1. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 17:38
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    I would like to believe that there is some sort of existence after death but I realize I may be deluding myself.
    Science has shown that energy cannot be destroyed, so it just depends on whether you believe consciousness is energy.
  2. Forgotten
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 18:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Just so I know, what part of all you were doing made you a Christian
    before you died?
    Kelly
    i had everything right even in my heart i was kind natured and very politite,lived and breathed every word in the bible.i was resonant in my faith sir.i am certain i left no stone unturned .i confessed sins that i may have inadvertanly committed not knowing or remembering them.
    so maybe you can tell me my fault,i think it happened for a reason
    the reason being that it isnt what is in ur mouth or heart or lips that matters.
    i am still seeing what matters.
    and for ME it isnt christianity in its classic sense.if it works for you or others then great , good for you.i applaud you then.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 19:51
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    i had everything right even in my heart i was kind natured and very politite,lived and breathed every word in the bible.i was resonant in my faith sir.i am certain i left no stone unturned .i confessed sins that i may have inadvertanly committed not knowing or remembering them.
    the ...[text shortened]... n its classic sense.if it works for you or others then great , good for you.i applaud you then.
    Do you believe that you were given a second chance by God, or that it was entirely the skill of the doctors that saved you?

Aside from renouncing the way that you were taught to believe, what kind of changes have you made in your life as a result of this?

I don’t know the reasons why this happened, but if nothing else it shows that there is a hell and a Heaven.

i think it happened for a reason the reason being that it isnt what is in ur mouth or heart or lips that matters.

I think we would all agree that the lip service part is correct, I have a hard time accepting that it had nothing to do with what was in your heart though.

I believe that you could use this experience to bring yourself closer to God. You know what the rest of us don’t. You have seen the evidence that there is an after life.

Every great religion teaches that hell is avoidable. I still think that accepting God into your heart has to be part of the answer. Perhaps you could work on loving him for showing mercy and giving you a second chance.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 21:35
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Do you believe that you were given a second chance by God, or that it was entirely the skill of the doctors that saved you?

Aside from renouncing the way that you were taught to believe, what kind of changes have you made in your life as a result of this?

I don’t know the reasons why this happened, but if nothing else it shows that there is ...[text shortened]... e answer. Perhaps you could work on loving him for showing mercy and giving you a second chance.
    You know, I would just like to take asp at his word about the “rightness” and sincerity of his former Christian faith. Is that so hard to do? You can go poking around, looking for “where he went wrong,” or where “his faith wasn’t true” and maybe at some point say “Aha! That’s it!”—but that’s kind of a pharisaical approach isn’t it? It seems to be a common perspective that no one can have been a “true Christian” and then change—in good faith and for arguable reasons. If you start with that presumption, then you’re simply dismissing his experiences out of hand.

I just can’t see starting with the assumption that asp must have in some way failed in his Christian faith—inwardly or outwardly. I personally think it was rather brave of him to post his experience here. I don’t think he give a fig for how we “interpret” it—I think he recognizes that, in a sense, we each have to do that for ourselves, as long as we don’t try to tell him how he must understand it. I think he is also trying to get us to question ourselves, rather than laying out some “map of where it’s at.” (I say some of this based on his posts elsewhere.)

“I am still seeing what matters.” A candidate for my epitaph…

NOTE to The Chess Express: Yes, it was your post that triggered this one, but neither my post en toto, nor the use of the second-person “you” is directed at you. You, I think are simply grappling “out loud” with the content of asp’s post (obviously, you were not dismissing it out of hand). I just don’t want to see it simply degenerate into what I described above.
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 21:542 edits
    Originally posted by vistesd
    You know, I would just like to take asp at his word about the “rightness” and sincerity of his former Christian faith. Is that so hard to do? You can go poking around, looking for “where he went wrong,” or where “his faith wasn’t true” and maybe at some point say “Aha! That’s it!”—but that’s kind of a pharisaical approach isn’t it? It seems to be a commo ...[text shortened]... ing it out of hand). I just don’t want to see it simply degenerate into what I described above.
    I believe his story. It’s just difficult to accept. Without being a Pharisee, I like to think that if we are good (as in accept God into our lives and live accordingly) we go to Heaven.

I guess the greatest thing that we can get out of this is just to recognize that it is healthy to always be changing for the better, and that perhaps we should reexamine the way we think we accept God.

I agree with you though, nobody knows the judgments of God. I would certainly not try to “fix his faith.” I guess Jesus wasn’t kidding when he said “Not all who say Lord Lord will make it into Heaven.”
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:15
    the point is.... most are fooling themselves about their relationship with god

and yes i did see the light and tunnell only just before i came back to conscienceness in the recovery room
    The truth is you are right. There are a lot, that are fooling themselves about their relationship with GOD. Which includes alot of Christians. There are a lot of us that go to Church faithfully, read our BIBLES, put on that Christian Front, but leave The House of GOD to live in sin.
    I understood the point that you are/were making. My point is. That even though you donot believe in GOD, or the goodness of GOD. Why is it necessary( not that you were) for unbelievers to make fun/insult, GOD. Then complain when there is a response that says, there is a price to pay, for doing such things.(not that you have or were)
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:18
    the point is.... most are fooling themselves about their relationship with god

and yes i did see the light and tunnell only just before i came back to conscienceness in the recovery room
    You also sounded like you are angry with GOD. Why be angry with someone, you donot believe in?
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:24
    Science has shown that energy cannot be destroyed, so it just depends on whether you believe consciousness is energy.
    That energy could be your soul. Man cannot destroy his soul. He can only destroy that life that came from the dust of the ground. Or that one molecule that evolution speaks of.
  9. R.I.P.
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:30
    Not necessarily, energy cannot be destroyed, it just changes form. Therefore if conciousness is energy isn't it more likely to change form into something else ?

I believe that there is life after death though, sort of on the lines of reincarnation but not quite the same. Everybody knows that the external the body gives life by decomposing and being reused by other creatures. If there is such a thing as a soul or a consciousness energy, then chances are something similiar would happen. Rather than reincarnation (which indicates some sort of distillation process), I prefer the term recycling, its the law of nature.
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:37
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Not necessarily, energy cannot be destroyed, it just changes form. Therefore if conciousness is energy isn't it more likely to change form into something else ?

I believe that there is life after death though, sort of on the lines of reincarnation but not quite the same. Everybody knows that the external the body gives life by decomposing and being r ...[text shortened]... ndicates some sort of distillation process), I prefer the term recycling, its the law of nature.

This was my point.
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:42
    the ...[text shortened]... n its classic sense.if it works for you or others then great , good for you.i applaud you then.
    Could it be a Heart issue? Could it be that you wanted GOD/JESUS to be what You wanted HIM to be. Not who HE is. Could it be that you gave up everything but you(your will). Or did you try to make your will, GOD'S Will?
    Have you looked/read at MATTHEW 13:10-23. You may find the begining of understanding of what happened. You may also find that GOD is waiting with open arms, for your return.
  12. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 22:58
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Could it be a Heart issue? Could it be that you wanted GOD/JESUS to be what You wanted HIM to be. Not who HE is. Could it be that you gave up everything but you(your will). Or did you try to make your will, GOD'S Will?
    Have you looked/read at MATTHEW 13:10-23. You may find the begining of understanding of what happened. You may also find that GOD is waiting with open arms, for your return.
    Maybe somebody like you threw the fear of God into him.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 23:05
    Maybe somebody like you threw the fear of God into him.
    No that was not the case. If you love GOD, there is no fear of HIM. Hopefully he will go and talk whatever the issues are, with GOD with GOD. There are those that once they confront GOD with the issues, they find out that the issues were not with GOD, but with themselves.
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    03 Nov '05 23:101 edit
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    No that was not the case. If you love GOD, there is no fear of HIM. Hopefully he will go and talk whatever the issues are, with GOD with GOD. There are those that once they confront GOD with the issues, they find out that the issues were not with GOD, but with themselves.
    If the goal is to love God, then why do you try to get people to fear him?
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 00:04
    If the goal is to love God, then why do you try to get people to fear him?
    To the sinner that knows they are sinning sure there is fear.To those that have come to know GOD, there is no fear. To those that know the sweetness of GOD and turn back into the world, and they know they are wrong, their is fear. To the one that comes to CHRIST, and accepts all that HE is, there is no fear.
    Does anyone not think that satan, and the fallen angels. Do not fear what GOD is going to do to them?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree