Leviticus evil?

Leviticus evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
Lol, my beliefs are irrelavent when it comes to their beliefs.

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it is for two self proclaimed non Christians to discuss what the Bible means. It means to them a bunch of made up crap.
Nice dodge. The two links I provided demonstrate YOUR behaviour when YOU are discussing YOUR views on Christian beliefs on this forum. It is YOU who is being ridiculous. You cannot sidestep this by wittering on about how you find other people to be ridiculous. The two links show you in action. The two links show you discussing the Christian faith.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
I am not pitting anyone against anybody.

Just your opinion anout God's instruction, do you believe it is evil?
"It's a trap!"

I'll pass on this one.

Sorry for suggesting that you might also be @divegeester.

Admittedly it's a little far-fetched to think someone would go to the trouble of maintaining two different chess graphs at different levels, although it probably could be done.

E

Moves
31 May 20

@caesar-salad said
"It's a trap!"

I'll pass on this one.

Sorry for suggesting that you might also be @divegeester.

Admittedly it's a little far-fetched to think someone would go to the trouble of maintaining two different chess graphs at different levels, although it probably could be done.
Expressing an opinion is a trap?

Well maybe if you are a good liberal and want to claim to be a Christian.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
Leviticus instructed the Jews to execute homosexuals. Was this instruction evil?
To answer your OP:

I'm sure they had their reasons at the time, e.g., to make sure their tribes increased, and also to set themselves apart mores-wise from other people in the area.

Whether the instruction was evil at the time probably depends on one's point of view. However, it is not in alignment with the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill" purported also to come from the same Jewish God.

E

Moves
31 May 20

@caesar-salad said
To answer your OP:

I'm sure they had their reasons at the time, e.g., to make sure their tribes increased, and also to set themselves apart mores-wise from other people in the area.

Whether the instruction was evil at the time probably depends on one's point of view. However, it is not in alignment with the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Kill" purported also to come from the same Jewish God.
The instruction was from God.

Leviticus 20

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites....

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
The instruction was from God.

Leviticus 20

The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites....

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
So, are you saying that the God of the Jews contradicted Himself?

I reject the premise that the instruction was from God. That's an unprovable assertion.

Further, when two guys "lie" with one another, they both lie with another guy as with another guy, not as with a woman.

Also, "they shall surely be put to death" by whom? Perhaps God meant that He would take care of it, not that people should kill other people.

Moves
31 May 20

@caesar-salad said
Get in there caesar salad, good effort.

👍🏻

E

Moves
31 May 20

@caesar-salad said

I reject the premise that the instruction was from God. That's an unprovable assertion.

Further, when two guys "lie" with one another, they both lie with another guy as with another guy, not as with a woman.

Also, "they shall surely be put to death" by whom? Perhaps God meant that He would take care of it, not that people should kill other people.
Not at all. I am saying God gave the instruction, was it evil?

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
Not at all. I am saying God gave the instruction, was it evil?
I'm not going to repeat myself. I have already addressed those items on this very page.

E

Moves
31 May 20

@caesar-salad said
I'm not going to repeat myself. I have already addressed those items on this very page.
Ok, you will not answer a simple yes or no question, got it.

You are not alone, Suzi will not answer the question either. Funny how some people cannot answer questions.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said

You are not alone, Suzi will not answer the question either. Funny how some people cannot answer questions.
I’ve got a line of questions you are refusing to answer.

Hypocrite.

E

Moves
31 May 20

@divegeester said
I’ve got a line of questions you are refusing to answer.

Hypocrite.
Lol, if I respond to a yes or no question, I will give a yes or no.

You are a jerk, or simply not very bright, so you do not make that distinction.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said

Is there a reason all your questions are simple?

E

Moves
31 May 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Is there a reason all your questions are simple?
So that everyone can respond to the same question and not be as easily distracted from the topic.

Moves
31 May 20

@eladar said
So that everyone can respond to the same question and not be as easily distracted from the topic.
And you're absolutely sure it is not because your brain can only copple together questions of a simple disposition?