JW founder a shyster ?

JW founder a shyster ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Indeed, an excellent question!
It seems you are happy to post and debate until you're required to admit something you don't want to, or required to examine something you don't want to, which at this point the ad hominems, deflections and dodges come into play ie, 'slime', 'haters gonna hate' (two of the recent ones) and other such curious little catch phrases.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It seems you are happy to post and debate until you're required to admit something you don't want to, or required to examine something you don't want to, which at this point the ad hominems, deflections and dodges come into play ie, 'slime', 'haters gonna hate' (two of the recent ones) and other such curious little catch phrases.
you are of course free to state what you think, as i stated to FMF, it has relevance to no one but you, its not that i am dismissing your claims, I really simply cannot be bothered typing endless reams of defence when the convenient haters are gonna hate, suffices quite adequately to sum up my position.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Sep 12

you are of course free to state what you think, as i stated to FMF, it has relevance to no one but you, its not that i am dismissing your claims, I really simply cannot be bothered typing endless reams of defence when the convenient haters are gonna hate, suffices quite adequately to sum up my position.
Do you class me as a 'hater'?

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Do you class me as a 'hater'?
do i class you as a hater, no. You are objective enough to consider another's perspective. The whole point of haters are gonna hate is that irrespective of defence, irrespective of content, irrespective of empirical evidence, they are going to oppose, whatever.

F

Moves
24 Sep 12

The whole point of haters are gonna hate is that irrespective of defence, irrespective of content, irrespective of empirical evidence, they are going to oppose, whatever.
This could just as easily be you talking about your own handling of the issues raised at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
This could just as easily be you talking about your own handling of the issues raised at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses
meh, haters gonna hate.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
I don't attend any church these days but what hatred? Look at it from a purely analytical point of view for a while and stop with the victim mentality.

Manny
Answer my question...Who hates the church you "used" to go to? And why do you no longer go there? Not your style or just don't agree with all they believe?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Answer my question...Who hates the church you "used" to go to? And why do you no longer go there? Not your style or just don't agree with all they believe?
It is possible to disagree with your brother and still love him. Well, at least, for those of us who are not controlled by Satan.

rc

Moves
24 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is possible to disagree with your brother and still love him. Well, at least, for those of us who are not controlled by Satan.
what psychology is Satan using on you Ronald?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 12

Not spiritually according to those scriptures that speak of the "unity and of one mind". But then that's something no church teaches and their members like yourself and Manny do not agreee with it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Sep 12
2 edits

Not spiritually according to those scriptures that speak of the "unity and of one mind". But then that's something no church teaches and their members like yourself and Manny do not agreee with it.
I disagreed on a couple of spiritual matters with jaywill awhile back. One of which I was corrected. And I admitted to him that I had misunderstood a portion of scripture and my Christian role is this life. The other was concerning his view that the Earth was old and had previously been inhabited and was wasted between verses 1 and 2 of the first chapter of Genesis. I viewed it as stating that during the first creation day in which the Earth was being made that it was formless, void, and darkness was over the Earth because it was covered with water and there were no hills and valleys, vegetation, and sunlight. Then it goes on to tell what God did to complete the Earth to make it no longer dark, formless, and void of life. He uses this as an unspecified period of time to account for his old Earth theory while I still hold to a young Earth. As far as I know we still disagree on that issue, but it does not mean we hate each other and don't consider each other brothers in Christ.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
24 Sep 12
1 edit

I disagreed on a couple of spiritual matters with jaywill awhile back. One of which I was corrected. And I admitted to him that I had misunderstood a portion of scripture and my Christian role is this life. The other was concerning his view that the Earth was old and had previously been inhabited and was wasted between verses 1 and 2 of the first chapter ...[text shortened]... ssue, but it does not mean we hate each other and don't consider each other brothers in Christ.
Where did I say either of you hated each other???????????

I believe the subject is the "total agreement" that the scriptures said his followers would have did I not?

If it were not important and a must that all who follow him be in complete agreement, what problems and issues would that cause or do you not view that as something important even though it is clearly stated it is in the Bible?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
25 Sep 12

You hate the church that I used to go to !!! I've been to many churches if you wanna really listen/read my answer and in sight I don't hate any of them at all.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
25 Sep 12

I do believe in the unity of Christians and there are common beliefs among Christians.

#1 They believe Christ died and rose again and it was to pay for all of mankind's sin
#2 They believe that Christ will one day return to establish His kingdom (has not already secretly returned or spiritually/invisibly returned)
#3 That God will restore the whole creation
#4 The divinity of Christ as He existed forever and created the universe.
#5 The humanity of Christ as stated in the scriptures for he became flesh and dwelt with man during his first advent.
#6 Those who hear and believe in the message of Christ are supposed to share it with the world. Part of the message is repent.
#7 They believe in the fallen nature of humankind

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
You hate the church that I used to go to !!! I've been to many churches if you wanna really listen/read my answer and in sight I don't hate any of them at all.

Manny
I didn't ask if you hated them. I asked does anyone else hate them as in other religions, governments, countries, societies, etc, etc.
You know what I'm asking and what I'm referring to as in Jesus describing that his followers would be "hated by all the nations" and even put to death.
This would obviously not include the Jews as they are not Christian and did not as a whole accept Jesus.
So again I ask who is this applied to? Catholics, Baptist, Mormons, you and whatever church you you slip into for the month? You always avoid this question and for once man up and tell me what religion that calls itself christian is hated by the world?????????? Any idea, nothing?
Jesus said that for a reason, please in all your wisdom of the bible tell me who fits into this description? I'm listening Manny!