1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Why would the rational side of your brain have you believe in something that you have already stated is impossible to prove?

No disrespect intended, but surely you can see the disparity between 'rational' and 'impossible?' - Surely a rational approach would be to believe nothing until it is proven?
    The entirely of what is rational is far larger than the narrow window you give to that which you deem as 'logical'. 'Logic' is another way humans deceive themselves. Of course, as always, anyone's particular mileage may vary.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 02:05
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yes. The documentation is there.

If your particular antenna is damaged to the point of not being able to receive that frequency (i.e. not believing it), then that is on you, as well.
    Different religions have their own documentation. How has your god figure made it clear to my Muslim neighbours, for example, that what you believe about Christ is true and what they believe about Christ is untrue?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 02:08
    Au contraire. It is the rational side of my brain which convinced me to throw in with this man, this Jesus of Nazareth, the risen Christ, the Redeemer, the Messiah, my Savior.
    Is it also "the rational side of the brain" that convinces Hindus to be Hindus, for example?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 02:09
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Different religions have their own documentation. How has your god figure made it clear to my Muslim neighbours, for example, that what you believe about Christ is true and what they believe about Christ is untrue?
    How their antennas are bent is up to them.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 02:13
    How their antennas are bent is up to them.
    This retort doesn't answer my question. This retort is merely saying that you see things differently from my Muslim neighbours. What about my question?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 09:001 edit
    This retort doesn't answer my question. This retort is merely saying that you see things differently from my Muslim neighbours. What about my question?
    What about it? It only strikes me as frivolous and attacking.

You do not actually give a damn what the answer is.

Again, whether they exercise their free will to choose is up to them, So is the nature of their choice. It's not my choice to make for them.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 09:10
    Again, whether they exercise their free will to choose is up to them, So is the nature of their choice. It's not my choice to make for them.
    You're still dodging. The question is not about the choice you just so happen to have made. The question is about the supposed "revelation" of the things you were talking about earlier and whether this can be truly or realistically be framed as having been a "revelation" to my Muslim neighbours.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 09:16
    You do not actually give a damn what the answer is.
    When my Muslim neighbours look at a new born baby and see god's work, it's their god figure's work they see, not yours.

When they see the wonder of nature, it's the miraculous creation of their god figure they see, not the work of your god.

And they have their own holy scriptures that are different from yours. Their beliefs are reaffirmed in such ways, the same as yours are.

You make all these assertions about who Christ is and what his significance is from your perspective.

But what has your god done to change the perspective of my Muslim neighbours and to make them think that you are right and they, and their families, and their parents, and all the generations before them, have all got it wrong?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 09:52
    When my Muslim neighbours look at a new born baby and see god's work, it's their god figure's work they see, not yours.

When they see the wonder of nature, it's the miraculous creation of their god figure they see, not the work of your god.

And they have their own holy scriptures that are different from yours. Their beliefs are reaffirmed in such ways, ...[text shortened]... d their families, and their parents, and all the generations before them, have all got it wrong?
    The Holy Scripture known as the New Testament, the Good News, the Gospel, is available to all to absorb at their leisure. As you yourself said, "Go look it up, it's searchable online."

What has my God done? Perhaps you need to take a peek inside the NT for yourself. And please don't try to convince us that you "know" it -- apparently not, or you would not have asked the question.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '17 09:591 edit
    What has my God done? Perhaps you need to take a peek inside the NT for yourself. And please don't try to convince us that you "know" it -- apparently not, or you would not have asked the question.
    One might understand what your god might supposedly done for you living, as you do, in a predominantly Christian country with your TV evangelists and god-citing politicians and churches all over the landscape stretching back 250 years and all the rest. But what has he done to reveal himself ~ in any credible way that's comparable to your experience ~ to my neighbours here in mostly Muslim Indonesia?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree