

Why do you not use for your debate "THE" Holy Bible, which was ORDAINED as to be ordained, as it states in Rev. 22:19 (KJ orig)

" 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. " to not add a thing?

If one were to mark the side of some Church's wall with a marker, would this not be tampering with it's holiness? Not that it could change it to be unholy, but it would have tampered with this holiness. The KJ was ORDAINED to BE ordained by God, or it would not have been called Holy.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 20:30
    The standard remained the same. There was no "lowering" or "raising" of the bar. The bar stayed in the same place. Jesus spent a lot of time and effort telling the Hebrews that they had many things wrong. That they didn't understand the standard. That they didn't understand God. That they didn't understand Him, because they didn't understand God.

Jesu ...[text shortened]... u refuse to acknowledge it. Even as the Hebrews refused to acknowledge it.
    >>>"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF" is an eternal truth, even if you refuse to acknowledge it. Even as the Hebrews refused to acknowledge it.<<<

Do you know WHY we are to love our neighbor as ourself?

YouTube&feature=player_embedded is your answer.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:111 edit
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    I have a question for you?

Why do you not use for your debate "THE" Holy Bible, which was ORDAINED as to be ordained, as it states in Rev. 22:19 (KJ orig)

" 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are w liness. The KJ was ORDAINED to BE ordained by God, or it would not have been called Holy.
    Are you aware that the Bible was not originally written in English? To claim some special status for the KJ seems weak. For that matter, there's nothing "Holy" about a church wall either.
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:492 edits
    Are you aware that the Bible was not originally written in English? To claim some special status for the KJ seems weak. For that matter, there's nothing "Holy" about a church wall either.
    Do you really think God would have allowed King James to ordain what was if it were NOT Holy?

So all of HIS children would grow into learning lies about what is Holy?

Cmon, what -is Holy- IS that, -HOLY-, and meant not to be tampered with.

ho-ly&#8194; &#8194;
    [hoh-lee] Show IPA

specially recognized as or declared sacred by religious use or authority; consecrated: holy ground.
    dedicated or devoted to the service of god, the church, or religion: a holy man.
    saintly; godly; pious; devout: a holy life.
    having a spiritually pure quality: a holy love.
    entitled to worship or veneration as or as if sacred: a holy relic.
    religious: holy rites.
    inspiring fear, awe, or grave distress: The director, when angry, is a holy terror.
    –noun
    a place of worship; sacred place; sanctuary.

And of course not the church wall is holy, it is the reverence of what Church STANDS for, as in a Holy place of worship, the "wall mentioned with a mark" was expressing something, obviously, is tampering with this Holy place.

Consecrated - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
    to induct (a person) into a permanent office with a religious rite; especially : to ordain to the office of bishop. 2. a : to make or declare sacred; ...

Sacred - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Holiness, or sanctity, is in general the state of being holy (perceived by religious individuals as associated with the divine) or sacred (considered worthy ...
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 01:591 edit

Jesu u refuse to acknowledge it. Even as the Hebrews refused to acknowledge it.
    Can you tell what changed between the Old Testament law and the grace Jesus's
    won for us between God and man, and why? As it looks now, I don’t think you
    grasp the change in covenant that took place.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree