1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 05:16
    Originally posted by sonship
    Hmmm. I see your point.
    Good one.
    So you agree that I'm not being decieved by satan?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Nov '14 13:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So you agree that I'm not being decieved by satan?
    My eyes must have been tired.
    I think I misunderstood your sentence.

I think the total equilibrium of God's character is set off if we do not recognize, along with His eternal capacity to love, His corresponding eternal capacity to hate sin.

My point on the deception of God's enemy over the whole world, was to point out that it is not "just you" who is deceived. But to one degree or another we all in the world are still under some amount of deception from Satan.

To your question then "So it is you rather than me who is deceived by Satan?" -

To some degree, in one thing or another, we both are still not totally clear about the truth of Christ.

If I made a specific charge about you being deceived because of a genuine different interpretation of some passages, that is probably going too far - maybe. In other words, I would like to think that I have not been saying everyone who holds a different interpretation from me on a passage is "deceived by Satan".

Without re-reading all the posts, I hope that helps clarify my attitude this morning. Late night tiresome debates are risky.

As said, I am trying to step away from this topic of eternal suffering.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 06:27
    Late night tiresome debates are risky.

I don't suppose I'm the only one who speed reads posts.

I had a shock when I read
    "Late night threesome debates" 😲
    LOL

No offense intended sonship.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 07:18
    My eyes must have been tired.
    I think I misunderstood your sentence.

I think the total equilibrium of God's character is set off if we do not recognize, along with His eternal capacity to love, His corresponding eternal capacity to hate sin.

My point on the deception of God's enemy over the whole world, was to point out that it is not [i]"just ...[text shortened]... debates are risky.

As said, I am trying to step away from this topic of eternal suffering.
    "You went too far, probably maybe" talk about a qualified acceptance of maybe not being 100% right!

I disagree with you and your response is that I'm "being deceived by satan."

I disagree with RJHinds and he says I "deserve to burn in hell"

I disagree with Grampy Bobby and he says I lack the ability to understand

I disagree with Galveston75 and says I'm an antichrist and under the influence of satan

I disagree with some other Christians here and they refuse to acknowledge whether or not they subscribe to the above mentioned opinions

I don't see Christianity in this forum; I see narrow-minded, mean-spirited religionists banging thier drums in the faces of anyone who dares to stand up to them. It's a kind of lightweight fundamentalist extremism, no one will cut my head off but they're happy for me to burn in hell.

What a bunch.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 14:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "You went too far, probably maybe" talk about a qualified acceptance of maybe not being 100% right!

I disagree with you and your response is that I'm "being deceived by satan."

I disagree with RJHinds and he says I "deserve to burn in hell"

I disagree with Grampy Bobby and he says I lack the ability to understand

I disagree with Galveston75 a ...[text shortened]... xtremism, no one will cut my head off but they're happy for me to burn in hell.

What a bunch.
    What are you trying to do, stir up a debate ? ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 14:39
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't suppose I'm the only one who speed reads posts.

I had a shock when I read
    "Late night threesome debates" 😲
    LOL

No offense intended sonship.
    I thought I wrote "late night tiresome debates".

That's what I meant.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '14 18:471 edit
    What are you trying to do, stir up a debate ? ?
    I do think your main redeeming quality is that you do have a SoH.

😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree