1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 05:05
    For those Christians who subscribe to the ideology that it is right and just for non-believers and "sinners" to be tortured in burning agony for all eternity ~ as revenge and punishment ~ by God, do you think you will still continue to love God and Jesus even if you are cast into the burning flames and tortured for ever and ever for your "sins"?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 05:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    For those Christians who subscribe to the ideology that it is right and just for non-believers and "sinners" to be tortured in burning agony for all eternity ~ as revenge and punishment ~ by God, do you think you will still continue to love God and Jesus even if you are cast into the burning flames and tortured for ever and ever for your "sins"?
    As far as I can tell myself and Suzianne are the only Christians in this forum who do not accept the eternal burning in hell doctrine.

I think I may find a video clip of someone being burned alive and post it here so that those who believe their version of the loving, merciful god has created a place especially for burning people for eternity, can have a point of reference for their belief.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 05:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    As far as I can tell myself and Suzianne are the only Christians in this forum who do not accept the eternal burning in hell doctrine.
    CalJust too.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 05:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    CalJust too.
    Oh yes, my apologies to caljust.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

I suspect that the person who follows Satan to the end may very well, in eternity, become more and more like him. But I do not know this for sure.

That is perhaps the infinitely rebellious character of the Devil, refusing ever to be reconciled to the Creator he hates, will gradually consume those who have followed the Devil.

As for the Christian, the promise of Christ is that they will never perish forever -

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; And I give to them eternal life, and they shall by no means perish forever, and no one shall snatch them out of My hand." (John 10:27,28)

This renders the essence of the question nonsensical since the saved man will never perish forever.
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 15:14

I think I may find a video clip of someone being burned alive and post it here so that those who believe their version of the loving, merciful god has created a place especially for burning people for eternity, can have a point of reference for their belief.
    Let's not forget Zahlanzi!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 15:17
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Let's not forget Zahlanzi!
    I haven't forgotten him, I just have no idea what he believes about anything to be honest.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 15:22
    I haven't forgotten him, I just have no idea what he believes about anything to be honest.
    I think he is a Christian in much the same way as you are - doesn't really buy into to the garbage of religion yet still holds to the notion of a personal god associated in some way with the Bible. Like most moderates I find he talks good sense around here (barring obvious exceptions like the deity he believes in of course!).
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 17:05
    Oh yes, my apologies to caljust.
    Accepted - and thanks FMF.

I don't post a lot in this forum anymore because it is (mostly) the same stuff re-hashed over and over again. (Evolution, hell, OSAS, etc)

I miss Hakima! And also it would be nice if there were other faiths prepared to debate - or even find common ground.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 17:28
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Accepted - and thanks FMF.

I don't post a lot in this forum anymore because it is (mostly) the same stuff re-hashed over and over again. (Evolution, hell, OSAS, etc)

I miss Hakima! And also it would be nice if there were other faiths prepared to debate - or even find common ground.
    I like to think of it like the EPL (English Premier League), each year it more or less the same teams fighting the same games but it's still fun to watch.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 22:00
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] For those Christians who subscribe to the ideology that it is right and just for non-believers and "sinners" to be tortured in burning agony for all eternity ~ as revenge and punishment ~ by God, do you think you will still continue to love God and Jesus even if you are cast into the burning flames and tortured for ever and ever for your "sins"? [/qu ...[text shortened]... s renders the essence of the question nonsensical since the saved man will never perish forever.
    But you could be punished for your sins, right? So, if that's what happens to you, will you still continue to love God and Jesus even if you are being punished by torture for eternity in burning flames?
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 22:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    But you could be punished for your sins, right? So, if that's what happens to you, will you still continue to love God and Jesus even if you are being punished by torture for eternity in burning flames?
    sonship says, John 10:27,28 "...renders the essence of the question nonsensical since the saved man will never perish forever."

The only reasonable way to interpret this claim of nonsense is this: "...renders the essence of the question nonsensical since [only] the saved man will never perish forever." Thus all unsaved will perish.

That is, there will be no eternal punishment because the unsaved will perish.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 22:43
    Originally posted by JS357
    That is, there will be no eternal punishment because the unsaved will perish.
    If there is no ideology that holds that being tortured for eternity is a just punishment for sin and disbelief, and that people simply "perish", then the Christians who appear to propagate it should make it clear. As for the OP question, KellyJay once stated that he would try to keep loving Jesus even if he were to be punished by torture forever
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 22:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    As for the Christian, the promise of Christ is that they will never perish forever...
    So, regardless of your "sins" ~ no matter how heinous ~ you cannot and will not be punished by "eternal torment" because you are a Christian?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '14 22:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    If there is no ideology that holds that being tortured for eternity is a just punishment for sin and disbelief, and that people simply "perish", then the Christians who appear to propagate it should make it clear. As for the OP question, KellyJay once stated that he would try to keep loving Jesus even if he were to be punished by torture forever
    Maybe I'm trying too hard to disambiguate sonship's words.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree