1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 16:29
    Who here has at one time or the other lost their faith, and then regained it by some means ? Please explain how you got your no doubting mentality back. I can't seem to do it.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Aug '09 20:08
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who here has at one time or the other lost their faith, and then regained it by some means ? Please explain how you got your no doubting mentality back. I can't seem to do it.
    An easy way to do it is pray, you don't have to pray for any thing in particular but just pray that God will give you your Faith back, if it makes you happy then good! That means that you can trust God, He made you happy didn't He, then He will be Trustworthy when it cones to His Word. If it doesn't make you happy then try again, keep trying, don't give up, God won't let you down. 😀
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 04:26
    You have to remember here that faith is in direct relation to doubt. The greater your faith, the greater your doubt,(as is my understaniding). This faith/doubt relationship keeps growing until we come to what the Zennists refer to as 'the moment of Great Doubt'.

As for me, when I'm in doubt, I relax and remind myself of the impending doom of my ego. This seems to put everything else into a better context.
    Any one can live and die. Fear a physical death and all... but to face the death of your ego , "the White Death", is truly a noble path to undertake. May the Force be with you dear friend.🙂
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 06:07
    Originally posted by daniel58
    An easy way to do it is pray, you don't have to pray for any thing in particular but just pray that God will give you your Faith back, if it makes you happy then good! That means that you can trust God, He made you happy didn't He, then He will be Trustworthy when it cones to His Word. If it doesn't make you happy then try again, keep trying, don't give up, God won't let you down. 😀
    Surely if you really have lost your faith, you would no longer believe in the efficacy of prayer. In fact, you probably would not want to pray.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 07:36
    You need to first ask yourself why you want it back.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 08:18
    Yeah, I lost my faith, faith in life. I got it back through the technique of sovereign laughter, as described by Georges Bataille.
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 11:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You need to first ask yourself why you want it back.
    There is great comfort in knowing you have the Truth. It makes life easier.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:07
    There is great comfort in knowing you have the Truth. It makes life easier.
    Life is not meant to be 'easy.'
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:17
    Lost it but regained it
    Like an addiction...
  10. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:20
    Originally posted by rwingett
    That's interesting that you should say that. Why do you think that?

As for me I've never lost my faith in God. I've lost my faith in my artistic ablities and for a long time I didn't try. I did try again to draw two weeks a go and I was pleasently surprised, my faith is growing back again.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:23
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Do try to avoid opposites like 'easy' and 'hard' . (I do know where you are coming from though. I think.)
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 12:431 edit
    Originally posted by yo its me

As for me I've never lost my faith in God. I've lost my faith in my artistic ablities and for a long time I didn't try. I did try again to draw two weeks a go and I was pleasently surprised, my faith is growing back again.
    this happened to me also. i loved to draw and paint since i was a kid. i loved to paint or draw anything, nature, portraits, landscapes, life drawing, architecture, abstract etc although i have not touched a pastel or a paint brush for almost ten years now. Art is very uncompromising mistress!
  13. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 16:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Like an addiction...
    What is not an addiction ? Eating food, going on vacations, or just about anything that gives you pleasure can be viewed as an addiction. Addiction to feeling better. It seems to me that everything we do is motivated by a desire for more pleasure. If religion or spiritual paths offer a way into Bliss it only seems natural that people would gravitate it that direction. I would love to find a way to avoid the up's, and downs of life. What was so appealing to me about Eastern religions is that they dealt with changing ones consciousness so that no matter what might come your way you would always remain in Bliss or Enlightenment. Like having a protective shield around your nervous system protecting you from feeling pain. Constant Joy, and Happiness is what the Buddha, and Krishna felt every second of their lives because of being fully enlightened.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 22:04
    Originally posted by yo its me

Life is only easy for those who have had a lobotomy or for those who have faith in god. For everyone else, life consists of difficult choices made in the absence of complete information. Those with lobotomies are relieved of making any choices. Those with great faith are provided with the illusion that they have complete information (or more complete information) and therefore their choices are easy. Abandoning your faith in god means you will be denied the security of presumably having all the information. Or that anyone has all the information. It means taking full responsibility for the choices you make in light of the fact that the available information will always be limited or lacking.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 22:05
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do try to avoid opposites like 'easy' and 'hard' . (I do know where you are coming from though. I think.)
    Try to avoid annoying me with your sophistries.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree