1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:08
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Do you believe people other than your self should feel the same way as you do and do you believe they would be making an error if they didn't?
    If they want to protect women and girls from being raped, as I do, I'd expect them to agree with my stance.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:10
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If they want to protect women and girls from being raped, as I do, I'd expect them to agree with my stance.
    So your stance is the only correct stance regarding the protection of girls? You are a moral absolutist that hasn't found the balls to admit it...
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:11
    So your stance is the only correct stance regarding the protection of girls? You are a moral absolutist that hasn't found the balls to admit it...
    It's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:13
    If morality is subjective and everyone should do as they see fit why have you been grinding me about what my parents aught to have done?
    Because we are having a discussion about the morality of action and inaction in a case like this. Did your parents act in what you see as a morally correct way in the aftermath of the rape you say happened to their daughter?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:17
    Do you believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed and for them not to file charges because they're afraid of retribution from their attacker and also afraid of being called a liar?
    No, I don't believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed. What I think is morally unsound is not talking steps necessary to prevent other children from being raped. Is that what your parents did?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:20
    It's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with.
    This is the question you dodged:

Do you believe your stance is the only correct stance regarding the protection of girls? Yes or No?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:21
    By stance you mean the questions I asked you? I did not take any stance on page 2 and 3. I simply asked you some questions.
    What does your belief in God make you think about not telling the authorities [i.e. covering up] the rape that you claim happened to your relative?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:23
    Do you believe your stance is the only correct stance regarding the protection of girls? Yes or No?
    There has been no dodge. Like I said, it's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with. If you should ever come up with one of your own, and it feels more morally sound than the stance I have adopted, maybe I will agree with yours. What is your stance?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:26
    There has been no dodge. Like I said, it's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with. If you should ever come up with one of your own, and it feels more morally sound than the stance I have adopted, maybe I will agree with yours. What is your stance?
    Yes there has been a dodge. Is your answer yes or no to my question? If you’re going to keep on dodging there is no point in continuing this discussion.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:28
    Yes there has been a dodge. Is your answer yes or no to my question? If you’re going to keep on dodging there is no point in continuing this discussion.
    it's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with so it's the one I am guided by in terms of the action I would take. If I thought it was the "wrong" stance, my moral compass would make the adjustment. What was your parents' stance? What is your stance?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:29
    What is your stance regarding the protection of women and girls from a rapist?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:37
    it's the only stance my subjective moral compass has come up with so it's the one I am guided by in terms of the action I would take. If I thought it was the "wrong" stance, my moral compass would make the adjustment. What was your parents' stance? What is your stance?
    So is that a yes or a no to my question?
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:38
    What is your stance regarding the protection of women and girls from a rapist?
    I'm all for it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:40
    So is that a yes or a no to my question?
    Not only have I answered your question, I have explained my thinking as well.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:40
    I'm all for it.
    Did your parents act in what you see as a morally correct way in the aftermath of the rape you say happened to their daughter?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree