1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 13:521 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    excuse me i have better things to do than read this drivel and remember FMF assumers are gonna assume.
    I have put it to you that "haters gonna hate" is nothing but a weak ad hominem that sidesteps the criticisms that menace71 cited. No number of deflecting personal remarks aimed at me is going to alter the observation I have made nor alter what your response has been.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 19:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have put it to you that "haters gonna hate" is nothing but a weak ad hominem that sidesteps the criticisms that menace71 cited. No number of deflecting personal remarks aimed at me is going to alter the observation I have made nor alter what your response has been.
    like i said, haters gonna hate.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 21:13
    like i said, haters gonna hate.
    No defense, huh?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 21:38
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No defense, huh?
    what is there to defend, if you are a hater your gonna hate regardless of the defence.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 22:01
    what is there to defend, if you are a hater your gonna hate regardless of the defence.
    Perhaps the motive for the criticisms in love for fellow man and not hate. You have failed to prove that any hate against Jehovah"s Witnesses is the reason for the criticism. Couldn't it be meant as constructive criticism in hopes that you will see the errors of your beliefs? Then you could believe in the true Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus and be saved instead of believing in an angel.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 00:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, you miss the point completely and deliberately as usual.

You personally and every JW claim that: you personally and every JW and the organisation and the Governing body, are the sole collective voice of God's truth on earth.

But you personally, JW's collectively and importantly, the Governing Body and especially your founding leaders are deeply ...[text shortened]... least see why other people think JW's are cult because of this, then you are blind indeed.
    I know exactly how most of the world views us as I've been one all my life.

Matthew 24:9
    Good News Translation (GNT)

9 “Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me.

John 15:18-21

"The World's Hatred"
    18 “If the world hates you, just remember that it has hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, then the world would love you as its own. But I chose you from this world, and you do not belong to it; that is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘Slaves are not greater than their master.’ If people persecuted me, they will persecute you too; if they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours too. 21 But they will do all this to you because you are mine; for they do not know the one who sent me.

Please explain after your own comment how this applys to any other Christian religion?
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 01:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I know exactly how most of the world views us as I've been one all my life.

Matthew 24:9

9 “Then you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and be put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me.

John 15:18-21

"The World' ...[text shortened]...

Please explain after your own comment how this applys to any other Christian religion?
    a lot of christian groups have been persecuted. more often than not, they have been persecuted by other christians.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 02:36
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    a lot of christian groups have been persecuted. more often than not, they have been persecuted by other christians.
    How many has this happened to worldwide? If you know I'd like to know who they are?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:24
    Haters gonna hate
    So drink Hateraid 😉

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:29
    Contents
    1 Doctrinal criticisms
    1.1 Failed predictions
    1.2 Changes of doctrine
    1.3 United Nations association
    1.4 Fall of Jerusalem
    2 Social criticisms
    2.1 Authoritarianism and denial of free speech
    2.2 Description as a "cult"
    2.3 Coercion
    2.4 Shunning
    2.5 Blood
    2.5.1 Fractions and components
    2.5.2 Storing and donation
    2.5.3 Legal considerations
    2.5.4 Animal blood
    2.6 Reporting of sexual abuse
    3 Biblical criticisms
    4 See also
    5 References
    6 External links
    6.1 Supportive
    6.2 Critical
    7 Bibliography

All valid points in as far as these are valid criticisms of the WT

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:331 edit
    Predictions (by date of publication) include:
    1877: Christ's kingdom would hold full sway over the earth in 1914; the Jews, as a people, would be restored to God's favor; the "saints" would be carried to heaven.[26]
    1891: 1914 would be "the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men."[27]
    1904: "World-wide anarchy" would follow the end of the Gentile Times in 1914.[28]
    1916: World War I would terminate in Armageddon and the rapture of the "saints".[29]
    1917: In 1918, Christendom would go down as a system to oblivion and be succeeded by revolutionary governments. God would "destroy the churches wholesale and the church members by the millions." Church members would "perish by the sword of war, revolution and anarchy." The dead would lie unburied. In 1920 all earthly governments would disappear, with worldwide anarchy prevailing.[30]
    1920: Messiah's kingdom would be established in 1925 and bring worldwide peace. God would begin restoring the earth. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful patriarchs would be resurrected to perfect human life and be made princes and rulers, the visible representatives of the New Order on earth. Those who showed themselves obedient to God would never die.[31]
    1922: The anti-typical "jubilee" that would mark God's intervention in earthly affairs would take place "probably the fall" of 1925.[32]
    1924: God's restoration of Earth would begin "shortly after" October 1, 1925. Jerusalem would be made the world's capital. Resurrected "princes" such as Abel, Noah, Moses and John the Baptist would give instructions to their subjects around the world by radio, and airplanes would transport people to and from Jerusalem from all parts of the globe in just "a few hours".[33]
    1938: In 1938, Armageddon was too close for marriage or child bearing.[34]
    1941: There were only "months" remaining until Armageddon.[35]
    1942: Armageddon was "immediately before us."[36]
    1966: It would be 6000 years since man's creation in the fall of 1975 and it would be "appropriate" for Christ's thousand-year reign to begin at that time.[37] Time was "running out, no question about that."[38] The "immediate future" was "certain to be filled with climactic events ... within a few years at most", the final parts of Bible prophecy relating to the "last days" would undergo fulfillment as Christ's reign began.
    1968: No one could say "with certainty" that the battle of Armageddon would begin in 1975, but time was "running out rapidly" with "earthshaking events" soon to take place.[39] In March 1968 there was a "short period of time left", with "only about ninety months left before 6000 years of man's existence on earth is completed".[40]
    1969: Human existence would not last long enough for young people to grow old; the world system would end "in a few years." Young Witnesses were told not to bother pursuing tertiary education for this reason.[41]
    1974: There was just a "short time remaining before the wicked world's end" and Witnesses were commended for selling their homes and property to "finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service."[42]
    1984: There were "many indications" that "the end" was closer than the end of the 20th century.[43]

Manny
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:33
    Originally posted by menace71
    Contents
    1 Doctrinal criticisms
    1.1 Failed predictions
    1.2 Changes of doctrine
    1.3 United Nations association
    1.4 Fall of Jerusalem
    2 Social criticisms
    2.1 Authoritarianism and denial of free speech
    2.2 Description as a "cult"
    2.3 Coercion
    2.4 Shunning
    2.5 Blood
    2.5.1 Fractions and components
    2.5.2 Storing and donation
    2.5.3 Legal considera ...[text shortened]... ibliography

All valid points in as far as these are valid criticisms of the WT

Manny
    Thanks Manny for confirming the hatred that has always happened to us and will continue.

Who hates the church you go to? I'll be waitng for your answer.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:38
    Thanks Manny for confirming the hatred that has always happened to us and will continue.

Who hates the church you go to? I'll be waitng for your answer.
    I don't attend any church these days but what hatred? Look at it from a purely analytical point of view for a while and stop with the victim mentality.

Manny
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:42
    so 1.1 shows

over 100 years of false predictions which can all be verified via your own documents.
    No hatred at all just facts. What are you gonna do when someone wants to become a Jehovah but they ask "G-Man how do you explain these 100 years of deception? "

Manny
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '12 03:48
    They are criticisms. Dismissing them as "hatred" is an ad hominem and a dodge.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree