Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please answer the question, why should others be forced to accept a practice and a morality that they deem contrary to nature and which is opposed to their religious beliefs? You have stated that it is because of homophobia, i don't believe that, I think its much more likely to be because the practice is deemed as unnatural by physiology and anti-scriptural.
what is your church's definition of 'gay'. if you are going to say people are sinning against god then they need to know exactly what it is they can and cannot do. for example - is it a sin for a man to find another man physically attractive?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
what is your church's definition of 'gay'. if you are going to say people are sinning against god then they need to know exactly what it is they can and cannot do. for example - is it a sin for a man to find another man physically attractive?
there is no need for us to define what gay is, the Bible states clearly that the act of homosexuality is abhorrent, whether someone finds someone else attractive is therefore irrelevant, it is the acts that are condemned, clearly.

Moves
04 Feb 13

there is no need for us to define what gay is, the Bible states clearly that the act of homosexuality is abhorrent, whether someone finds someone else attractive is therefore irrelevant, it is the acts that are condemned, clearly.
what does the bible define as the 'act of homosexuality'. obviously people need to know so they can make sure they are not sinning against god.

using the definition of homosexuality in the bible can you tell me which of these acts are abhorrent to god?

1- homosexual anal intercourse.
2- sexual attraction between two men.
3- two homosexual men kissing.
4- two heterosexual men kissing.
5- vaginal intercourse between a male and transgender male to female.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

what does the bible define as the 'act of homosexuality'. obviously people need to know so they can make sure they are not sinning against god.

using the definition of homosexuality in the bible can you tell me which of these acts are abhorrent to god?

1- homosexual anal intercourse.
2- sexual attraction between two men.
3- two homosexual men ki ...[text shortened]... terosexual men kissing.
5- vaginal intercourse between a male and transgender male to female.
it does not give details nor is it necessary, its not a homosexual Kama Sutra, the fact is homosexuality is condemned, men who lie with men, men kept for unnatural purposes (sexual deviants), women who engage in sexual acts contrary to nature, all these expressions suffice for the reasoning individual to discern that homosexuality is a gross sin, but sure you continue gnat straining and camel gulping.

Moves
04 Feb 13

it does not give details nor is it necessary, its not a homosexual Kama Sutra, the fact is homosexuality is condemned, men who lie with men, men kept for unnatural purposes (sexual deviants), women who engage in sexual acts contrary to nature, all these expressions suffice for the reasoning individual to discern that homosexuality is a gross sin, but sure you continue gnat straining and camel gulping.
of course its necessary, to stop confusion. for example you said 'homosexuality is condemned' - this implies simply men being attracted to men is a sin. if just being a homosexual is a sin then why does the bible need to talk specifically about homosexual-sex. this implies that its the sex act that is the problem. so which is it? one or the other or both? do you actually know?

i would also ask you to explain if the bible defines what a 'male' is? the sex of a human isnt always black and white. how does somebody born with both sexual organs know if they are sinning?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

of course its necessary, to stop confusion. for example you said 'homosexuality is condemned' - this implies simply men being attracted to men is a sin. if just being a homosexual is a sin then why does the bible need to talk specifically about homosexual-sex. this implies that its the sex act that is the problem. so which is it? one or the other or bot ys black and white. how does somebody born with both sexual organs know if they are sinning?
here draw your own conclusions, all taken from the Bible,

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.

And you must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.

What! Do you not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men,

fornicators, men who lie with males, kidnappers, liars, false swearers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching

knock yourself out.

Moves
04 Feb 13

here draw your own conclusions, all taken from the Bible,

That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with ma ...[text shortened]... ers, and whatever other thing is in opposition to the healthful teaching

knock yourself out.
nope, its not clear me. is it clear to you?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

nope, its not clear me. is it clear to you?
yes, its crystal clear.

Moves
04 Feb 13

yes, its crystal clear.
okay if its crystal clear then you wont mind clearing things up for me.

is it a sin for men to find other men sexually attractive?

does god hate anything unnatural happening to the human body or just unnatural sexual things?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13
1 edit

okay if its crystal clear then you wont mind clearing things up for me.

is it a sin for men to find other men sexually attractive?

does god hate anything unnatural happening to the human body or just unnatural sexual things?
You have same scriptures that I am party to, you may draw your own conclusion, however there is a principle which Christ mentions about cultivating feelings towards someone with whom it is not lawful to have relationships with and although in this instance it is a heterosexual attraction, it can in principle be applied to any other,

(Matthew 5:28) But I say to you that everyone that keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

cultivating an attraction for someone with which it is considered inappropriate by Biblical standards is quite wrong, according to the words of Christ. Again you are free to draw your own conclusions.

Moves
04 Feb 13

You have same scriptures that I am party to, you may draw your own conclusion, however there is a principle which Christ mentions about cultivating feelings towards someone with whom it is not lawful to have relationships with and although in this instance it is a heterosexual attraction, it can in principle be applied to any other,

(Matthew 5:28 ...[text shortened]... quite wrong, according to the words of Christ. Again you are free to draw your own conclusions.
i would say from your reply that its not wrong for a man to find another man attractive, its only wrong if he cultivates this attraction. correct?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

i would say from your reply that its not wrong for a man to find another man attractive, its only wrong if he cultivates this attraction. correct?
I dunno, as i stated you must draw your own conclusions

Moves
04 Feb 13

I dunno, as i stated you must draw your own conclusions
you 'dunno' so much for crystal clear. maybe if you 'dunno' you shouldnt be going around telling other people what they should and shouldnt be doing with their willies.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 13

you 'dunno' so much for crystal clear. maybe if you 'dunno' you shouldnt be going around telling other people what they should and shouldnt be doing with their willies.
Thanks for the advice, if I need any more advice on how to be a Christian, you da man.

Moves
04 Feb 13

Thanks for the advice, if I need any more advice on how to be a Christian, you da man.
god hates passive aggression. everybody knows that (oops, more advice from an atheitst on how to be a christian).