1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:10
    Originally posted by menace71
    My only complaint right now is the JW's come to my door when I'm watching Gladiator or some good movie 🙂

I like to hear what they did? I think we have all heard crazy stories of cults doing whacky or sinister things but I've never heard of this from the JW's.

Manny
    we keep it carefully hidden in the torture dungeons underneath a veneer of the Kingdom Hall, all respectable and garnished with flowers.
  2. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no justification. But there is perhaps a reason. generilissimo has indicated on several occasions that he is on drugs when posting at RHP. Added to which, it is apparent that he does not use drugs for positive, reflective, life-affirming reasons but is one of these kids who sees taking drugs as a licence to be silly and contrary. He sees himself as a b ...[text shortened]... iously. His parents are taking him back to Brazil soon, he told us at Debates not so long ago.
    you continue to amuse me with your jokes.

generilissimo has indicated on several occasions that he is on drugs when posting at RHP.

not all the time.

Added to which, it is apparent that he does not use drugs for positive, reflective, life-affirming reasons but is one of these kids who sees taking drugs as a licence to be silly and contrary

LOL, when I thought you couldn't be any more pathetic.
    tell me, do you know me personally? do you know the reasons why I do what I do? do you know if im a kid?
    no, so don't go around spreading lies, I know thats your favorite hobby, and I know you can't help being a compulsive lier, but at least make an effort.

He sees himself as a bad ass.

hilarious.

His parents are taking him back to Brazil soon, he told us at Debates not so long ago.

LOL, any chance of you having evidence to back this up? nope, didn't think so.
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its a predisposition towards prejudice, based on some seemingly rational grounds, but more likely ignorance Jack. for example where i live there is the protestant and catholic bigotry, has been for hundreds of years. Its not a celebration of differences, but something quite sinister. We have a moral duty to expose and condemn such, for the generations to come, for we are individuals, in our own right.
    But we don't have to actually do anything about it - do we? Like the problems we face as a species on this planet -we can just sit on our backsides and let the good lord take care of it. Can't really do anything about it. If the screams get too loud or your grandchildren can't breathe there is always pillows to bury your head in or gas-masks to filter the air. Why care about a few JWs when we can't care about the future of all the children on the planet. Wouldn't want to advocate any ideas from scottish rites - would we?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:18
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    But we don't have to actually do anything about it - do we? Like the problems we face as a species on this planet -we can just sit on our backsides and let the good lord take care of it. Can't really do anything about it. If the screams get too loud or your grandchildren can't breathe there is always pillows to bury your head in or gas-masks to filter ...[text shortened]... children on the planet. Wouldn't want to advocate any ideas from scottish rites - would we?
    That is a different issue Jack, either we are prepared to condemn prejudice or we are not, if we are not, then the events of the past have taught us nothing!
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:31
    are you denying the fact?????

what did they do, tie you up and sadistically torture you with long spoken biblical renderings of biblical genealogies from the mosaic law?
    that wasn't a fact, it was merely Reductio ad hitlerum.

as for my experiences with JWs, I found them very nice, especially when they kept coming to my door talking crap despite the fact that I had made it very clear I wanted no further visits, also there was that time when the guy kept shouting I was going to hell for not opening my eyes to the "truth", but I think he was just being nice.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:37
    we keep it carefully hidden in the torture dungeons underneath a veneer of the Kingdom Hall, all respectable and garnished with flowers.
    See I knew it! 😉

Manny
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo

as for my experiences with JWs, I found them very nice, especially when they kept coming to my door talking crap despite the fact that I had made it very clear I wanted no further visits, also there was that time when the guy kept shouting I was going to hell for not opening my eyes to the "truth", but I think he was just being nice.
    actually Jehovah witnesses dont believe in hell, so either you had better concoct a different fantasy or stay off the drugs, also from this point on if i was you, i would take the fifth, for in each and every statement you make, you incriminate yourself even further, and the hole gets deeper and deeper as your ignorance becomes ever more apparent, capiche?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:40
    Originally posted by menace71
    See I knew it! 😉

Manny
    thats what all those cars were doing on your street Friday night, they sing Kingdom songs to drown out the cries of the tortured victims, like the scene on that Clint Eastwood movie, the good the bad and the ugly 🙂
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:42
    actually Jehovah witnesses dont believe in hell, so either you had better concoct a different fantasy or stay off the drugs, also from this point on if i was you, i would take the fifth, for in each and every statement you make, you incriminate yourself even further, and the hole gets deeper and deeper as your ignorance becomes ever more apparent, capiche?
    that is no fantasy, I was told I was going to hell.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:431 edit

and this vindicates [lift from op]entire families were shipped off to the work camps in Siberia because they would not renounce their faith, many were subject to 're-education program, especially children', worship was stigmatised, the organisation infiltrated with KGB agents and informers and those found guilty of association were imprisoned or exiled. [/lift from op]??? 😕

This is a position of complete astonishment even from someone who is strongly averse to religion in it's many guises 😲
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:46
    that is no fantasy, I was told I was going to hell.
    haha, well they were not Jehovahs witnesses, for they have not professed belief in hell since their inception in 1879.
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:50
    haha, well they were not Jehovahs witnesses, for they have not professed belief in hell since their inception in 1879.
    well, they came in suits, carrying bibles, and claiming they wanted to save me, I assumed they were JWs.
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 17:55
    My experience is different. I went out to a place called La Bou they sell decent croissants and baked goods and coffee there mostly in Nor Cal. This JW & I met there several times as this was close to my home. We would just argue however. So I think he gave up. He was a very nice & decent fellow though. I think I had questions which he could not answer but wrote these down for his elders maybe? He was willing to go out in public place and that was very decent of him. He never said anything about hell as far as I remember.

Manny
  14. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 18:00
    That is a different issue Jack, either we are prepared to condemn prejudice or we are not, if we are not, then the events of the past have taught us nothing!
    Why condemn it? Isn't that doing something? Why should I care that JWs are being persecuted? Why would even lift my finger to sign a petition let alone engage my vocal chords (or my fingers) to condemn it? It will all work out in the end - won't it? What can the past possibly teach me? Doesn't the bible answer every question? What could I possibly learn today (or yesterday) that would be worth me incorporating it into my world view? I think those issues are extremely germane to this discussion - if there is no point in me doing anything to prevent suffering then why should I care about russian JWs? If god doesn't want them to be persecuted then he should do something about it. Why ask me?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 18:04
    well, they came in suits, carrying bibles, and claiming they wanted to save me, I assumed they were JWs.
    maybe you misheard them, perhaps they were shouting, 'wow that was a really cool door bell, or 'were not here to sell', 'or the flowers in your garden look lovely and really smell'

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree