2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 19:55
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmvtKLuR7I&feature=youtu.be

Is the theory of evolution falsifiable?
    Does the "philosophy of science" itself come up to "scientific standards"?

This is "gumball machine" intelligentsia, with little regard for actual science.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 19:591 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

This is "gumball machine" intelligentsia, with little regard for actual science.
    The theory of evolution is a philosophy of science and not real science that can be tested and verified as correct. DNA was enought to change the minds of some philosphers of science and atheism, but not for others. Even though many of us believed that was enough to falsify the evolution theory, many philosophers hung tight to their religion of atheism. 😏
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:031 edit

You are simply introducing a rather plastic circular argument. If you watch the video Popper defines the criteria for establishing whether a theory is science or pseudo-science/myth.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The theory of evolution is a philosophy of science and not real science that can be tested and verified. 😏
    why not?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:141 edit
    why not?
    I didn't watch the video because I have been presenting evidence for a couple years that the theory of evolution was a fraud and just a philosophy or fairy tale religion for atheists. Check my posts on evolution, intelligent design, and DNA if you are really interested. 😏
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:161 edit
    The theory of evolution is a philosophy of science
    No, it's not.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:20
    I didn't watch the video because I have been presenting evidence for a couple years that the theory of evolution was a fraud and just a philosophy or fairy tale religion for atheists. Check my posts on evolution, intelligent design, and DNA if you are really interested. 😏
    No you have made a claim that the theory of evolution cannot be subject to falsification, surely you must have a reason for that statement.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:331 edit
    No you have made a claim that the theory of evolution cannot be subject to falsification, surely you must have a reason for that statement.
    I don't recall making that claim. I believe the theory of evolution has already been falsified and creation has been proven true. However, that is not true to atheists.

The theory of evolution is a philosophy of science and not real science that can be tested and verified as correct.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:34
    No, it's not.
    Yes, it is. 😏
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:38
    Check my posts on evolution, intelligent design, and DNA if you are really interested. 😏
    Your posts on DNA are nothing anyone who took a biology course in school doesn't know.

You're the only one who seems so astonished by DNA facts that you attribute them as "proof of God".
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:411 edit
    I don't recall making that claim. I believe the theory of evolution has already been falsified and creation has been proven true. However, that is not true to atheists.

The theory of evolution is a philosophy of science and not real science that can be tested and verified as correct.
    Lol if its been falsified then it must be a valid scientific theory according to Popper. Me thinks you don't really understand the term falsify.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:451 edit
    Your posts on DNA are nothing anyone who took a biology course in school doesn't know.

You're the only one who seems so astonished by DNA facts that you attribute them as "proof of God".
    Maybe not just anyone that took a biology course in school would really understand the significance of DNA . However, many PHD scientists that really understand the significance of DNA agree with me. 😏

The Near Genius
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:502 edits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztmvtKLuR7I&feature=youtu.be

Is the theory of evolution falsifiable?
    I think so.

Obviously, falsifying the apparent evidence that the variety of flora and fauna species on Earth has changed over time would falsify evolution, because evolution theory only exists to explain such change. (But verifying that the variety has changed does not itself prove evolution to be true. Changes in species variety can occur by causes other than evolution such as by extinctions or by adaptation or selective breeding within a species. In fact, without evolution and without introduction from outside, we would expect to see no new species and a decrease in global species count over time.)

Also, scientific evidence of a young Earth (e.g. ~6000 years) would falsify the current theory because the current theory requires accepting the observation that genetic changes are slow to occur and require an old Earth. (This is why scientists developed and creationists attack radioisotope dating. But falsifying radioisotope dating AND showing undeniable scientific evidence of a young Earth would be needed, unless the process of falsifying radioisotope dating yielded scientific evidence of a young Earth.)

Further, if it were proved that there is no direct cause and effect correlation between changes in genotype and changes in phenotype, evolution would be reduced to the status of the pre-Watson and Crick evolution theory in search of a mechanism, unless and until another mechanism was found. I would not even think of it as a theory, but would call it a hypothesis.

Finally, of the 4 ways that come to mind, if there were evidence that the entire prehistoric fossil record was planted by a powerful entity to deceive us, or was the result of physical, non-biological processes such as those that form mineral crystals and other identifiable structures that can be explained by the physical sciences, it would be a major setback for evolution theory.

You can find more technical examples by searching on your question.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jun '15 20:592 edits
    Lol if its been falsified then it must be a valid scientific theory according to Popper. Me thinks you don't really understand the term falsify.
    fal·si·fy

/ˈfôlsəˌfī/

verb

verb: falsify; 3rd person present: falsifies; past tense: falsified; past participle: falsified; gerund or present participle: falsifying

1. alter (information or evidence) so as to mislead.

forge or alter (a document) fraudulently.

"falsified documents"

synonyms:

forge, fake, counterfeit, fabricate, alter, change, doctor, tamper with, fudge, manipulate, adulterate, corrupt, misrepresent, misreport, distort, warp, embellish, embroider;

informal
    cook

"she falsified the accounts"

2. prove (a statement or theory) to be false.

"the hypothesis is falsified by the evidence"

synonyms:

disprove, refute, debunk, negate, negative, invalidate, contradict, controvert, confound, demolish, discredit;

informal
    poke holes in, blow out of the water;

formal
    confute
    "the theory is falsified by the evidence"

I believe he means definition number 2.
    Many holes have been poked in the theory of evolution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree