Left Behind

Left Behind

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by Coconut
Sorry I don't understand. Either way, the word couldn't have come about by other translations? Even if KJ used the greek to directly translate.
Btw the KJV is a good enough translation to serve in the interim by the American Greek Orthodox Church while they are doing their own translation.

d

Moves
29 Aug 05
2 edits

So what's the final verdict here?

The "Left Behind" books are a fantasatic, accurate depiction of absolute biblical truths that can be used as an effective scare tactic... erm.. I mean "witnessing tool" to keep naive souls like nicolaas and dj2becker fearful of their Loving and Merciful God who plans to drag his creation through the worst agonizing hell imaginable? Something like that? Sounds great!

C

Earth Prime

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by darvlay
So what's the final verdict here?

The "Left Behind" series are a fantasatic, accurate depiction of absolute biblical truths that can be used as an effective scare tactic... erm.. I mean "witnessing tool" to keep naive souls like nicolaas and dj2becker fearful of their Loving and Merciful God who plans to drag his creation through the worst agonizing hell imaginable? Something like that? Sounds great!
The "Left Behind" series is a man-made depiction of the end-times based on what God has told us.

d

Moves
29 Aug 05

The "Left Behind" series [b]is a man-made depiction of the end-times based on what God has told us.[/b]
This is so ridiculous!

When did God tell you he's going to whisk everyone up to Heaven before his Love is unleashed upon the rest of us?

C

Earth Prime

Moves
29 Aug 05

When did God tell you he's going to whisk everyone up to Heaven before his Love is unleashed upon the rest of us?
Like I've already said. There is arguement as to whether Christians must endure the Tribulation or not. We are told that at the sound of the trumpet "The dead in Christ will rise first, then those that are alive and remain will be caught up with him in the clouds."

I'm just saying, if we take the Bible as the Word of God, then the books (or at least the idea behind them if nothing else) are obviously BASED on God's Word in the Bible.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
29 Aug 05

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. What's the biblical name for LSD? Beware the horse-scorpion-human-well attired-beautifully coiffed-lion tooth monsters! If you miss communion and don't have the word "GOD" tattoed on your forehead, you'll be tortured with five months of scorpion stings while you pray for death.

God is Love. lol!!

C

Earth Prime

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by PBE6

God is Love.
He's also forgiving, to those who ask for it, and he's just to those who don't.

d

Moves
29 Aug 05

He's also forgiving, to those who ask for it, and he's just to those who don't.
🙄 You are truly God's chosen, Coconut.

I suppose the billions of Hindus, Buddhists and Catholics will be getting their "just" desserts come trib time as well? What did they ever do to God to have to endure such sadistic and torturous treatment?

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
29 Aug 05

🙄 You are truly God's chosen, Coconut.

I suppose the billions of Hindus, Buddhists and Catholics will be getting their "just" desserts come trib time as well? What did they ever do to God to have to endure such sadistic and torturous treatment?
They didn't get divorced enough.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
29 Aug 05
1 edit

"You will worship no other Gods before me."

There are no two-ways about that statement. If God is the one that made us all, he's the one that made the rules, and the ones who break them are subject to punishment. Of course, we have all broken rules, it's just the difference between believing in grace and accepting it, or not.

and I haven't gotten divorced yet, so don't look at me.

d

Moves
29 Aug 05

"You will worship no other Gods before me."

There are no two-ways about that statement. If God is the one that made us all, he's the one that made the rules, and the ones who break them are subject to punishment. Of course, we have all broken rules, it's just the difference between believing in grace and accepting it, or not.

and I haven't gotten divorced yet, so don't look at me.
In the same set of pre-historic tenets:

"Thou shalt honour thy Father and Mother"

What if my Father is a crack-addicted Satan-worshipping mass murderer? Do I still have to "honour" him? Of course, no two ways about that statement.

For future reference, when discussing any biblical interpretations, there are usually more than several ways about every statement.

But before I tangent too much, the point related to my previous statements is that these books are nothing more than fundamental Christian scare tactics used to promote their twisted version of scripture to a generation of numbskulled naifs. Just like "Thief in the Night" was in the '70s and "Years of the Beast" was in the '80s. The Christian Revenge Fantasy will never die! Christian eschatology as re-written and popularized in the last hundred years does not reflect the true nature of any loving or just God. It's sadism and it's fantasy.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
29 Aug 05

Well if I ever get to see the author, I will ask him if it was supposed to convert people. Honestly I think it was written to interest and entertain Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by frogstomp
Ok, Ok, Im stumped ..How can stories about " the rapture" be a biblical truth when "rapture " ain't once mentioned in the bible?
Never mind, already answered.

P
Bananarama

False berry

Moves
29 Aug 05

I for one can't wait for the rapture. dj2becker, nicolaas and Pat Robertson will all be long gone, eating Philly Cream Cheese and p*ssing Holy Water, while the easy girls with syphilis and the boozers have a big "compare scorpion stings" party. Sweet! Thanks goodness I play a doctor on TV.

N

Moves
29 Aug 05

Originally posted by PBE6
I for one can't wait for the rapture. dj2becker, nicolaas and Pat Robertson will all be long gone, eating Philly Cream Cheese and p*ssing Holy Water, while the easy girls with syphilis and the boozers have a big "compare scorpion stings" party. Sweet! Thanks goodness I play a doctor on TV.
Yeah u r right, when the rapture takes place, everyone left behind, like urself will have a great big party 😛

Anyway, i have read each and everything in here. It is very interresting to know how many has and has not read the books, but more interresting is how many of u understand the Bibel.

Yes some believe, some dont. Some want to believe and some is to scared to believe in something beautiful. Almost everybody askes is it true? Does God exist and will all this pain come across our lives if we dont follow Him?

At the end of the day, we will all see what really is the truth. No one on this earth can make u believe. Believing comes from your heart.

Each of us has our own free will, and we damn can do what ever we want to, when we want to, like we want to etc etc.

Some weird comments in here made me smile 🙂

Even though some of you dont believe in God or in a god, I will still play a round of chess with u, just remember, God is on my side 😉

I just have one question though:
What will make you believe in Jesus Christ, and if that "What" happens, will you ever tell other people what you did believe to what you now believe?