1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 00:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    How do you explain not-so-tiny countries being ahead of the U.S. like ...Denmark ... Netherlands ... United Kingdom ... Ireland ... Belgium ... Switzerland ... New Zealand ... Portugal...?
    Not-so-tiny?

I'd consider any country with a population less than my state (6.6 million) to be tiny. Compared to the US (the point of my post) they are all tiny. The only country I'd make concession on would be the UK, at 64 million.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 01:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    No. I meant Gross National Income.
    That is why I said "Gross National Income"

Definition
    The Gross national income (GNI) is the total domestic and foreign
    output claimed by residents of a country, consisting of gross
    domestic product (GDP) plus factor incomes earned by foreign
    residents, minus income earned in the domestic economy by non-residents.
    Yeah, you might try reading my entire post sometime (something you seem rather reluctant to do, given your reactions only to sections of my posts in other threads).

And I'm not even going to talk about how your definition of GNI renders it almost the same as GDP anyways.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 07:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne

And I'm not even going to talk about how your definition of GNI renders it almost the same as GDP anyways.
    You started by saying that you thought I meant GNP
    now you are saying it's almost GDP. Do you know
    what you are talking about?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 07:09

1. I'd consider any country with a population less than my state (6.6 million) to be tiny.

2. Compared to the US (the point of my post) they are all tiny.

3. The only country I'd make concession on would be the UK, at 64 million.
    1. So when you say "tiny" we have to not only know what your definition is but also what state you are from!

2. So you are no longer comparing with your state but with the US
    one of the world's largest countries. That makes 230 countries "tiny".

3. A concession? A country in the top 20 in the world, that you initially
    described as tiny, you are making a concession? Who are you? God?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 15:22
    You started by saying that you thought I meant GNP
    now you are saying it's almost GDP. Do you know
    what you are talking about?
    Do you?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 15:41
    1. So when you say "tiny" we have to not only know what your definition is but also what state you are from!

2. So you are no longer comparing with your state but with the US
    one of the world's largest countries. That makes 230 countries "tiny".

3. A concession? A country in the top 20 in the world, that you initially
    described as tiny, you are making a concession? Who are you? God?
    1. No, you don't. I'll probably still talk to you anyways, unless, you know, you start acting like a child.

2. 5 million people compared to 330 million. And you wonder why the smaller country comes before a larger one when listed in order of their "giving to (total) income". Yes, these countries are tiny. By population and total income when compared to the US. I guess I should be happy that you at least understood what I said, despite your petulance.

3. [eyeroll][sarcasm] Yes, I'm God. [/sarcasm][/eyeroll] Sorry you can't converse with me without a roadmap. Do you talk this way to all women? I would guess (just a guess) not. Top 20? Maybe by population, which is why I might agree that it is not "tiny". But we have states in the US far bigger in land area. I'm sorry that all those people crammed onto a couple of tiny islands makes you so petulant. (Yes, I realize you live in NZ now. You can probably at least swing a dead cat now without hitting your neighbors.)

I wonder if you react this way when anyone speaks to you. Because we're all human on this planet, and no matter where one comes from, I imagine most use colloquialisms and slang and to require that everyone who speaks to you to use complete sentences and precise, proper English at all times gets rather tiring. I'd rather talk to people like they were human. I'd like to say that I won't bother doing so with you in future, but I probably will. Deal with it. (Don't grump all over me trying to prove your testicles are bigger... I would suppose they are.)

Now, if you don't mind, I wonder if you could focus your attention on the other reply I made to your OP asking you questions about it? (No, I'm not going to insult you by repeating the questions or the post, as you are wont to do. I'm going to assume you can find the post and read it for yourself. I know... shocking, right?)
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 20:37

You just did.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 01:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    http://www.nptrust.org/philanthropic-resources/charitable-giving-statistics/

Amazing statistics. I wonder how much would be needed to end poverty and ensure prosperity for all. Can it be done?
    Jesus said we would always have the poor.

The riches we should seek are in the heart.

If everyone in the world had their fill of food, some will still complain to be poorer than others.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 04:50
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    If everyone in the world had their fill of food, some will still complain to be poorer than others.
    Yes, the poor are never satisfied! Damn them!
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 12:20
    Yes, the poor are never satisfied! Damn them!
    Never Damn them.

It isn't the physically poor who complain the loudest, it is those who are spiritually poor for they don't even believe in their creator.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Sep '14 18:59
    Never Damn them.

It isn't the physically poor who complain the loudest, it is those who are spiritually poor for they don't even believe in their creator.
    So you think atheists are whingers?
    Whilst the staunch theists put up with their lot in life?
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Sep '14 07:041 edit
    So you think atheists are whingers?
    Whilst the staunch theists put up with their lot in life?
    So you think most of the Christians really believe in their God? I don't think most Christians even understand Him. Or what it is to fall deeply in love with Him.

I know what to expect from Atheists, and it is for that reason that i have special compassion for them. That is why it is so important for the Christian community to understand the scripture, "for those who know the law, they will be judged by the law. And for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in their hearts."
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 01:11
    So you think most of the Christians really believe in their God?
    This is great!

We have atheists praying on another thread and here we have atheist Christians.

Brilliant!!
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '14 02:10
    This is great!

We have atheists praying on another thread and here we have atheist Christians.

Brilliant!!
    Tell me, if Christian men and women truly believed in God (without any doubt) would those who were married. Who swore an oath of fidelity and to cherish till death. Would they get divorced on a whim?

No wolfgang, for many their faith is cold.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree