1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 16:45
    Suppose in some future lab a human was fast evolved from a man made life form. Given that, would that human have a soul? It would have all the regular human attributes we have, intelligence, humor, health, compassion, empathy and so forth. Would it have a soul? If it didn't, would we be able to tell a soul-less person like that, totally man made?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 16:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose in some future lab a human was fast evolved from a man made life form. Given that, would that human have a soul? It would have all the regular human attributes we have, intelligence, humor, health, compassion, empathy and so forth. Would it have a soul? If it didn't, would we be able to tell a soul-less person like that, totally man made?
    Insha'allah
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 17:15
    Originally posted by JS357
    Insha'allah
    An inch for allah?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 18:37
    An inch for allah?
    Maybe it means "stupid speculation". 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 18:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So speculate, you speculated about the soul of a clone.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 19:08
    I think the best attempt man could accomplish before the 'end' would be an abomination, not man, and therefore without soul. And yes, those with discernment probably could tell what looks outwardly like a man, without a soul. It would be inwardly horrific, yes, an abomination unto the Lord.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 19:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I think the best attempt man could accomplish before the 'end' would be an abomination, not man, and therefore without soul. And yes, those with discernment probably could tell what looks outwardly like a man, without a soul. It would be inwardly horrific, yes, an abomination unto the Lord.
    if a natural born human had every part of their body and mind replaced by artificial alternatives. would they still have a soul? would they be an abomination to god?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '15 19:28
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It means, if God willed that the entity have a soul, it would have a soul. Is that stupid speculation?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 00:28
    Suppose in some future lab was fast evolved from a man made life form. Given that, would that human have a soul? It would have all the regular human attributes we have, intelligence, humor, health, compassion, empathy and so forth. Would it have a soul? If it didn't, would we be able to tell a soul-less person like that, totally man made?
    You are missing the point entirely.

The soul is the life.

And therefore under every circumstance you cannot have life without the soul.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 02:39
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    if a natural born human had every part of their body and mind replaced by artificial alternatives. would they still have a soul? would they be an abomination to god?
    Like Robocop? Didn't Robocop keep his organic brain?

As it turned out, Robocop still had his soul in the end.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 02:51
    The soul is immaterial is it not? How can a soul be made from matter?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 03:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    The soul is immaterial is it not? How can a soul be made from matter?
    I think one view could be that the "soul" (which I interpret as being our each and every perceptions and consciousness and personhood) is only able to exist because it has a 'material' host (body).

If the unique combination of perceptions and consciousness and personhood disappears when the body dies (although theists believe that it lives on and exists independently of it, and believe this as a matter of faith, and without evidence), then we may one day discover how this "soul" is able to exist ~ what physical processes in the body make it possible for us to perceive and experience our own "soul".

Of course, it could be that this is exactly how a creator intended it to be, and that all the afterlife stuff that religions latch on to is mistaken and more rooted in the challenges of living our lives whilst having the capacity and inclination to over-think our own significance.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 03:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think one view could be that the "soul" (which I interpret as being our each and every perceptions and consciousness and personhood) is only able to exist because it has a 'material' host (body).

If the unique combination of perceptions and consciousness and personhood disappears when the body dies (although theists believe that it lives on and exists inde ...[text shortened]... living our lives whilst having the capacity and inclination to over-think our own significance.
    However, if Yahshua was who He said He was then there is a resurrection and an afterlife and a living soul separate from the material body. 😏
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 16:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, that is one 'view', but a 'view' is merely an opinion unless it is based on fact. My 'view' is based on the truth of God's Word, which identifies three aspects of what makes a human. The body is obviously the material aspect. The soul and spirit are obviously not material.

The question is whether a 'soul' would exist if a body could be generated in a laboratory. As intriguing an idea as that may be it is beyond understanding. I would be inclined to err on the side of reason and say no, it isn't possible to create an immaterial 'soul' by some laboratory generated evolutionary processed material body. Doesn't even make sense to speculate about it.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 16:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes, that is one 'view', but a 'view' is merely an opinion unless it is based on fact. My 'view' is based on the truth of God's Word, which identifies three aspects of what makes a human. The body is obviously the material aspect. The soul and spirit are obviously not material.

The question is whether a 'soul' would exist if a body could be generated in a ...[text shortened]... y generated evolutionary processed material body. Doesn't even make sense to speculate about it.
    That is what I meant by "stupid speculation". 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree