1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 12:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The millions of years bit is part of her evolution training. However, she is accurate about the rest of it. That is why I asked you to imagine the worldwide flood instead of the millions of years, because we know coal was once thought to take millions of years to form too. We now know that is not true.

Maybe the following video will be better to help yo ...[text shortened]... d the forming of limestone.

Sedimentary Rocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MNvf5LBx4s
    Do you even realise that you're not addressing the problem I raised?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 12:35
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Do you even realise that you're not addressing the problem I raised?
    I guess not.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 12:36
    I guess not.
    I think you guess plenty.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 15:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I think you guess plenty.
    The evolution so-called scientists are ones that assume and guess plenty. I just guess a little, because I know that ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME.
    😏
  5. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 17:47
    The evolution so-called scientists are ones that assume and guess plenty. I just guess a little, because I know that ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME.
    😏
    The fundamental assumption in science is that the knowable laws of nature was always the same as they are now.

The fundamental assumptions in your flavour of creationism is that there is a god, that the bible is the inerrant word of this god, that this god meant genesis in a literal, historical sense, and any observation that doesn't fit with your earlier assumptions, you assume to be a mistaken, misunderstood or faked observation.

To accept evolution is to accept exactly one assumption at face value. To accept creationism is to friggin' drown in assumptions.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '15 18:05
    Originally posted by C Hess
    The fundamental assumption in science is that the knowable laws of nature was always the same as they are now.

The fundamental assumptions in your flavour of creationism is that there is a god, that the bible is the inerrant word of this god, that this god meant genesis in a literal, historical sense, and any observation that doesn't fit with your earlier ...[text shortened]... exactly one assumption at face value. To accept creationism is to friggin' drown in assumptions.
    So does ASSUME make an ASS out of U and ME or not?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 06:50
    So does ASSUME make an ASS out of U and ME or not?
    No, just you.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '15 10:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    No, just you.
    You have made a troll out of yourself.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree