1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Not only have I answered your question, I have explained my thinking as well.
    Yes or no? I did not ask you whether it was the only one you had...
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:55
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Yes or no?
    I refer you back to my previous repeated response to your question.

Our subjective moral compasses help us to find what feel like the best solutions we can, and they enable us to do what we think is right in our interactions with others. Same goes for you.

If we thought the steps we were taking were not correct, our moral compasses would make the correction and then that new perspective would become our guide.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 13:56
    I'm all for it.
    Did your parents act in what you see as being a morally correct way in the aftermath of the rape?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 15:242 edits
    Did your parents act in what you see as being a morally correct way in the aftermath of the rape?
    Leave my parents out of this. If you wish to discuss a scenario not involving my parents be my guest.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 15:34
    I refer you back to my previous repeated response to your question.

Our subjective moral compasses help us to find what feel like the best solutions we can, and they enable us to do what we think is right in our interactions with others. Same goes for you.

If we thought the steps we were taking were not correct, our moral compasses would make the correction and then that new perspective would become our guide.
    So if a rape victim thought their own privacy was the best solution for them and their moral compass didn't correct them they wouldn't be doing anything wrong?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 22:10
    So if a rape victim thought their own privacy was the best solution for them and their moral compass didn't correct them they wouldn't be doing anything wrong?
    You already know my answer to this. You've known since page two. Why are you asking me again?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 22:11
    Leave my parents out of this. If you wish to discuss a scenario not involving my parents be my guest.
    Try this scrnario: What would you have done if you had been in your parents shoes?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 22:441 edit
    FMF: But he was left free to rape other women and possibly children for years because your sister refused to act after what you claim happened to her?

Originally posted by @dj2becker on page 5
    You have no idea what kind of brainwashing occurred at the place, my sister went to tell the leader about it, I feel he should have notified the authorities but he didn't and he forbade ...[text shortened]... onfession the perpetrator was was 'forgiven', which is the main reason my sister left the place.
    Do you believe "brainwashing" was the reason why this sex crime was not handled in a morally sound way?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 06:17
    You already know my answer to this. You've known since page two. Why are you asking me again?
    It contradicts what you have just said about moral relativity and that's why you refuse to answer the question.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 06:281 edit
    It contradicts what you have just said about moral relativity and that's why you refuse to answer the question.
    No, it doesn't contradict what I've said. I have been completely consistent and clear. And I am not refusing to answer any question. We're both being subjective. It's all we can be when it comes to moral questions. You don't seem to get what "subjectivity" means.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 06:301 edit
    I've told you what my moral analysis and reasoning on this issue is (pages 2-5 and thereafter.]. So, what is your moral analysis and reasoning on this issue? And what "authority" and "absolute truths" do you think back up your moral stance?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 06:41
    You'd need to explain to me how this would protect other women and children from being raped otherwise my moral compass tells me that this so-called "best solution" is not morally sound. Do you think it'd be morally sound to keep the crime and the danger to others 'private'? I don't. I've given you my reasoning; what's your reasoning?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 06:58
    You'd need to explain to me how this would protect other women and children from being raped otherwise my moral compass tells me that this so-called "best solution" is not morally sound. Do you think it'd be morally sound to keep the crime and the danger to others 'private'? I don't. I've given you my reasoning; what's your reasoning?
    I sure hope Becker shows up soon. I know how excited you get at the thought of an all night posting bender.

Have the twitching, the panting and heavy breathing kicked in?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 07:20
    No, it doesn't contradict what I've said. I have been completely consistent and clear. And I am not refusing to answer any question. We're both being subjective. It's all we can be when it comes to moral questions. You don't seem to get what "subjectivity" means.
    'Subjective' means based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. It means there is no factual basis to morality and it is merely a matter of personal preference and that is hardly a basis for moral obligation. Which means you don't have a leg to stand on.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 07:24
    'Subjective' means based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions. It means there is no factual basis to morality and it is merely a matter of personal preference and that is hardly a basis for moral obligation. Which means you don't have a leg to stand on.
    Thank goodness you’re here. Kiddo’s been a wreck waiting for his nightly posting fix.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree