1. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 01:20
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Zombies have always been a problem and they're difficult to bury if you don't want to be bitten. I think that's the true meaning.
    Yes spiritual zombies, I agree.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 01:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But Jesus told him, "Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God."
    Do you think it means that Jehovah's Witnesses (who go and preach about the Kingdom of God), when their relatives pass away, should hand over the task of burying them to non-Jehovah's Witnesses (the spiritually dead)?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 01:521 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think it means that Jehovah's Witnesses (who go and preach about the Kingdom of God), when their relatives pass away, should hand over the task of burying them to non-Jehovah's Witnesses (the spiritually dead)?
    I think this verse is applicable to most of your content,

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments - 2 Tim 2:33
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 01:56
    I think this verse is applicable to most of your content,

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments - 2 Tim 2:33
    The previous verse says: "He said to another man, "Follow me." But he replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." Then Jesus replied: "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." So did the man with the dead father go and bury him or did he leave it to "spiritually dead" people to bury him?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 01:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    The previous verse says: [b]"He said to another man, "Follow me." But he replied, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father." Then Jesus replied: "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God." So did the man with the dead father go and bury him or did he leave it to "spiritually dead" people to bury him?[/b]
    yawn
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 02:01
    yawn
    If the man chose to follow Jesus after hearing His exhortation, who buried his father?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 05:08
    what I have actually said and its worth noting here this attempt of yours to portray elements that have not been explicitly expressed by me is that if you are not proclaiming the Kingdom of God you are spiritually dead. If what you have stated is what 'proclaiming the Kingdom of God', means to you then so be it, but I have not said it and I resent your attempt to misconstrue what I actually have stated.
    OK let's see how this thread pans out then. If during it you fully concede that the Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only religious group proclaiming the Kingdom of God and that there are other Christian Churches or individuals who you have observed doing so with equally efficacy, then I shall write you a public apology.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 05:22
    what I have actually said and its worth noting here this attempt of yours to portray elements that have not been explicitly expressed by me is that if you are not proclaiming the Kingdom of God you are spiritually dead. If what you have stated is what 'proclaiming the Kingdom of God', means to you then so be it, but I have not said it and I resent your attempt to misconstrue what I actually have stated.
    When you say: "Proclaiming the Kingdom of God." what exactly do you mean? What actions, and in 21st Century language please, does one have to carry out in order to proclaim the Kingdom of God. The reason I ask is that the dictionary definition of proclaim means officially announce. And frankly that seems like an odd thing to do unless it's part of a plan to try to obtain converts. But suppose you actually managed to convert everyone in the world to your version of Christianity, would there be any point in proclaiming God's Kingdom if everyone had already signed up to it? Your line that anyone not proclaiming the Kingdom of God is spiritually dead seems problematic if it makes total religious success into a failure.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 05:41
    I don't see how it can be read any other way.
    Then you just arn't trying. I think it means whatever a read wants it to mean.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 08:44
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    When you say: "Proclaiming the Kingdom of God." what exactly do you mean? What actions, and in 21st Century language please, does one have to carry out in order to proclaim the Kingdom of God. The reason I ask is that the dictionary definition of proclaim means officially announce. And frankly that seems like an odd thing to do unless it's part of a ...[text shortened]... of God is spiritually dead seems problematic if it makes total religious success into a failure.
    I suspect that proclaiming the kingdom of God means to evangelize. It seems fairly clear from the scriptures that have been cited that it was an admonishment to go to towns and villages and preach and teach about Gods Kingdom. I don't see how it can be interpreted in any other way. Also there is no possibility that the entire world will be as you put it, 'converted', infact the Bible itself makes it clear that those who respond to the proclamation of Gods Kingdom would be relatively few.

New International Version
    But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matt 7:14
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 09:361 edit
    New International Version
    But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. - Matt 7:14
    What is the gate, in this scriptural metaphor?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 10:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What is the gate, it this scriptural metaphor?
    Surely you're not actually asking him what a portion of the Sermon on the Mount means?

Don't you know?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 10:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Surely you're not actually asking him what a portion of the Sermon on the Mount means?

Don't you know?
    Of course I know!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 10:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What is the gate, in this scriptural metaphor?
    The gate? I have never really thought about it. Surely it portends a way in to something?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 10:23
    The gate? I have never really thought about it. Surely it portends a way in to something?
    Interesting; you've ver really thought about it and yet you still thought it relevant to use to support your argument here?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree