JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

JW's drop attempts to block sex abuse inquiry

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by galveston75
I don't know, he does seem to know a lot you know. I'm sure he does because he was there and heard both sides of the facts.
LOL aye that will be shining bright!

Do you know a place in Texas called Big Spring per chance?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL aye that will be shining bright!

Do you know a place in Texas called Big Spring per chance?
Yep sure do......Been thru there a couple times but was years ago. Reeeeeeeeeeally flat land in those parts.

rc

Moves
07 Mar 17

Yep sure do......Been thru there a couple times but was years ago. Reeeeeeeeeeally flat land in those parts.
A man sent me a gift from there, chess magazines from the 1960's, very valuable and rare, was super kind of him. I tried to google it to see what it looked like, it looks roasting hot, like cracks in the road hot.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
07 Mar 17

A man sent me a gift from there, chess magazines from the 1960's, very valuable and rare, was super kind of him. I tried to google it to see what it looked like, it looks roasting hot, like cracks in the road hot.
It is pretty much that way. The last scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where they rode off into the sunset was filmed in the panhandle of Texas because of the flatness of the land there.
It's also looking like we all may finally be moving back to Texas. Not a sure thing yet but now that dad is alone he is wanting to move back and so is my daughter and family, maybe even this summer. It would be a dream to finally move back home. I left in 89' and have thought of going back every day. Should never have left but I've got to see some beautiful things out west for sure. So we'll see.....

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

Pudgenik: No you are right that i have not read up on the findings of the Royal Australian Commission's report.

neither has divgeeester or FMF
Here are the findings of the Royal Commission and all the transcripts, robbie.

I have uploaded them for you.

https://we.tl/RIoZws4VLy

If you click on the link, they will download via your browser.

The link expires in 7 days.

F

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

No the report said thousands were reported.....
There were over a thousand allegations against their members and elders that the JWs knew about over a period of 60 years that were reported/submitted to the Australian Royal Commission, and the findings of the commission were that none of the allegations - not one - had been reported to the authorities by the JW organization since 1950. You should look at the findings. You can obtain them by clicking on the link in my post to robbie above.

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

Deuteronomy 19:15
15 “No single witness may convict another "for any error or any sin" that he may commit. On the testimony of two witnesses or on the testimony of three witnesses the matter should be established."
Isn't Deuteronomy part of the "old covenant"?

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

If there were no obvious proofs of a sin committed against someone, the proof needed to make a judgement against one persons words had to verified ( same rules as today but with modern help available ) somehow and this is where the two or more witnesses of that offence came into play. If no other eye witnesses or proof were available and the person was truly abused, that was a sad and horrible thing to happen indeed.
Why not report the case to the authorities so that experts could handle it?

F

Moves
07 Mar 17
1 edit

If anyone here were accused of abusing a child but you were truly innocent, would you not want to have all the proof you could find that you were innocent? Not only does God's rule on this help the abused without question, it helps the innocent.
It's not clear what you are saying here. How did your "God's rule" help "the abused" in Australia between 1950 and now?

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Mar 17

Bag of rocks dude! one would be as well as entertaining a bag of rocks!
9th time of asking...

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
9th time of asking...

If the Watchtower leadership have nothing to hide, then why did they try for two years to legally block an investigation into the their reporting of allegations of child sex abuse from within the church?
I guess you want him to say because they definitely have something to hide? That's the only possible reason in your mind.

ENGLAND

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I guess you want him to say because they definitely have something to hide? That's the only possible reason in your mind.
Why don't you PM robbie and see if he needs your help.

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

One must remember the many things available to us today with science did not exist then that have only become available in the last few years.
From the commission's findings:

"BCG and BCB – two survivors of child sexual abuse whose complaints of abuse were first handled by the Jehovah’s Witness organisation in or around 1989 and 1992 respectively".

What are you suggesting about the ability [or lack of ability] of "science" to tackle sex crimes in 1989 and 1992?

F

Moves
07 Mar 17

If someone was a victim of abuse and confided in you and did not want the matter reported to civil authorities would you honour their request and right to privacy?
I answered your question. What's your answer to the same question?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
07 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Why don't you PM robbie and see if he needs your help.
Why don't you PM FMF and ask him to answer the question on your behalf?