1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:11
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No, I haven't. Sadly, I haven't actually gotten around to reading any of his books yet. Which book are you referring to?
    Consciousness Explained goes into this topic deep long hard and fun.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Consciousness Explained goes into this topic deep long hard and fun.
    Golly, and here I thought I was the first one to come up with that. πŸ˜‰

I know Dennett was one of the 'Four Horsemen', along with Dawkins, Harris and Hitchens. I'll have to take a look at one of his books someday.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Feb '11 22:51
    'You' are constantly in a state of flux. Just like you can't step into the same river twice, there is no fixed entity know as 'you'.
    By 'state of flux' do you mean never constant, always changing?

So in one moment I'm 'me' and the next moment I'm 'me' again only I'm not 'me' because I've changed into someone else?

Please explain further.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 01:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    Stop correcting me!! 😠

Anyhew, I'm right and your wrong so there!!! πŸ˜›
    Sorry...
    One day you'll know what I'm on about, until then you can stick with your waterred down version, childlike concepts of spirituality.

Better than nothing, I guess

And you cant prove he's not in a satellite.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 01:57
    I have consistently brought people back to themselves and their own power,on this forum.
    I dont want to give my energy to Jesus or any other sage-type dudes.

It is you that I love

And after having been here for at least 18months, I can honestly say I dont dislike any of you
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 02:583 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    [b]Sorry...
    One day you'll know what I'm on about, until then you can stick with your waterred down version, childlike concepts of spirituality.
    Gee thanks!!

After all, Christ said that we must have faith as a child to enter his kingdom. πŸ˜€

Keep it simple stupid!! 😠

It beats an elitist message that only someone like visted could fathom. Either it is a message for the common man or it is not a message for everyone.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 04:43
    Gee thanks!!

After all, Christ said that we must have faith as a child to enter his kingdom. πŸ˜€

It beats an elitist message that only someone like visted could fathom. Either it is a message for the common man or it is not a message for everyone.
    There are so many levels to wisdom, and that is precisely because not everyone is the same in intelligence.

So I say it doesn't matter how intelligent you talk or act, as long you go with the truth on some level. That is why I dont reject Christ.
    "Love your enemies" is one of the most profound yet simple spiritual concepts to understand, and though Christ was not the only one to come up with that sort of thinking, I will will give him that one.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 04:45
    Gee thanks!!

Yes but that Kingdom is within. There no actual pearly gates, its just a nice way to introduce kids or retarded people to the message of christ/spiritualty
  9. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 08:21
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes but that Kingdom is within. There no actual pearly gates, its just a nice way to introduce kids or retarded people to the message of christ/spiritualty
    It is poisonous, don't put cream on top.
    When people point with one hand to the gate of heaven they often point with their other hand to the pit of hell. Kids shouldn't be pestered with such frightening images, that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

I prefer the title of your thread πŸ˜‰
  10. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 08:40
    You have formed a mental image that you seem to think approximates 'you.' This representational stand-in is a doppleganger that serves merely to obscure the real 'you' from yourself. It inevitably leads to error.
    Isn't it logical that we like to know the real 'me', streaming all the time. Knowing in the sense of being in close harmony. I like your river metaphor. The river is never the same. Still some people know the river very well with all its moves and turns, others don't.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 09:311 edit
    May I add.....

The real you, is a pin prick of spiritual energy called the soul, and in Bhagavad Gita it is said quote:.........."The individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, immutable, invisible, inconceivable, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same"

As you can see by the authority of the Bhagavad Gita the soul (the real you) is unchangeable and immutable and eternally the same....and is never in flux.

What is is changing all the time, is ones false ego or identity.
  12. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 09:36
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    May I add.....

The real you, is a pin prick of spiritual energy called the soul, and in Bhagavad Gita it is said quote:.........."The individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, immutable, invisible, inconceivable, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same"

As you can see by the authorit ...[text shortened]... e....and is never in flux.

No it isnt
  13. Lowlands paradise
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 10:04
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    May I add.....

As you can see by the authorit ...[text shortened]... e....and is never in flux.

We can quarrel endless if the soul is able to move or not.
    Start asking yourself if you want to dive deeper in to yourself.
    If the answer is yes, then look for a technique to do so. Personally I think it wise sometimes to drop all the knowledge, holy or not, you have collected and to embrace silence.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 17:23
    All this talk about knowing yourself reminds me of a time when I watched Oprah talk about religion. She said something to the effect that religion for her was a way to find out about yourself and be better in tune with yourself. She then looked in the camer, with a straight face I might add, and said that as for her, it has made her more full of herself than she has ever been.

Hilarious!! πŸ˜€
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Feb '11 20:06
    Originally posted by souverein
    It is poisonous, don't put cream on top.
    When people point with one hand to the gate of heaven they often point with their other hand to the pit of hell. Kids shouldn't be pestered with such frightening images, that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

I prefer the title of your thread πŸ˜‰
    I see your point, perhaps a bad choice of words. I have 2 very intelligent, spiritual friends, who are still "recovering catholics" , despite being into middle life. Seems the indoctrination of hell is a stifling one for the god of pure love ....

(I guess the christians on here may say that they are that way because there is truth to the illogical concept of hell. I say childrens imaginations are powerful, nothing more.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree