1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 May '20 18:44
    Jesus is the one who pointed this out and I am sure many reacted to him as you react to me.

How could it be any different?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 May '20 18:52
    @eladar said
    Jesus is the one who pointed this out and I am sure many reacted to him as you react to me.

Are you comparing yourself to Jesus now?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 May '20 00:33
    @eladar said
    @FMF

It is in the Bible. I have a spirit that allows me to see. If I am wrong then I will go to hell like most people.
    The spirit in question being Jack Daniel's?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '20 00:51
    @deepthought said
    To the blind perhaps it appears that way.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '20 01:21
    @eladar said
    Lol you certainly have a chip on your ahoulder.
    If I were jealous of you or felt intellectually overshadowed by you, for instance, and demonstrated it in how I interacted with you, then you might have a point if you claim I have a chip on my shoulder with regard to you. But saying I have a chip on my shoulder is a non-sequitur if offered in answer to this question:

"Does "the spirit" in you tell you that the Sermon On The Mount creates any moral obligations for you?"
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '20 01:40
    @eladar said
    To the blind perhaps it appears that way.
    Based on a lot of your posting, it's only reasonable for decent thoughtful sober posters to assume that you are a drunkard. DeepThought is merely offering a bit of levity by speculating about what brand of "spirit" it is you consume.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 May '20 06:13
    @eladar said
    Do you think you are being persecuted like Jesus was because of your beliefs?
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    29 May '20 01:27
    @divegeester said
    If he said yes, would you offer kindness or needling or mockery?
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    29 May '20 02:07
    @deepthought said
    Reminds me I should get me some Jack for a bit of hoodoo at the crossroads next full moon.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    29 May '20 02:403 edits
    @divegeester said
    In my understanding of the Christian religion, after the willing baptism by the Holy Spirit (psycho-monkey control threats or not, one has to agree, by one's own free will, to let the Son shine in or to relax into the Creator), one becomes immersed in and gradually suffused by The Christ, so it is quite possible for one to become persecuted not so much for particular beliefs (although some might see it that way) as for a viewpoint which is not congruent with the transitory and parochial beliefs of the time and local culture(s).
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 08:55
    @caesar-salad said
    If he said yes, would you offer kindness or needling or mockery?
    Oh needling mockery, 100%.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 08:55
    @caesar-salad said
    Reminds me I should get me some Jack for a bit of hoodoo at the crossroads next full moon.
    Neat, rocks or mixed?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '20 08:56
    @caesar-salad said
    In my understanding of the Christian religion, after the willing baptism by the Holy Spirit (psycho-monkey control threats or not, one has to agree, by one's own free will, to let the Son shine in or to relax into the Creator), one becomes immersed in and gradually suffused by The Christ, so it is quite possible for one to become persecuted not so much for particular bel ...[text shortened]... t which is not congruent with the transitory and parochial beliefs of the time and local culture(s).
    Say what..?
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 May '20 23:47
    @divegeester said
    Neat, rocks or mixed?
    Mixed, of course, with a little graveyard dirt, some mistletoe, and a blackbird feather as a garnish.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 May '20 02:33
    @eladar said

Perhaps I have misunderstood the New Testament, but I thought Jesus was trying to lead people out of fear and self-concern.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree