1. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 20:27
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    [b]skipping the first bit - where do I get my info from??? This isn't about me proving my info it's about the little questions that pop up in my being and force themselves out. I'm the one asking the questions so I don't need to prove my data as it's for my benefit, I don't need to prove myself to myself.
    I told you you wouldn't like it. Anyway, I w ...[text shortened]... the need to justify. 🙂

By the way, the 'first bit' is just a play on your name.[/b]
    hehe, I know sharky!

with my attitude - you mean the perfect attitude! I didn't really absorb your initial questions anyway so when I posted it wasn't properly thought about.

😀
  2. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 20:59
    Originally posted by ich binimKopfweg
    hehe, I know sharky!

with my attitude - you mean the perfect attitude! I didn't really absorb your initial questions anyway so when I posted it wasn't properly thought about.

😀
    with my attitude - you mean the perfect attitude!
    There it is again 🙂

I didn't really absorb your initial questions anyway so when I posted it wasn't properly thought about.
    Goodness, you're on a roll.

Anyway, do let me know if and when you get round to thinking properly and wish to discuss further.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 22:39
    [b]with my attitude - you mean the perfect attitude!
    There it is again 🙂

I didn't really absorb your initial questions anyway so when I posted it wasn't properly thought about.
    Goodness, you're on a roll.

Anyway, do let me know if and when you get round to thinking properly and wish to discuss further.[/b]
    does black humour amuse you? 😀

On a roll with my arrogant approach to life?

😀
  4. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    28 Mar '10 23:26
    does black humour amuse you? 😀

😀
    does black humour amuse you?
    Often. Why do you ask?

That and your propensity for not thinking about things properly should set you up nicely for deciding about the fundamental questions, yes. 🙂
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 09:17
    [b]does black humour amuse you?
    Often. Why do you ask?

That and your propensity for not thinking about things properly should set you up nicely for deciding about the fundamental questions, yes. 🙂[/b]
    😀

I can just see that it would fit - the best is the pigs at the trough.

not thinking about things properly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only a few things - that's a major genralisation - know you're going to say "I told you that you wouldn't appreciate my help!" 😀

😀
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 15:551 edit
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Deep topic here from what I see...I am an atheist and as such do not believe in any higher being.

Now, I do not see why you would need to follow a particular religion. If you wish to believe, why not do so without the help of a religion, or church or holy book, created by humans? Religion in itself has done little good on this Earth, belief on the othe pinion is the best seeing as I don't believe, but it's what I would do if was in your place.
    ====================================
    ...I am an atheist and as such do not believe in any higher being.
    =======================================

Just curious -
    Do you believe that you are a "higher being" then, say an ant ?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 16:38
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]====================================
    ...I am an atheist and as such do not believe in any higher being.
    =======================================

Just curious -
    Do you believe that you are a "higher being" then, say an ant ?[/b]
    😀
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 18:37
    😀
    Good answer.

LOL.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 18:43
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Good answer.

LOL.
    hehe!
    so indepth huh! No need to ask anymore questions after my detailed explained answer!

😀
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 18:503 edits
    ============================
    Religion in itself has done little good on this Earth,
    ===============================

There was a Christian missionary by the name of Carey who went to India. He noticed that there was a custom of locals burning women alive on the funeral mound of their deceased husbands. The people told Carey that this was demanded by their religion.

But the people were largly non-literate to their sacred writings used by the priests.

Carey translated the ancient sanskrit into their modern speech so that the people could see that their holy books did not in fact require them to burn the wives alive on the funeral mounds of their husbands who died.

I think the women who were subsequently spared from being burned regarded that missionary's translation work as a positive work done for society.

Do you think Carey provided a good work for society in what he did ? Notice it was not the translation of Christian scriptures in this instance that was the service, but the translation and proper understanding of Indian religious writings.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 18:59
    Can a Christian (or someone with any knowledge of the Christian faith) explain to me the current explanation for the Dinosaurs and how scientific evidence has proved that the Earth is over 4600 billion years old?? Just to link in with the 7 day creation.

thanks minds!

😀
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 19:05
    Can a Christian (or someone with any knowledge of the Christian faith) explain to me the current explanation for the Dinosaurs and how scientific evidence has proved that the Earth is over 4600 billion years old?? Just to link in with the 7 day creation.

thanks minds!

😀
    The 'get out clause' for that one, is that the days correspond to God's days not Earth days.

Of course Young Earth creationists just carry on believing the Earth is only 6,000yrs old and dinsosaurs lived within that time frame.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 19:494 edits
    Strictly speaking is there any way of proving that the earth was no created 5 minutes ago ?

Answer: NO . In absolute terms there is NO way to scientifically prove that the universe was not created 5 minutes ago.

Now, as a Christian what do I personally believe about the earth's age?

You need a million years? I see no reason why Genesis cannot provide you with a million years.

You need 60 million years? I see no reason why Genesis cannot provide you with 60 million years.

For an age of the creation I can only deduce that it had a beginning - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Briefly my argument would run like this:

1.) Was Satan a sinner? Yes or No.

If "Yes" is the answer then Satan was a sinner BEFORE man was a sinner. That is because Satan tempted man to sin with his lies.

2.) If Satan was a sinner before man was a sinner so that Satan could entice man to sin, then sin existed before sin "entered into the world ..." through one man Adam.

"Therefore just as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin, death ..." (Romans 5:12)

3.) If sin existed before sin entered into the world then sin must have existed somewhere.

And that means that there could be parameters on what Paul discribes as "the world". And that means there could be a "world" prior to Adam's world.

That means there could have been an age before the age of the created mankind. And it also means that there could have been sin and death in that world before Adam was created which Adam had a mandate to keep sin FROM Adam's world. Which plan failed when the pre-Adamic sinner Satan tempted and succeeded in injecting sin into Adam's world. That was Adam's disobedience and failure, not God's.

A pre-Adamic world is possible. And any amount of unspecified time might have been occuring during the existence of that world.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 20:041 edit
    I don't have a bible to hand and I can't remember the quotes but weren't animals created after Man??? Surely then this is a contradiction of what you're saying as there were animals before man?

😀
  15. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    29 Mar '10 21:00
    I don't have a bible to hand and I can't remember the quotes but weren't animals created after Man??? Surely then this is a contradiction of what you're saying as there were animals before man?

😀
    I wouldn't worry, that's all a bit back-of-an-envelope anyway 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree