22 Sep '12 18:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    For what reasons?
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 18:24
    The move from Pennsylvania to New York occurred during court proceedings over the breakdown of Russells' marriage. His wife Maria had been granted a "limited divorce" on March 4, 1908, but in 1909 returned to court in Pittsburgh to request an increase in alimony, which her former husband refused. Authors Barbara Grizzuti Harrison and Edmond C. Gruss have claimed Russell's move to Brooklyn was motivated by his desire to transfer from the jurisdiction of the Pennsylvania courts. They claim he transferred all his assets to the Watch Tower Society so he could declare himself bankrupt and avoid being jailed for failure to pay alimony.

Taken from wikipedia

So basically he moved the whole society to NY so that he could get away from paying alimony wow!!!

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 18:37
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

All very valid points

Manny
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 18:39
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Tower_Bible_and_Tract_Society_of_Pennsylvania

The history is very interesting to say the least. Big power plays and the like.
    Really when the day is done the bottom line is it was about $$$$$$

Manny

PS: To be fair I guess we can say that about other religious groups also
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 18:43
    The move from Pennsylvania to New York occurred during court proceedings over the breakdown of Russells' marriage. His wife Maria had been granted a "limited divorce" on March 4, 1908, but in 1909 returned to court in Pittsburgh to request an increase in alimony, which her former husband refused. Authors Barbara Grizzuti Harrison and Edmond C. Gruss have cl ...[text shortened]... moved the whole society to NY so that he could get away from paying alimony wow!!!

Manny
    So he was imperfect just as you and myself are. What's the point? If he did do this as you say, were you there to know the facts? Were you a detective or something at that time? How do you know that ones who were biased against him as we all know these so called Christian churches disapproved of him in this country that is supposed to accept all religions according to the constitution, had no influance in any of these matters?
    Please tell me how you have "all the facts" to make this accusation Manny?
    And...whos to say you wouldn't do what you are accusing him of? Why not, as many many religious leaders today do much worse.....
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 18:45
    So you are upset that the JW's are not perfect? Should we be? Is that the bench mark of a group of people that say they are following God and doing the best they can do live up to what the Bible says?
    If that is the case my friend, you have just cancelled out all religions, haven't you?
  8. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:37
    None one is perfect but Russell was a shyster plain and simple. He should of paid his Alimony shyster!!!! Plus he divorced his wife. It should cause you to question the
    legitimacy of your organization.

PS: You should question your organization because your organization is not God.

Manny
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:412 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So he was imperfect just as you and myself are. What's the point?
    The point is obvious; you claim that you [the collective you] are the "sole voice of God's truth on earth".

And yet your founder and indeed every one of you is totally flawed. Your founder and other leaders in particular; you are decieved frauds, frankly.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:56
    None one is perfect but Russell was a shyster plain and simple. He should of paid his Alimony shyster!!!! Plus he divorced his wife. It should cause you to question the
    legitimacy of your organization.

PS: You should question your organization because your organization is not God.

Manny
    Neither is your organization God but yet you listen to them and believe what they tell you? Right?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The point is obvious; you claim that you [the collective you] are the "sole voice of God's truth on earth".

And yet your founder and indeed every one of you is totally flawed. Your founder and other leaders in particular; you are decieved frauds, frankly.
    So I'll post this for you:

So you are upset that the JW's are not perfect? Should we be? Is that the bench mark of a group of people that say they are following God and doing the best they can do live up to what the Bible says?
    If that is the case my friend, you have just cancelled out all religions, haven't you?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 21:02
    Neither is your organization God but yet you listen to them and believe what they tell you? Right?
    I don't belong to any religious organization G-man

Manny
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 22:33
    So he was imperfect just as you and myself are. What's the point? If he did do this as you say, were you there to know the facts? Were you a detective or something at that time? How do you know that ones who were biased against him as we all know these so called Christian churches disapproved of him in this country that is supposed to accept all religion ...[text shortened]... at you are accusing him of? Why not, as many many religious leaders today do much worse.....
    The point is that the Watchtower is not perfect either and they are deceiving you like Satan the devil. The point is get your head out of your arse.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 00:12
    I don't belong to any religious organization G-man

Manny
    That's right. Sorry I forgot you are all on your own. Another mistake the bible says cannot work.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Sep '12 00:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The point is that the Watchtower is not perfect either and they are deceiving you like Satan the devil. The point is get your head out of your arse.
    Well your church is not perfect either. So where is your head?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree