1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 01:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am surprised that you think you can help anyone in this regard. Do you see yourself as a highly regarded member of this online community?
    Here is a non-loaded question for you:

Do you think that your posting on this Spirituality Forum forms a part of the "proclaiming Gods Kingdom" that you do?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 09:043 edits
    I am surprised that you think you can help anyone in this regard. Do you see yourself as a highly regarded member of this online community?
    Not particularly, but then neither do I see myself as a member of a group who think they are the sole voice of god's truth on earth. Neither do I present myself here as a "minister of the most high God". Neither do I defend a position whereby no other Christian group is a perfect as the one I belong to, nor proclaims the gospel as well as we do. You are a member of a cult, which is why you think this way. Besides, DeepThought has your pin-holed perspective perfectly nailed in his post near the foot of the previous page.

originally posted by DeepThought
    My overall purpose is to demonstrate that your notion of spiritual life is hopelessly narrow. I accuse you of thinking that "knocking on doors" is a proxy for spiritual life.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 09:091 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Robbie, if you take that kind of line I'll dig out the thread where you demonstrated your inability with logic. It'll take a while but I remember the discussion distinctly.

With regard to this thread, you failed to understand my argument. By rendered dead I meant that your designated symptom of spiritual death is failure to proclaim the Kingdom of G ...[text shortened]... . I think you are deceiving yourself if you think evangelism is identifiable with spiritualism.
    Ok i will ignore your threat to retrospectively drag some element up from the past in order to discredit me as it has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

Here is what has transpired, please follow the logic.

I ask a question based on a Biblical verse. That question being, 'what does this mean and what implications does this have for Christians'. This sets up immediate parameters, the class of Christians. I then draw inferences from the answers that I receive and form a hypothesis and ask for it to be tested following the scientific method of which I am particularly fond. The answers that I receive fail to refute my assertion and it confirms my hypothesis.

Now let me ask you do you think that its logical to expect the same result from a declared expression if it is applied to a different class with entirely different dynamics? Do you think that its intellectually honest to take a declared expression which was formed from a specific set of parameters made with reference to a specific class and treat it as if its a universal expression, applicable to all classes under all circumstances? because it appears to me thats exactly what you are doing.
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 23:07
    Ok i will ignore your threat to retrospectively drag some element up from the past in order to discredit me as it has nothing to do with what we are discussing here.

I ask a question based on a Biblical verse. That question being, 'what does this mean and what implications does this have fo ...[text shortened]... all classes under all circumstances? because it appears to me thats exactly what you are doing.
    robbie you are digging a hole for yourself if you pardon the pun.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '15 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by Captain Strange
    robbie you are digging a hole for yourself if you pardon the pun.
    Yes and you are a word war one flying ace and a submarine commander. Please don't offer me any more advice you have nothing of any value to impart to me.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 00:38

I ask a question based on a Biblical verse. That question being, 'what does this mean and what implications does this have fo ...[text shortened]... all classes under all circumstances? because it appears to me thats exactly what you are doing.
    Instead of this why do you not try to give an account of what you think a spiritual life is and why it requires PTKGing?
  7. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 11:52
    Yes and you are a word war one flying ace and a submarine commander. Please don't offer me any more advice you have nothing of any value to impart to me.
    robbie your avatar is apt because when you are challenged you start flapping like an old budgie.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '15 13:17
    Luke 9:60 seems to me to be Jesus helping the man to see the real situation. Naturally we humans feel sorry for those who have died and want to honor them often with the closure of a good burial.

The words of Jesus "Let the dead bury their own dead" were intended to convey the real situation of the world. Not only should we be sympathetic to those who physically died, we must realize that without Christ we are in death already.

The Christless life is "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18).

"This therefore I say and testify in the Lord, that you no longer walk as the Gentiles also walk in the vanity of their mind.

Being darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance which is in them, because of the hardness of their heart." (Eph. 4:17.18)

Apart from Christ we are estranged from "the life that is life indeed" which the Christian is exhorted to lay hold of (1 Tim/ 619) . Christ is the life of God (John 1:4) because Christ is Jehovah God become a man to be our life as "the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 8:2)

The proclaiming of the kingdom of God is living in the kingdom and proclaiming Jesus is both the King of the kingdom and the life of God.

Without being born of God we cannot even see the kingdom of God.

"Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

If one just proclaims a kind of outward government of the Old Testament God without receiving Christ into to them for a new birth they really do not see the kingdom of God. For what they see is only outside of them as a administration bossing people around outwardly like a strong government.

John emphasizes the end of the alienation from the life of God by the Spirit imparting this divine life into people as a new birth - regeneration.

Before His resurrection to proclaim the kingdom of God was primarily proclaiming the need for repentance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree