1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 17:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is what I meant by "stupid speculation". 😏
    Not only that, but when, if ever, would science be able to generate a living human body in a laboratory?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 17:25
    Originally posted by josephw
    Not only that, but when, if ever, would science be able to generate a living human body in a laboratory?
    All they have to do is replicate 2 billion years of evolution....
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 18:05
    How about NEVER? 😏
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '15 19:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How about [b]NEVER? 😏[/b]
    Never say never, if you consider the advances in science and technology over the last 100 years, its very impressive.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 01:28
    Yes, that is one 'view', but a 'view' is merely an opinion unless it is based on fact. My 'view' is based on the truth of God's Word, which identifies three aspects of what makes a human. The body is obviously the material aspect. The soul and spirit are obviously not material.
    Your opinion that your "view is based on the truth of God's Word" is of course your personal opinion and your prerogative ~ and I fully understand why you believe it and where you got the ideology from. To say that "the soul and spirit are obviously not material" is neutral enough for a lot of people to agree with I think. What is not obvious at all is whether the "soul" can exist without a "material" host.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 01:32
    The question is whether a 'soul' would exist if a body could be generated in a laboratory. [...] Doesn't even make sense to speculate about it.
    Doesn't even make sense to speculate about it? I don't see why this has to be so. Curiosity and the ability to speculate are a couple of essential features of the human spirit. I am always fascinated by the degree to which a theist mind set often puts paid to so much of one's curiosity and independent mindedness.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 04:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Doesn't even make sense to speculate about it? I don't see why this has to be so. Curiosity and the ability to speculate are a couple of essential features of the human spirit. I am always fascinated by the degree to which a theist mind set often puts paid to so much of one's curiosity and independent mindedness.
    We Christians have a book that takes away much of the speculation for us. We also have a photo that proves the resurrection to life of a dead body. 😏
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 04:51
    This removal of curiosity and speculation is intellectually and spiritually tragic in my view.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 06:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    This removal of curiosity and speculation is intellectually and spiritually tragic in my view.
    Not in the case of the resurrection of the Christ. That is too important for just curiosity and speculation.

THEY HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH OF JESUS CHRIST!

YouTube

Proof of the Resurrection

YouTube
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 07:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Suppose in some future lab a human was fast evolved from a man made life form. Given that, would that human have a soul? It would have all the regular human attributes we have, intelligence, humor, health, compassion, empathy and so forth. Would it have a soul? If it didn't, would we be able to tell a soul-less person like that, totally man made?
    If it did how would you know?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 10:56
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If it did how would you know?
    How do I know you have a soul.

The Turing test for the soul.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 11:34
    Originally posted by JS357
    How do I know you have a soul.

The Turing test for the soul.
    I don't think you can show that one way or another, it is beyond us.
    So how would you know?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 11:47
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    All they have to do is replicate 2 billion years of evolution....
    Right sonhouse, that's just what I expect from science. Replicate the last 2 billion years of evolution to create a human body just to see if it will have a soul!!

πŸ™„
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 11:521 edit
    Right sonhouse, that's just what I expect from science. Replicate the last 2 billion years of evolution to create a human body just to see if it will have a soul!!

πŸ™„
    Someone has to be silly in all this speculationπŸ™‚

It seems to be agreed by the religious set here a cloned body would have a soul.

So why not a completely man made man? Just a what if question.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Mar '15 11:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    The removal of speculation about absurdities isn't intellectually and spiritually tragic. What is tragic is speculating about things beyond the grasp of novices posting in a forum as though they're enquiring into something that can really happen.

What if science could create a living human in a laboratory? Considering the lengths that science will go to create weapons of mass destruction with every new technological breakthrough, I wonder what evil would be unleashed from such an experiment. I wonder what moral and ethical boundaries would be crossed by attempting to play God in such a way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree