1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Aug '09 23:49
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Try to avoid annoying me with your sophistries.
    Try to avoid Him catching up with you again.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 01:10
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Surely if you really have lost your faith, you would no longer believe in the efficacy of prayer. In fact, you probably would not want to pray.
    Like I said, keep trying is the best suggestion I can give.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 21:16
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Like I said, keep trying is the best suggestion I can give.
    But why would anyone keep trying if in losing their faith, they no longer believe that there is a God to hear their prayers?
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    21 Aug '09 23:55
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    But why would anyone keep trying if in losing their faith, they no longer believe that there is a God to hear their prayers?
    You don't have to Believe, just try.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 03:101 edit
    [b]Life is only easy for those who have had a lobotomy or for those who have faith in god.
    Or those receving government handouts from the evil rich people.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. 😛
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '09 03:162 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    Who here has at one time or the other lost their faith, and then regained it by some means ? Please explain how you got your no doubting mentality back. I can't seem to do it.
    I would respond by saying that I fell in love with the person of Christ. Hence, when someone falls in love, they naturally develope a faith in them, otherwise, it ain't love. So the question for me is, have I ever fallen out of love with him? I would say that I have fallen away from him from time to time for various reasons, but you never forget your first true love. I found myself running from him at times but I inevitably and instinctivly ran back again.

Of course, not everyone would describe their spiritual experience like I have my own, but I say, mores the pity. In fact , that is probably why they left in the first place and I can't really blame them.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 08:21
    Try to avoid annoying me with your sophistries.
    I'll try, but its going to be hard. 🙂
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    23 Aug '09 20:36
    I found It!
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 08:36
    Life is only easy for those who have had a lobotomy or for those who have faith in god. For everyone else, life consists of difficult choices made in the absence of complete information. Those with lobotomies are relieved of making any choices. Those with great faith are provided with the illusion that they have complete information (or more complete inform ...[text shortened]... you make in light of the fact that the available information will always be limited or lacking.
    I think you have a miss conception of Christianity. It's not blindly following. It's very hard to do, to try to be like God/ Jesus. Having faith that He is means that Christians have to follow His lead and strive to be like Him. Not all try becasue they have a miss conception too of what it all means. Many, like me, know what we should do but it's too difficult.

Putting trust/faith in God is hard. It's hard to let go of things we all hold dear such as finantual security. I met a family living in Afganistan who really do have faith that God will keep them safe. They live in a dangerous place other missioanries have been killed and this family have their two young children with them. To you maybe that seams foolish, it sounded like blind faith at first to me but then I realised this is what God wants us to do. It wouldn't be easy to do, to make that leap. They're still taking full responsibility for deciding to go out there, should something happen it's them that will have to answer the extended family about their decision- they're doing it becasue they want to please God and tell people about Him this is what He's asked all of us to do. It would only be an easy choice if one didn't care.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Aug '09 09:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'll try, but its going to be hard. 🙂
    And if you fail, it will be hard on rwingett. Therefore life cannot possibly be easy for both of you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree