Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
god hates passive aggression. everybody knows that (oops, more advice from an atheitst on how to be a christian).
In the other thread Rob's telling us how humble and self-effacing he is. 😞

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
god hates passive aggression. everybody knows that (oops, more advice from an atheitst on how to be a christian).
no worries, obviously you da man for the unsolicited advice on how to be a Christian, thanks again.

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no worries, obviously you da man for the unsolicited advice on how to be a Christian, thanks again.
Do you feel "singled out" and "hated" by stellspalfie?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Do you feel "singled out" and "hated" by stellspalfie?
not particularly, do you feel "singled out" and "hated" by stellspalfie?

F

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
not particularly, do you feel "singled out" and "hated" by stellspalfie?
stellspalfie doesn't "hate" me and nor does stellspalfie "hate" you. Proper Knob doesn't "hate" you, RJHinds doesn't "hate" you, divegeester doesn't "hate" you, ThinkofOne doesn't "hate" you, avalanchethecat doesn't "hate" you, Agerg doesn't "hate" you, I don't "hate" you. And so on. What are you on about when you talk about "hatred"? Who are you referring to?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 13

I'm getting more interested in Christianity ...

I hope this means that you believe that Jesus Christ is risen, is alive, and is available to be known today. For that is the New Testament's message.

Though we cannot see Him, He is available to actually come to us and blend Himself with our personality. This is a supernatural matter.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45) means that in His resurrection state He has also transformed Himself into a form in which He can "give divine life" - - give the Person of the uncreated Divine Being into you. We can know Christ Himself as a God giving divine life dispensing Holy Spirit.

In one sense it is Christ giving divine and eternal life into man's being.
In another sense it is Christ and His Father coming to make an abode with those who love Him. This passage proves that:

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

If we are interested in Christ, we should open up our whole being wide to God and invite Christ to come and make an abode within us. We simply give Him the permission to perform His will - that is to come with the Father as the Divien "We" - as the Holy Spirit, and make an abode with us, living in us.

Then we have no confidence in what we can muster up to do unto God or for God. We trust that our oneness with Christ energizes us to live unto God.

This is like power steering on an automobile. Some cooperation with His indwelling presence and trust that ONLY CHRIST is absolute for the will of His Father, empowers us to live unto God. That is actually live out God. That is actually let Christ live through us.

The Christian's confidence is not in himself. His confidence is in being joined to Christ and mingled with Christ.

This life is not self improvement or self refinement. This is believing that we were crucified with Christ, buried with Christ, made alive with Christ, and raised with Christ and ascended with Christ.

Christ then is our very history. We completely identify with all that He is and all that He has done. And we live a mingled life in union with His indwelling Spirit.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
Are you saying most people you know do not have the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong? I can't say that because it simply isn't true about most people I konw and have known. I am more positive about people because of my experience, and what I see around me, and who I know. What percentage of mankind would you reckon does not have the ability to tell the difference between right and wrong?
Lets see. Oh yeah I found my charts. It says 63.1925741258 % don't know right from wrong....

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Lets see. Oh yeah I found my charts. It says 63.1925741258 % don't know right from wrong....
It's a serious question. What proportion - approximately - of the people you know do not know the difference between right and wrong? Is it less than 5%? Between 5 and 10%? Or is it as much as 15%? Why don't you say? I don't think you can substantiate your misanthropic generalizations about "man".

I would say that, in my adult life, the number of family, friends, colleagues, neighbours who might credibly be described as not knowing the difference between right or wrong is well below 5%. A small number; 1 or 2 in a hundred. I imagine it's about the same for you. What is it you want us to extrapolate from this?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
It's a serious question. What proportion - approximately - of the people you know do not know the difference between right and wrong? Is it less than 5%? Between 5 and 10%? Or is it as much as 15%? Why don't you say? I don't think you can substantiate your misanthropic generalizations about "man".

I would say that, in my adult life, the number of family, fri ...[text shortened]... d. I imagine it's about the same for you. What is it you want us to extrapolate from this?
I gave you my "official" chart numbers...isn't that good enough? 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 13

That's 63.1925741248 !!! Watch it!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
stellspalfie doesn't "hate" me and nor does stellspalfie "hate" you. Proper Knob doesn't "hate" you, RJHinds doesn't "hate" you, divegeester doesn't "hate" you, ThinkofOne doesn't "hate" you, avalanchethecat doesn't "hate" you, Agerg doesn't "hate" you, I don't "hate" you. And so on. What are you on about when you talk about "hatred"? Who are you referring to?
I can buy that. Personally I'm positive they don't. But it's what we believe that is the issue and as in the past, that belief and ones who stand up for it have died and will still die. Probably not by you or anyone here, with a couple exceptions, would never do such a thing or even have a thought like that.
But mark my word, JW's have been put to death and it will happen again. When it does you'll remember this statement....

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

I can buy that. Personally I'm positive they don't.
How many "don't"?

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

But mark my word, JW's have been put to death and it will happen again. When it does you'll remember this statement....
What does this have to do with what we are talking about?

F

Moves
04 Feb 13

But it's what we believe that is the issue and as in the past, that belief and ones who stand up for it have died and will still die. Probably not by you or anyone here, with a couple exceptions, would never do such a thing or even have a thought like that.
What "couple [of] exceptions"? What are you talking about?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
What does this have to do with what we are talking about?
That's a joke right?