1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 00:42
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I'm an open book. Perhaps ask better questions.

I have thoughts and opinions, and am happy to share. I cannot demonstrate that [b]you
    have mental existence, so I wonder what sort of evidence you look for.

Does your mind's eye conjure up sky-daddies? Entities that hop around solar systems and galaxies and work great magic? That is what you deal with, isn't it.[/b]
    I'm simply asking you the same questions you are asking Christians apathist.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I'm simply asking you the same questions you are asking Christians apathist.
    So restate. Pretty sure you wont. But you heard me say that, and so your response changes.

Let us cut to the chase, whaddya say. Do you know god exists?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 01:08
    So restate. Pretty sure you wont. But you heard me say that, and so your response changes.

Let us cut to the chase, whaddya say. Do you know god exists?
    It's no fun boxing your ears when you are drunk.
    Let's continue later today.
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 03:51
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No one has suggested that you should insist anything of anyone or dissuade anyone from anything, so don't worry about that.

I simply asked a question of a believer who claims to know their god figure exists (and who also claims that evidence is meaningless in this matter), which was:

'Surely his (the non-believer's) use of the word "know" is no different ~ no more or less legitimate ~ than your use of the word "know"?'
    OK
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 22:10
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    It's no fun boxing your ears when you are drunk.
    Let's continue later today.
    I have news for you. You jump to conclusions as an escape mechanism, plus I'm stupid sober. An honest thinker would be about content, not gossip,
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    21 Aug '17 22:16
    Do you know that God exists, divegeester? Or just keep evading. Strawmen, insults, the whole bag of tricks that let you hide.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 12:551 edit
    Do you know that God exists, divegeester? Or just keep evading. Strawmen, insults, the whole bag of tricks that let you hide.
    Yet when I stated, up front and positively, that God does exist, did you have anything to say?

No, you were content to sit back and let FMF get all up in my face about side issues.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 13:14
    So people who have different beliefs from you with regard to supernatural things, for which you concede evidence is meaningless, are not "equivalent" to you in some way?

And how can you insist both that evidence is meaningless with regard to your beliefs AND you have "substance" at the same time?
    A theist has 'evidence' in their mind for the existence of God. Whether you agree with that evidence is neither here nor there. What 'evidence' does an atheist have for the non-existence of God?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 13:51
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    A theist has 'evidence' in their mind for the existence of God. Whether you agree with that evidence is neither here nor there. What 'evidence' does an atheist have for the non-existence of God?
    That's a question worthy of a pre-teen. Don't bother asking me again. The case is for you to make. If you have a god figure you reckon exists, and if you think you have "evidence", good for you.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 14:08
    That's a question worthy of a pre-teen. Don't bother asking me again. The case is for you to make. If you have a god figure you reckon exists, and if you think you have "evidence", good for you.
    Yeah conveniently so, the atheist can sit back and insist that all other world views need to make a case to support their views, whereas they don't.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 14:14
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Yeah conveniently so, the atheist can sit back and insist that all other world views need to make a case to support their views, whereas they don't.
    You're entitled to huff and puff about the fact the burden of proof is yours all you want, but the case about magical supernatural beings is yours to make nevertheless.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 16:13
    That whether or not you claim to know that your god exists somehow depends on a somebody else's answer to the same question is strange.
    Under the heading 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours'.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Aug '17 23:43
    And if you think that your position is, in any way, a default position, then good for you. You're still wrong.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 01:19
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And if you think that your position is, in any way, a default position, then good for you. You're still wrong.
    The burden of proof is yours, not mine, just as it was for Dasa to make the case for the existence of reincarnation, not for others to disprove it.
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 04:03
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Yet when I stated, up front and positively, that God does exist, did you have anything to say?

No, you were content to sit back and let FMF get all up in my face about side issues.
    Holy cow, girl. I miss a lot. So you can demonstrate that God exists.

I bet not. Prove me wrong, all right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree