Know thyself

Know thyself

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Seems there have been recurring themes my whole life. I am starting to know what kind of person I am.
I have never been the smarteset, or the wisest or the deepest.
But I have always been the first.

This goes back to tenedencies inherited at birth, where, as a kid , I would always be the first on my block to do or get stuff.

Even here on RHP I had a rating of 2040 after my second rated game. (Now I have revised my plan to try to stay at 1500 to 1350 🙁 ).

At school I always got into the cool bands first. Always the first with fashions (when I cared about that stuff)

What does it all mean?
I dont know, but I know what I'm not. And I know my weaknesses.

And what I like.

And how life goes.

God bless you all, (even if 'he' doesn't exist)

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
06 Feb 11
7 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Seems there have been recurring themes my whole life. I am starting to know what kind of person I am.

This goes back to tenedencies inherited at birth, where, as a kid , I would always be the first on my block to do or get stuff.

Even here on RHP ...[text shortened]...

And what I like.

And how life goes.

I'd like to say I've always been first but there have always those tall and scrawny sods (I'm also skinny, but not overly tall) who for all my speed still managed to beat me in a race; that said I'm pretty well known for being fast on my feet compared to most people - though as I'm halfway towards the grand old age of 31 that may not be true anymore :[

I've never been the smartest person - indeed my sense in fashion owes itself to the Bauhaus maxim: "function over form", and apart from some snazzy shell suits back in the early 90's I've always strived to stay true to this (and had no choice in the matter when it was my parents buying my clothes).

I've always been pretty cool though; indeed given my less than ample body weight, more often than not I'm frickin freezing half the time!

Pertinent to this forum hoever, I'm often very suspicious of what other people tell me - this extends further than religious or supernatural claims. To my shame I'm always looking between the lines in conversation and reserving positive judgement until I know someone better.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
06 Feb 11

I am my actions.

What I do, how I interact with people, my motives.
My emotional responses, and thought patterns
That which I sense, and manipulate, create, express, destroy
All just a medium for me

I am me in relation to everything else,
just a reaction to the universe, river flowing through the rockbed

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I'd like to say I've always been first but there have always those tall and scrawny sods (I'm also skinny, but not overly tall) who for all my speed still managed to beat me in a race; that said I'm pretty well known for being fast on my feet compared to most people - though as I'm halfway towards the grand old age of 31 that may not be true anymore :[

I've ...[text shortened]... ines in conversation and reserving positive judgement until I know someone better.
Now, going on, I believe I have been the first of many to have interactions with aliens/E.T.'s.

If my mind wasn't strong enough, I would be in the nuthouse right now.

Obviously, supposed direct contact with E.T's has all sorts of philosophical and maybe religous implications.

The main message: "We are here, but you must do this thing yourselves."

I stand by my convictions. Soon as I know I am wrong, I will let you know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by ua41
I am my actions.

What I do, how I interact with people, my motives.
My emotional responses, and thought patterns
That which I sense, and manipulate, create, express, destroy
All just a medium for me

I am me in relation to everything else,
just a reaction to the universe, river flowing through the rockbed
If I was a chick....

🙂

Man, you are cool.

It will come....

w

Moves
06 Feb 11
2 edits

I like eating things cold out of the refrigerator. Heck, if I could I would probably eat them frozen out of the freezer. So what exactly does this say about me?

I also know that in terms of intelligence there are others that outshine me at times, but at other times I wonder if I'm the only human being on earth with a shred of intelligence. Then I wonder who really gives a damn either way? But then I think, history dictates that if you are enlightened, you become a target and wind up either getting nailed to a cross or burned at a stake etc., so perhaps I should just shut the @@## up if I am enlightened, or if I'm not I should shut the ##@@ up because I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway. Either way I seem to lose. 😕

So what am I really trying to say here? I know, I'm just a poor lost soul swimming in a fish bowl year after year. (By the way Pink Floyd stole that line from me if you were interested).

Speaking of being lost, I remember the feeling I had when I was younger asking my parents what was wrong with me. I had this empty feeling inside that I identified as a problem but didn't seem to know how to convey what exactly I was trying to say to them. But then I came to faith in Islam and after three honor killings later and two beheadings I realized that I was really screwed up and lost!! Just kidding. 😲

All I know is that Christ saved me even before my body had the chance to wither away and die. The emptyness is gone and for that I am eternally grateful!! 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by whodey
I like eating things cold out of the refrigerator. Heck, if I could I would probably eat them frozen out of the freezer. So what exactly does this say about me?

I also know that in terms of intelligence there are others that outshine me at times, but at other times I wonder if I'm the only human being on earth with a shred of intelligence. Then I wonder ...[text shortened]... to wither away and die. The emptyness is gone and for that I am eternally grateful!! 😀
Jesus is in a box-like sattelite, circling the Earth doing hardcore penance.

He wants you to understand you are in him just as he is in you.

He also knows Bhudda and some other spiritual dudes.

but dont overburden the guy, he's a nice guy, but really hadn't planned on all this contrevesy in his name.

(Now, I realize you are prolly older than me in Earth years, but I hope you dont think age has anything to do with it. I say this because I respect my elders)
PEACE😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 11

As a member of the "me" generation of the 60's "finding" myself, and learning "who I was", was what it was all about for far too long. When I did finally understand who and what I was it was too late.

But not really.

Now it isn't about me anymore. Now it's all about who I am "in Christ".

It's better than "knowing myself" by far.

I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
06 Feb 11
1 edit

Now, going on, I believe I have been the first of many to have interactions with aliens/E.T.'s.

If my mind wasn't strong enough, I would be in the nuthouse right now.

Obviously, supposed direct contact with E.T's has all sorts of philosophical and maybe religous implications.

The main message: "We are here, but you must do this thing yourselves."

I stand by my convictions. Soon as I know I am wrong, I will let you know.
I am wearing a T-shirt right now, which bears the message on the back in beautiful scrolled Thai calligraphy, "If you want something doing, and doing well, then do it yourself.

I'm not cold though, it's 32C here. 😀

One thing to add to what has been written here, and I consider of importance;

It isn't just the things you do! We can have massive effect, both positively "and negatively", within the things we should/could/would/might/may/can, but 'we don't do!'

-m.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by josephw
As a member of the "me" generation of the 60's "finding" myself, and learning "who I was", was what it was all about for far too long. When I did finally understand who and what I was it was too late.

But not really.

Now it isn't about me anymore. Now it's all about who I am [b]"in Christ".

It's better than "knowing myself" by far.

I ...[text shortened]... faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20[/b]
Why persist? JC is shuddering....

OK. Persist, but just remember, I am not against you.OK? 😉

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by mikelom
I am wearing a T-shirt right now, which bears the message on the back in beautiful scrolled Thai calligraphy, "If you want something doing, and doing well, then do it yourself.

I'm not cold though, it's 32C here. 😀

One thing to add to what has been written here, and I consider of importance;

It isn't just the things you do! We can have massive effe ...[text shortened]... vely", within the things we should/could/would/might/may/can, but 'we don't do!'

-m.
I'll buy that shirt for 30buks Australian dollars, right now.

Serious.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
06 Feb 11

Even here on RHP ...[text shortened]...

And what I like.

And how life goes.

I have a sneaking suspicion that people who claim to 'know' themselves don't really know what they're talking about.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by rwingett
I have a sneaking suspicion that people who claim to 'know' themselves don't really know what they're talking about.
Yeah,yeah...
But do we not have to try?
Sometimes its good to know that we are a round peg and should not be looking for square holes.

Also, like I mentioned, I've seen these really strong innate tendencies that cant be attributed to genetics or the environment

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
06 Feb 11

Yeah,yeah...
But do we not have to try?
Sometimes its good to know that we are a round peg and should not be looking for square holes.

Also, like I mentioned, I've seen these really strong innate tendencies that cant be attributed to genetics or the environment
You have formed a mental image that you seem to think approximates 'you.' This representational stand-in is a doppleganger that serves merely to obscure the real 'you' from yourself. It inevitably leads to error.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 11

Why persist? JC is shuddering....

OK. Persist, but just remember, I am not against you.OK? 😉
I know you're not against me karoly. And I know you know I'm for you as well.

We differ in how we perceive this world, but we're brothers none the less. It is when "they, them, those" who hold to a belief system so stringently that they then justify making themselves enemies to whomever opposes their views, that "we" of peaceful intent must then defend our lives and liberties at all costs. That is if we value our freedom.

Where am I going with this? 😕