1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:11
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Scepticism runs high in the mind of Joe Beyser. Amnesty wont do either. I am interested in this for reasons other than spirituality. It seems we are somewhat cutoff from the Russian point of view and it would be interesting to me as to why. Totalitarianism was a word I chose for Russia not the jw s. But now that you mention it....🙂
    i thought that it might be but did not want to hedge any bets as they say, but why is Amnesty also not acceptable, are they not secular and impartial?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i thought that it might be but did not want to hedge any bets as they say, but why is Amnesty also not acceptable, are they not secular and impartial?
    I would like to hear from the Russian people themselves. I have an idea that the Ruskies are a good bunch just like everyone else. Is thier government corrupt as we have been told? Is the Russian government using propaganda as the western governments have? What is the truth about what goes on there? We do know JW s have been wrongfully persecuted in the past. I am just wondering if it still goes on there? What would they gain by persecution of JW s.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:32
    I would like to hear from the Russian people themselves. I have an idea that the Ruskies are a good bunch just like everyone else. Is thier government corrupt as we have been told? Is the Russian government using propaganda as the western governments have? What is the truth about what goes on there? We do know JW s have been wrongfully persecuted in the past. I am just wondering if it still goes on there? What would they gain by persecution of JW s.
    The Russian orthodox church is quite strong and wealthy, they have many rich patrons in Russia. I myself have met one or two Russians and have a friend there who has published a book on his experiences in Russia. The Russian people themselves are amazing, but people are people and prejudice exists. What does anyone gain from persecution?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 21:321 edit
    What have the Russians gained by all the things they've done to even their own people over the decades? Can you say CONTROL????? Lol. Strange question...
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 01:06
    The Russian orthodox church is quite strong and wealthy, they have many rich patrons in Russia. I myself have met one or two Russians and have a friend there who has published a book on his experiences in Russia. The Russian people themselves are amazing, but people are people and prejudice exists. What does anyone gain from persecution?
    What do you lose from persecution? Doing - not doing - none of it matters. It could be that god will reward the persecutors - it could be that those who do nothing in the face of the greatest atrocities will be rewarded the most. Would you sign a petition to stop it? Would you rejoice if others did the work for you while you sat on your haunches laughing at their misguided effort? It could be that persecution is god's way of getting the lazy and stupid to finally do something positive. It could be that nothing short of that will remove their smug expressions. Nah, let 'em burn - some day it'll all be sorted out.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 02:332 edits
    They say that persecution brings out the best in those being persecuted. I don't want to see any group including JW's be persecuted thats not cool. whether I agree with them or not they still have the right to exist and do their thing. I drive past the Kingdom hall sometimes when coming home from work man that place is packed. 🙂

Manny
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 02:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What have the Russians gained by all the things they've done to even their own people over the decades? Can you say CONTROL????? Lol. Strange question...
    One of their internet news sources makes one think that they have had problems in the past but they are now over it. Just curious as to whether or not this was bs.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 02:40
    Originally posted by menace71
    They say that persecution brings out the best in those being persecuted. I don't want to see any group including JW's be persecuted thats not cool. whether I agree with them or not they still have the right to exist and do their thing. I drive past the Kingdom hall sometimes when coming home from work man that place is packed. 🙂

Manny
    I think you should take out 1 hour out your life..only 1 hour and go to their Sunday public meeting. What could 1 hour of your life hurt????? I think..no I know, you'll be very impressed!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 02:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm looking forward to [generilissimo's] justification of that statement.
    There is no justification. But there is perhaps a reason. generilissimo has indicated on several occasions that he is on drugs when posting at RHP. Added to which, it is apparent that he does not use drugs for positive, reflective, life-affirming reasons but is one of these kids who sees taking drugs as a licence to be silly and contrary. He sees himself as a bad ass. You are playing his game - and probably being "far out" for him - by taking him seriously. His parents are taking him back to Brazil soon, he told us at Debates not so long ago.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 02:47
    I think you should take out 1 hour out your life..only 1 hour and go to their Sunday public meeting. What could 1 hour of your life hurt????? I think..no I know, you'll be very impressed!!!!!!!!!!
    Honestly I'm sure I would be impressed with their organization and all. Their dedication to what they believe for sure. Do JW's do something on Fridays? meeting? Last Friday it was packed. A lot of cars and people.

Manny
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 10:23
    lol, i am a human being, it is enough Joseph, i dont believe Jesus is the incarnation primarily because i do not think that it is Biblical nor can it be established Biblically, nor have i ever believed it even when i was into occultism.
    One of these days we should debate this issue. Do you think?
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 11:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no justification. But there is perhaps a reason. generilissimo has indicated on several occasions that he is on drugs when posting at RHP. Added to which, it is apparent that he does not use drugs for positive, reflective, life-affirming reasons but is one of these kids who sees taking drugs as a licence to be silly and contrary. He sees himself as a b ...[text shortened]... iously. His parents are taking him back to Brazil soon, he told us at Debates not so long ago.
    General!!!! Is that true???
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 12:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    Honestly I'm sure I would be impressed with their organization and all. Their dedication to what they believe for sure. Do JW's do something on Fridays? meeting? Last Friday it was packed. A lot of cars and people.

Manny
    fridays, mmm, not that i know of, could have been some kind of meeting.

My friend from Glasgow went to a convention in San Diego, there were forty eight thousand people present. every one of the oversees delegates were received hospitably at the home of some witness family for three days. She has been a JW all her life and is now in her late fifties, she stated that she has never experienced hospitality like that in her life and is a tribute to your country my friend, really. there were delegates from Mexico with sombreros and the Mexican national costume and even some cowboys from Texas! i am not sure if it was our friend Galveston or not 😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 13:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    One of these days we should debate this issue. Do you think?
    Lol, Jo Jo , no please, i am still suffering from engaging Deucer and Manny.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 13:01
    i also think that he should, he would be welcomed with open arms like the prodigal son that he is!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree