1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:33
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The ones revealed in the book of Revelation.
    This is too comical! Dj2becker - the master of song and dance.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:36
    The ones revealed in the book of Revelation. e.g. the rapture.
    It's one thing to qualify Christ's teachings or biblical representations of History as "truths", but to state that an event that has not yet occured nor explicitally detailed as "truth" is a bit of a stretch, dj. Even for you.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:37
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Depends what you mean by TRUTHS. An author's interpretation of scripture wouldn't necessarily qualify...
    Sure. But I mean in general... The 'rapture' as an event doesn't need much interpretation does it?
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:40
    Sure. But I mean in general... The 'rapture' as an event doesn't need much interpretation does it?
    Sure it does. i.e. When it occurs with respect to the tribulations prophecized by Revelation, as I've stated.

Does this book have any "truth" in it at all, dj, or would you like to retract your statement?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:40
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It's one thing to qualify Christ's teachings or biblical representations of History as "truths", but to state that an event that has not yet occured nor explicitally detailed as "truth" is a bit of a stretch, dj. Even for you.
    I suppose it boils to whether you accept the 'entire' Bible as the inspired word of God.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:41
    I suppose it boils to whether you accept the 'entire' Bible as the inspired word of God.
    Ah. dj2pecker's cop-out of choice. Some things never change.

Adios, idiots.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:421 edit
    Dj, are you pre-, mid-, or post-trib or, indeed, Split?

"Theologians remain currently divided over the timing of the Rapture. Their beliefs include:

Pre-Tribulation Rapture: (or "pre-trib"😉 The Rapture happens just before the Tribulation, so that believers will not have to experience any of its disruption and pain. Most conservative Christians currently believe this theory. 12
    Mid-Tribulation Rapture: (or "mid-trib"😉 The Rapture happens about 42 months into the Tribulation. Initially, the rule of the Antichrist is relatively benign. He arranges a peace treaty between Israel and surrounding countries. But three and a half years into his reign as world dictator, events take a sudden turn for the worse.
    Post-tribulation Rapture: (or post-trib"😉 The faithful experience the horrors and killings of the Tribulation. All suffer and many are killed. Believers are then raptured at the end of the 7 years of horror.
    Partial Rapture: some of the faithful are raptured just before the Tribulation; the rest are raptured during or at the end of the Tribulation. 1
    Partial Rapture (a.k.a. Split Rapture): This is a minority belief among conservative Christians. It is a variation of the Pre-trib rapture in which there are two raptures: A pre-trib rapture and resurrection occurs before the tribulation, but only for those born-again Christians who have earned special treatment by having been actively watching, waiting and praying for the rapture.
    Those born-again Christians who have not been doing these "works" will be have to endure at least part of the tribulation. They will be raptured partway through or at the end of the tribulation period. "

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rapture.htm

[sorry about the winking smileys but they seem to fit]
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:43
    Sure it does. i.e. When it occurs with respect to the tribulations prophecized by Revelation, as I've stated.

Does this book have any "truth" in it at all, dj, or would you like to retract your statement?
    I believe that the entire Bible (from Genesis to Revelation) is the inspired word of God. Thus I cannot retract my statement.
  9. Florida
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:45
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    Has anyone read the left behind series from Tim LaHay and Jerry Jenkins?

I have, and to my experience it was really good, infact, I'm reading it a second time now.

How did each of you find the accurateness of the story? Do some of you believe, or dont you?
    I've read the entire series. They are wonderful books! I've met Jerry Jenkins and he is a great man who is a very dedicated Christian.

D
  10. Earth Prime
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:46
    Originally posted by Nicolaas
    well the question is for ppl who actually has read the books.
    Remember, that just because someone calls the books fiction and inaccurate doesn't mean they don't believe in the end-times as written in Revelation. I know Darv likely does not, but just saying that there are many Christians that adamently disagree with the Left Behind books.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:48
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Dj, are you pre-, mid-, or post-trib or, indeed, Split?

"Theologians remain currently divided over the timing of the Rapture. Their beliefs include:

Pre-Tribulation Rapture: (or "pre-trib"😉 The Rapture happens just before the Tribulation, so that believers will not have to experience any of its disruption and pain. Most conservative Christia ...[text shortened]... ugh or at the end of the tribulation period. "

http://www.religioustolerance.org/rapture.htm
    I cannot be sure exactly when the rapture will take place. Not even Jesus knows. God the father is the only One that knows. But I have no doubt in my mind that the 'rapture' as an event will occur. All I know is that I need to be ready when it happens.

Matthew 25:13 - Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:48
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Remember, that just because someone calls the books fiction and inaccurate doesn't mean they don't believe in the end-times as written in Revelation. I know Darv likely does not, but just saying that there are many Christians that adamently disagree with the Left Behind books.
    Why? What do they find objectionable about them?
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:53
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I'm going to start working on acquiring a ready defense against the "truthful" locust-horse-scorpion-human creatures. I figure some military-issue weaponry with automatic firing capacbilities should protect me well against the first wave of the hordes:

Rev. 9:3-11

3 And out of the smoke came forth locusts upon the earth; and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was said unto them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree, but only such men as have not the seal of God on their foreheads.

5 And it was given them that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when it striketh a man.

6 And in those days men shall seek death, and shall in no wise find it; and they shall desire to die, and death fleeth from them.

7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared for war; and upon their heads as it were crowns like unto gold, and their faces were as men's faces.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as teeth of lions.

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots, of many horses rushing to war.

10 And they have tails like unto scorpions, and stings; and in their tails is their power to hurt men five months.

11 They have over them as king the angel of the abyss: his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek tongue he hath the name Apollyon.

Perhaps (God forbid I am hit during a moment of vulnerability) during those five months of agony, I'll take the time to read the series in its entirety. If I can see straight, that is.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 14:56
    LOL. What part of this creature is locust-like, exactly?

Seriously though, were the horse locusts in the books? Did the protagonists have to suffer through the five months of agony?
  15. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    29 Aug '05 15:00
    I'm going to start working on acquiring a ready defense against the "truthful" locust-horse-scorpion-human creatures. I figure some military-issue weaponry with automatic firing capacbilities should protect me well against the first wave of the hordes:

Rev. 9:3-11

3 And out of the smoke came forth locusts upon the earth; and power was given them ...[text shortened]... agony, I'll take the time to read the series in its entirety. If I can see straight, that is.
    Sounds fantastic, I agree. But then the tribulation as prophecied in Revelation won't be something man has seen before... If my interpretation of Revelation is correct, this will be the destruction of the world as we know it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree