1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 09:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    One can observe evidence of geological sedimentation, but it is only conjecture and speculation to state when it happened if there was no one to observe it. The closer in the past an event occurred the more likely one is to determine when it happened, if no one was actually there to observe the event. 😏

Geo-Blunder: No "Millions of Years"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvVMjsnDVU
    You don't have to be a geologist to realise that some rock formations are the results of a very slow build-up process. Take limestone with grains of igneous rocks in them. Limestone only forms through a sedimentary process, and turns to marble when exposed to a certain amount of heat and pressure, and yet we find very thick layers of limestone with grains of igneous rocks in them, even in deeper strata. It stands to reason then that the deeper rocks (and fossils) formed a very, very long time ago, and is therefore much, much older than 6000 years.

It's not "merely" speculation. It's the only logical conclusion. Any other conclusion is clearly driven by belief in a trickster god, supported only by bits and pieces of logical hogwash and willful ignorance.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Jun '15 22:002 edits
    Originally posted by C Hess
    You don't have to be a geologist to realise that some rock formations are the results of a very slow build-up process. Take limestone with grains of igneous rocks in them. Limestone only forms through a sedimentary process, and turns to marble when exposed to a certain amount of heat and pressure, and yet we find very thick layers of limestone with grains of ...[text shortened]... in a trickster god, supported only by bits and pieces of logical hogwash and willful ignorance.
    It has already been proven that it does not take even a thousand years for rocks to form. 😏

YouTube
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 07:36
    It has already been proven that it does not take even a thousand years for rocks to form. 😏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrN7jygu4cQ
    That's igneous rock. Now, look up sedimentary rock. Then explain to me how we find igneous rock inside limestone, and how such a combination can form fast. Igneous rock requires a lot of heat and pressure to form, while limestone can only form slowly, without much heat and pressure involved. When you realise that such rock could only form incredibly slowly, ask yourself how long it must have taken to form layers of limestone with other forms of rocklayers in between. Once it dawns on you how incredibly old the earth must be, you can just thank me for opening your eyes to the truth. You're welcome. 😏
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 10:37
    That's igneous rock. Now, look up sedimentary rock. Then explain to me how we find igneous rock inside limestone, and how such a combination can form fast. Igneous rock requires a lot of heat and pressure to form, while limestone can only form slowly, without much heat and pressure involved. When you realise that such rock could only form incredibly slowly, a ...[text shortened]... the earth must be, you can just thank me for opening your eyes to the truth. You're welcome. 😏
    I thought you already knew we explain that mainly by the world wide flood of Noah's day. 😏
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 11:28
    I thought you already knew we explain that mainly by the world wide flood of Noah's day. 😏
    Soooo, volcano create igneous rock, flood create sedimentary rock (which hardens really quickly), then volcano create more igneous rock (that doesn't destroy the sedimentary rock beneath, because it's already rock, and it doesn't turn into marble), aaand... it keeps doing that for about a year? And this explains layers upon layers of different strata? Look, limestone don't form in thick layers, and harden (!) in less than a year, and it doesn't stay all limestone with thick layers of hot lava on top! That's ludicrous!

Right, I forgot who I was talking to. Never mind.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 11:48
    Soooo, volcano create igneous rock, flood create sedimentary rock (which hardens really quickly), then volcano create more igneous rock (that doesn't destroy the sedimentary rock beneath, because it's already rock, and it doesn't turn into marble), aaand... it keeps doing that for about a year? And this explains layers upon layers of different strata? Look, l ...[text shortened]... lava on top! That's ludicrous!

Don't you know that God can do the ludicrous?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '15 23:26
    Soooo, volcano create igneous rock, flood create sedimentary rock (which hardens really quickly), then volcano create more igneous rock (that doesn't destroy the sedimentary rock beneath, because it's already rock, and it doesn't turn into marble), aaand... it keeps doing that for about a year? And this explains layers upon layers of different strata? Look, l ...[text shortened]... lava on top! That's ludicrous!

The theory of evolution is what seems ludicrous to me. It is EVIL-lution.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 14:43
    Nice deflection, totally ignoring his post. But that is your MO. If you can't find a video refuting it, you ignore it, since you have nothing to say from your own mind on the subject. No, I have to admit, you came up with what had to be from your own mind when I put forth my objections to the young Earth, using the moon as the example, you said: "Water cooled the moon". Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen any examples of water flow left over on the moon in any of the telescope views or the Apollo pictures taken on the surface? It should look like Mars which had water flow millions of years ago, oh, forgot, a few hundred years ago.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Jun '15 18:36
    Geology is not evolution.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 05:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Nice deflection, totally ignoring his post. But that is your MO. If you can't find a video refuting it, you ignore it, since you have nothing to say from your own mind on the subject. No, I have to admit, you came up with what had to be from your own mind when I put forth my objections to the young Earth, using the moon as the example, you said: "Water cool ...[text shortened]... look like Mars which had water flow millions of years ago, oh, forgot, a few hundred years ago.
    No, but I don't pay much attention to pictures of the Moon or Mars.. Do you really believe there was water flow on Mars?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 06:00
    Geology is not evolution.
    You really believe I didn't know that? That must be just another one of your quick ad hominem attacks.
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 07:38
    You really believe I didn't know that?
    When you bring up your thoughts on evolution in response to having your young earth delusion challenged from geology? No it appears you didn't realise they're different things.

Now, kindly explain how limestone can form together with igneous rock, in several layers, in less than 6000 years. The flood explanation clearly won't do, since the two types of rock can only form under completely opposite conditions. What's that? Your god is a trickster god? I guess so.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 08:381 edit
    When you bring up your thoughts on evolution in response to having your young earth delusion challenged from geology? No it appears you didn't realise they're different things.

Now, kindly explain how limestone can form together with igneous rock, in several layers, in less than 6000 years. The flood explanation clearly won't do, since the two types of roc ...[text shortened]... form under completely opposite conditions. What's that? Your god is a trickster god? I guess so.
    Look at the following video and imagine a worldwide flood that killed many plants and animals and they get buried and compressed to form fossils, coal, and limestone during and after the year long flood waters receding and the mountains raising and the valleys sinking as the Holy Bible says.

What is the Limestone cycle?

YouTube

Here is another video, not about limestone but one you might be interested in for the science associated with the Holy Bible.

High tech civilization destroyed by Noah's flood; Proof in coal and Rocks

YouTube
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 10:09
    Look at the following video and imagine a worldwide flood that killed many plants and animals and they get buried and compressed to form fossils, coal, and limestone during and after the year long flood waters receding and the mountains raising and the valleys sinking as the Holy Bible says.

What is the Limestone cycle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAWY_uye94g
    The limestone cycle is not an explanation for the problem I raised, and incidently, the narrator explains how limestone takes millions of years to form in sediments. Doh.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 10:261 edit
    The limestone cycle is not an explanation for the problem I raised, and incidently, the narrator explains how limestone takes millions of years to form in sediments. Doh.
    The millions of years bit is part of her evolution training. However, she is accurate about the rest of it. That is why I asked you to imagine the worldwide flood instead of the millions of years, because we know coal was once thought to take millions of years to form too. We now know that is not true.

Maybe the following video will be better to help you understand the forming of limestone.

Sedimentary Rocks

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree