1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 02:41
    Originally posted by gtbiking4life
    My comment was made entirely due to the fact that my posts was nothing worse than what you posted. If you call that self-centered, then you must be self-centered as well.

Since you know nothing about me, I'm just going to guess that you are some Atheist who doesn't know what self-centered means and loves to lie and throw insults.

I know more se ...[text shortened]... ered people who are Atheist than Christian..so there you have it. It goes both ways my friend.
    I can only go by how you've represented yourself on this thread with your flippant attitude toward slavery as well as remarks such as, "I have little time to deal with someone who has such hatred in his heart", "I just live for today...", "We are human after-all (regarding your self-centeredness)", etc.

You made the accusation that I "love to lie". Care to back it up?
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 03:23
    On the numerous parts of the old testament that include horrifying ideas (for our modern eyes) : apologia of slavery, but also of genocide, stoning etc... i remind you of this very funny text quoted in this forum a few months ago :
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Leviticus_and_Homo%27s&threadid=132888

The part on slavery :
    1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and
    female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine
    claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you
    clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
  3. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 11:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I can only go by how you've represented yourself on this thread with your flippant attitude toward slavery as well as remarks such as, "I have little time to deal with someone who has such hatred in his heart", "I just live for today...", "We are human after-all (regarding your self-centeredness)", etc.

You made the accusation that I "love to lie". Care to back it up?
    You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board, yet you continue to make misleading statements about being self-centered. I gave you your answers. You just choose to ignore them. I'm not surprised really. I'm not going to take the time to type everything out for you. If you want hand-fed, I'm not going to do that.

You are not backing up very well that I'm self-centered mate. You keep failing miserably in your attempts. If you actually go back and READ...I did give you an answer. Care to back up your statements about being self-centered? How well do you know me again? False assumptions are just that - false assumptions with NO proof. This is all you can do apparently.

Making misleading statements is a lie.

"I just live for today" and "I have little time to deal with you" IS NOT being self-centered. I even took the time to give you an answer you CHOSE to ignore.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 19:52
    You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board, yet you continue to make misleading statements about being self-centered. I gave you your answers. You just choose to ignore them. I'm not surprised really. I'm not going to take the time to type everything out for you. If you want hand-fed, I'm not going to do that.

You are not bac ...[text shortened]... OT being self-centered. I even took the time to give you an answer you CHOSE to ignore.
    First of all, in a response to my remark about your "self-centered attitude", you said, "You as well mate. We are human after-all." which is an admission on your part, so that you continue to pitch a hissy fit about it is absurd.

Secondly my remark was about your "SELF-CENTERED ATTITUDE", which is NOT the same as saying that you are self-centered, though it would come as little surprise if that is in fact the case. As I said, "I can only go by how you've represented yourself on this thread". With that in mind, all your empty rhetoric about, "You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board", "How well do you know me again?", etc. is just attacking a straw man.

You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board, yet you continue to make misleading statements about being self-centered...False assumptions are just that - false assumptions with NO proof. This is all you can do apparently.

If in fact you believe the above, then the following statement made by you is pure hypocrisy:
    "I have little time to deal with someone who has such hatred in his heart."

You are what you are, kid. Maybe it's time you grew up a little and face just what that is.
  5. weedhopper
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 21:42
    I denounce slavery and proclaim it is, was,and ever shall be an evil institution.

I am a Christian.

Thus endeth the claim there are no Christians on these forums who will do the aforementioned.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:054 edits
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I denounce slavery and proclaim it is, was,and ever shall be an evil institution.

I am a Christian.

Thus endeth the claim there are no Christians on these forums who will do the aforementioned.
    Actually, it was more a question than a claim.

Also the question was this:
    "Do any of these followers of this god dare to say that their god is WRONG and that god endorses something which is evil?"

Just denouncing slavery and declaring it evil falls short of what cassiad4 requested, though it is quite an improvement over that of several others who seem to believe that slavery is not necessarily evil.

As for me, I'm thinking that there are other ways out such as declaring that the endorsement of slavery in the Bible was made by the writers of the Bible rather than being the "word of God".
  7. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:31
    Actually, it was more a question than a claim.

Also the question was this:
    "Do any of these followers of this god dare to say that their god is WRONG and that god endorses something which is evil?"

Just denouncing slavery and declaring it evil falls short of what cassiad4 requested, though it is quite an improvement over that of several others who ...[text shortened]... very in the Bible was made by the writers of the Bible rather than being the "word of God".
    ...nope...i don't think that's fair either...per Christians....the Bible is the word of God Devinely inspired....man cannot add or take anyway...
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:39
    Originally posted by highdraw
    ...nope...i don't think that's fair either...per Christians....the Bible is the word of God Devinely inspired....man cannot add or take anyway...
    Why not? Not all the Christians I've known have believed that. Though I imagine that there are more than a few who post on this forum who would say that they are "not true Christians". But they seem to make that claim about anyone whose beliefs are not in lockstep with their own.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:41
    If everyone was a slave, then no one would own one.
  10. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:45
    thats not me saying that...the bible says that...about not being added to or changed. I think the OP has a point.....
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:51
    Originally posted by highdraw
    thats not me saying that...the bible says that...about not being added to or changed. I think the OP has a point.....
    I know the Bible says that. However, I've known some Christians who do not believe that nonetheless.
  12. Joined
    03 Jul '10
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 00:123 edits
    First of all, in a response to my remark about your "self-centered attitude", you said, "You as well mate. We are human after-all." which is an admission on your part, so that you continue to pitch a hissy fit about it is absurd.

Secondly my remark was about your "SELF-CENTERED ATTITUDE", which is NOT the same as saying that you are self-centered, tho you are, kid. Maybe it's time you grew up a little and face just what that is.
    You should respect your elder’s son.

I explained why I said what I did. I know you as well as you know me which is not very well. Once again you are ignoring that I did give you an answer anyway.

How is that hypocrisy? Answer the question instead of ignoring it. How well DO you know me? Not a straw man, but a valid question you choose to ignore.

The hissy fit is coming directly from your post. Go ahead and live in your own little fantasy world then. Your insults come from someone who has not yet matured yet. Calling me 'kid' and such is laughable at best. Care to tell me how old you are? Chances are you are much younger than I. Your posts tell me you are very young.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:423 edits
    You should respect your elder’s son.

I explained why I said what I did. I know you as well as you know me which is not very well. Once again you are ignoring that I did give you an answer anyway.

How is that hypocrisy? Answer the question instead of ignoring it. How well DO you know me? Not a straw man, but a valid question you choose to ignore. w old you are? Chances are you are much younger than I. Your posts tell me you are very young.
    Not sure that I can dumb it down much more for you, but I'll try. I'll paste text from my previous post and offer additional comments.

The important thing to glean from the above is that you've admitted to being self-centered. Hence, your ongoing hissy fit is absurd. You've already admitted what you also call a "false assumption".

Secondly my remark was about your "SELF-CENTERED ATTITUDE", which is NOT the same as saying that you are self-centered, though it would come as little surprise if that is in fact the case. As I said, "I can only go by how you've represented yourself on this thread". With that in mind, all your empty rhetoric about, "You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board", "How well do you know me again?", etc. is just attacking a straw man.

The important thing to glean from the above is that commenting on an attitude exhibited on this thread is NOT the same as calling someone self-centered. The rhetoric cited assumes the latter rather than the former. As such, it is a straw man, since the assumption is false. And to be clear, your question is therefore irrelevant.

You can't tell anything about a person by reading a message board, yet you continue to make misleading statements about being self-centered...False assumptions are just that - false assumptions with NO proof. This is all you can do apparently.

If in fact you believe the above, then the following statement made by you is pure hypocrisy:
    "I have little time to deal with someone who has such hatred in his heart."

You take the position that it is wrong to draw conclusions about an individual based on what is written on a message board, yet you seem to have no reservations that I have "such hatred in [my] heart" base on what is written on a message board. This is hypocrisy.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 19:44
    Not sure that I can dumb it down much more for you, but I'll try. I'll paste text from my previous post and offer additional comments.

[quote]First of all, in a response to my remark about your "self-centered attitude", you said, "You as well mate. We are human after-all." which is an admission on your part, so that you continue to pitch a hissy fit ab ...[text shortened]... o reservations that I have "such hatred in [my] heart". This is hypocrisy.
    oh dear thinkofone, how to win friends and influence people.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh dear thinkofone, how to win friends and influence people.
    That's really absurd coming from you. I can only imagine what a horribly distorted self-image you must have.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree