1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Seems there have been recurring themes my whole life. I am starting to know what kind of person I am.
    I have never been the smarteset, or the wisest or the deepest.
    But I have always been the first.

This goes back to tenedencies inherited at birth, where, as a kid , I would always be the first on my block to do or get stuff.

Even here on RHP ...[text shortened]...

And what I like.

And how life goes.

God bless you all, (even if 'he' doesn't exist)
    Jesus says that those who are last will be first.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:16
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You have formed a mental image that you seem to think approximates 'you.' This representational stand-in is a doppleganger that serves merely to obscure the real 'you' from yourself. It inevitably leads to error.
    Please describe what it means to "know the real you" since you seem to be an authority on the subject.

Please help us to avoid error!
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:20
    Why persist? JC is shuddering....

"OK. Persist, but just remember, I am not against you.OK?"

I know you're not against me karoly. And I know you know I'm for you as well.

We differ in how we perceive this world, but we're brothers none the less. It is when "they, them, those" who hold to a belief system so stringently that they then justify making themselves enemies to whomever opposes their views, that "we" of peaceful intent must then defend our lives and liberties at all costs. That is if we value our freedom.

Where am I going with this? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit: I had to re-post this from page one, because, who ever looks back to the previous page to see if they missed anything?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:23
    You have formed a mental image that you seem to think approximates 'you.' This representational stand-in is a doppleganger that serves merely to obscure the real 'you' from yourself. It inevitably leads to error.
    Understood.

A complete change is not out of the question for me. Its all about timing.

I'm being realistic. I'm planning for a miracle.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    I know you're not against me karoly. And I know you know I'm [b]for you as well.

We differ in how we perceive this world, but we're brothers none the less. It is when "they, them, those" who hold to a belief system so stringently that they then justify making themselves enemies to whomever opposes their views, that "we" of peaceful intent must then de ...[text shortened]... iberties at all costs. That is if we value our freedom.

Where am I going with this? ๐Ÿ˜•[/b]
    I'm glad

And I agree, as long as their is no physical, malicous intent, we can continue
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 18:29
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Jesus says that those who are last will be first.
    I am reminded of the movie "Die Hard 2".

The planes circling the airstrip are running out of fuel and time.

Bruce Willis, in one foul swoop, blows up the baddies and at the same time leaves a trail of fire behind to light the way for the other planes to land safely.
    Someones gotta light the fire. The rest will follow.

In this sense I am not the first or last. But I dont want to miss my calling.
    I dont know if I'm Bruce Willis or the people in the plane. But I know what to look for. And follow my gut. If I didn't , I wouldn't be here
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 19:10
    Please describe what it means to "know the real you" since you seem to be an authority on the subject.

Please help us to avoid error!
    I am saying that there either is no fixed entity that is the 'real you', or if so, that it is probably unknowable. As such, I claim to have no knowledge of the 'real anyone'.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulรคrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 19:15
    I am saying that there either is no fixed entity that is the 'real you', or if so, that it is probably unknowable. As such, I claim to have no knowledge of the 'real anyone'.
    Have you read Daniel Dennett on this topic.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:06
    Will you please define what you mean by "no fixed entity"?
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:07
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Does he know something?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:33
    Jesus is in a box-like sattelite, circling the Earth doing hardcore penance.

He wants you to understand you are in him just as he is in you.

He also knows Bhudda and some other spiritual dudes.

but dont overburden the guy, he's a nice guy, but really hadn't planned on all this contrevesy in his name.

(Now, I realize you are prolly older than ...[text shortened]... ou dont think age has anything to do with it. I say this because I respect my elders)
    PEACE๐Ÿ˜‰
    Stop correcting me!! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Anyhew, I'm right and your wrong so there!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:381 edit
    But you do realize that you have formed a mental image about what you think they have formed a metal image about that could potentially further obscure the 'real' him from himself. In fact, I find myself becoming obscured to the point that I'm not really sure what exactly I am talking about. But then, perhaps it is only when you realize that you have no idea what is going on that you fully understand the situation.

Edit: Now I think I will go jump off a bridge somewheres. ๐Ÿ˜›
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 21:39
    I'm not sure but I think Rwingett qualifies as one.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:03
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    No, I haven't. Sadly, I haven't actually gotten around to reading any of his books yet. Which book are you referring to?
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:05
    'You' are constantly in a state of flux. Just like you can't step into the same river twice, there is no fixed entity know as 'you'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree