Lets get this straight.

Lets get this straight.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W

Moves
01 Jul 08

Originally posted by forkedknight
[b]OK, so you just proved there was no flood, there is no God, there are no miracles, there is no Hell, no Heaven, and no life after death....

How are you going to treat people differently because of that? How does your conscience affect you? How are you generous to those that have less than you do?

How do the scientific/historical "facts" affect ...[text shortened]... he scientific/historical "facts" affect the message that the bible is trying to convey?
How are you going to treat people differently because of that? How does your conscience affect you? How are you generous to those that have less than you do?

W

Moves
01 Jul 08

..and as replied by psycho pawn..

I don't treat people well because of belief in god.
My conscience is just as present now as it was when I did believe in god.
I'm as generous now as I ever have been - even more. I could be more generous, I know, but I have flaws just like everyone else.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
I didn't see it as sexual harrassment. He made a statement about it being her fault that he was aroused. Could this not be argued as being theolgoically congruent with Eve causing all the problems for men?
You know you're minimising it don't you? Are you in denial?

You know as well as I do that WWindblown's comment was wrong. No excuses.

W

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by josephw
You know you're minimising it don't you? Are you in denial?

You know as well as I do that WWindblown's comment was wrong. No excuses.
But her answer to the topic, where like you she was failing, was to say I am blinded by lust. THAT is sexual harrassment. YOU shouldnt be treat people like that.

p

SEMO

Moves
02 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Men of the Lord dont get WHAT ?

David and Solomon?
Hundreds of wives each?
All provided by .. guess who ... the same Lord !!

I will give you 3 guesses what David and Solomon did with their hundreds of wives every night ... and it aint pussyfootsie.
You are talking about before they were comanded to have one wife. It wasn't untill the NT that they were comanded to have one wife.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by josephw
Shame on you, and anyone else in this forum for not being man enough to defend a woman against a pig.

Would you allow another man to speak to your wife that way? If you would, then you're no better than WWindjam.
You people are all overreacting. The guy said she is making him horny and they were simply arguing over the internet without seeing each other. Whats the big deal ?

This is the reason why the public shy away from religious people .. because they dont have a well developed sense of humour and not exposed to the real world.

Everybody go take a good strong drink and relax.

f
Defend the Universe

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by WWindmill

I'm as generous now as I ever have been - even more. I could be more generous, I know, but I have flaws just like everyone else.
Thank you for taking those two seconds to respond.

W

Moves
02 Jul 08

.. and you also shouldnt call a man a pig because you are unable to answer to what I put in front of your nose.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jul 08

"I'm as generous now as I ever have been - even more."

Prove it! You owe someone here an apology.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by pritybetta
You are talking about before they were comanded to have one wife. It wasn't untill the NT that they were comanded to have one wife.
Really ? Can you point out anywhere in the Bible that commands anyone (apart from priests and deacons) to have one wife?

f
Defend the Universe

Moves
02 Jul 08

Thou shalt not commit adultery. That was the NT?

Moves
02 Jul 08

That don't suprise me, I know of a lot who have theological educations and are so called "ordained ministers" that have little to no understanding of the Bible.
Well, I'm an ordained minister also, have been for 12 years. From what I've read of your posts it is you that have a myopic understanding of the Bible and it doesn't appear to be grounded in any sort of theological training to me, either. Just because you say the words won't make it so.

W

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by forkedknight
Thank you for taking those two seconds to respond.
..well hey buddy Im getting sued here for sexual harrasment. Give it a minute.

p

SEMO

Moves
02 Jul 08

I dont like women treating me that way.. and I dont like idiots who say that something is truth through their own blindness and ignorance of what was clearly put in front of them.
Hmm, must be talking about yourself here.

And what way was I treating you?

f
Defend the Universe

Moves
02 Jul 08

Originally posted by Badwater
Well, I'm an ordained minister also, have been for 12 years. From what I've read of your posts it is you that have a myopic understanding of the Bible and it doesn't appear to be grounded in any sort of theological training to me, either. Just because you say the words won't make it so.
haha, 'myopic': that's fancy jargon for 'short-sighted'

now use "rendezvous" as an insult 🙂