1. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 06:59
    @fmf said
    Ah, so you are a propagator of the torturer god ideology after all.
    As I have pointed out to you several times over the last few weeks, I do believe in hell and have standard Christian theology.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:01
    @fmf said
    What moral or spiritual weight does this declaration on your part, and your use of the word "truth", have for Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and atheists?
    My declaration is, of course, powerless.

I can't make any declarations.

The Bible does, though, and that's what I support, and I understand anyone would be reluctant or doubtful.

I just say to others

"Come and see."
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:06
    @fmf said
    Well, you are entitled to buy into whatever conjecture about supernatural things that you want but I don't see how it has any traction for people who don't believe the things you do.

You sound like you have never met or spoken to a non-Christian or talked to them about their religion; indeed, you sound like you have never spent a single moment thinking about what it is like to ...[text shortened]... your heart of hearts, that the correct and morally sound thing to do would be to become a Christian?
    I have a degree in Buddhist philosophy and my girlfriend's family are all Muslims. I contemplated both becoming a Muslim or a Buddhist once upon a time. I once even thought of myself as embracing just a general Taoist outlook.

Half my life I was searching for truth or even in some cases a misguided perennialism.

I don't have expectations for others.

But I would tell them to compare the versions of the truth and discuss it with them because I am certain Christianity is the full truth while other religions are not.

And i am confident that it is the morally sound thing to do because I would've gone far from Christianity if I thought it was wrong. It'd hardly be a challenge to do so. Half the people today have flown from it, like yourself. Not exactly an accomplishment.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:09
    @philokalia said
    I have a degree in Buddhist philosophy and my girlfriend's family are all Muslims. I contemplated both becoming a Muslim or a Buddhist once upon a time. I once even thought of myself as embracing just a general Taoist outlook.

Half my life I was searching for truth or even in some cases a misguided perennialism.

I don't have expectations for others.

But I would ...[text shortened]... ge to do so. Half the people today have flown from it, like yourself. Not exactly an accomplishment.
    And yet you now acquit yourself as if you haven't got even the slightest clue about what it's like to adhere to a different religion or worship a different god figure than yours.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:11
    @philokalia said
    As I have pointed out to you several times over the last few weeks, I do believe in hell and have standard Christian theology.
    So, then, you are, it turns out, a subscriber to the torturer god ideology. Well, then, feel free to go back and address any of those questions you batted away by claiming you did not subscribe to what I describe as the torturer god ideology.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:12
    @philokalia said
    My declaration is, of course, powerless.

I can't make any declarations.

The Bible does, though, and that's what I support, and I understand anyone would be reluctant or doubtful.

I just say to others

"Come and see."
    Making your partisan religious assertions and then "backing" them with assertions about the supposed moral soundness of the depraved and demented revenge-punishment you envisage for those not agreeing with your partisan religious assertions has got to be an example of human nature at its most grotesque and despicable. Thank goodness I have not one credible reason to think of any of it is true
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:15
    @philokalia said
    And i am confident that it is the morally sound thing to do because I would've gone far from Christianity if I thought it was wrong. It'd hardly be a challenge to do so. Half the people today have flown from it, like yourself. Not exactly an accomplishment.
    Precis: You are confident that it is morally sound because you wouldn't believe in it if you thought that it wasn't morally sound.

Noted.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:17
    @fmf said
    And yet you now acquit yourself as if you haven't got even the slightest clue about what it's like to adhere to a different religion or worship a different god figure than yours.
    This is where your bias is showing: you believe people don't question the religions they're a part of.

That is all we do these days.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:18
    @fmf said
    So, then, you are, it turns out, a subscriber to the torturer god ideology. Well, then, feel free to go back and address any of those questions you batted away by claiming you did not subscribe to what I describe as the torturer god ideology.
    Lol. I was trying to tell you that.

But every time I described it, you shied away.

It feels like you don't want to discuss it right now, either.
  10. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:19
    @fmf said
    Making your partisan religious assertions and then "backing" them with assertions about the supposed moral soundness of the depraved and demented revenge-punishment you envisage for those not agreeing with your partisan religious assertions has got to be an example of human nature at its most grotesque and despicable. Thank goodness I have not one credible reason to think of any of it is true
    How is it revenge punishment?

The light of God is uncreated. It's a necessary consequence of rejecting God to be pained by God's existence and His Light because this is how the soul now relates itself to God.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:21
    @philokalia said
    This is where your bias is showing: you believe people don't question the religions they're a part of.
    I do have a bias against extremely weak stances on supernatural matters when they are turned into incoherent and in many ways poisonous dogma, that's true. I am talking to you because I think you are propagating something very weak, very egocentric, and utterly farfetched. We both have our biases.

I note that, like with so many things put to you, you blanked out these questions [although I know why]"

If you were a Muslim, do you think you would feel guilty or mistaken because you are not a Christian?

If you were a Hindu, do you think you would believe, in your heart of hearts, that the correct and morally sound thing to do would be to become a Christian?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:251 edit
    @philokalia said
    How is it revenge punishment?
    Vengeful. Yes. Revenge for not believing. Wrathful too. sonship has mentioned these things hundreds of times. He also contends that the suffering of those being tortured "glorifies" God. He cites the Bible when he does, more often than not. If these things do not accord with your beliefs, so be it. He's actively and currently "preaching" this stuff ~ about your God ~ on this forum. You can talk to him about it if you want.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:26
    @fmf said
    I do have a bias against extremely weak stances on supernatural matters when they are turned into incoherent and in many ways poisonous dogma, that's true. I am talking to you because I think you are propagating something very weak, very egocentric, and utterly farfetched. We both have our biases.

I note that, like with so many things put to you, you blanked out these question ...[text shortened]... your heart of hearts, that the correct and morally sound thing to do would be to become a Christian?
    Yes, of course!

Any religion which propagates backwards views on marriage life and goes back to old testament style sharia punishments is off.

Hinduism is incredibly disjointed and full of incoherent elements. Dare I even ask "what Hinduism are you talking about?"

It quickly becomes a game of cherry picking things you like and rejecting other things.

And Buddhism is either overly minimalistic and superstitious, too rooted in Hindu preconceived thoughts or even stripped of superstition and just a stoic ethical system, or it is the stoic ethics of Mahayana plus the completely flawed and fabricated textual tradition.

We could go on about this all day, I'm sure.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:27
    @fmf said
    Vengeful. Yes. Revenge for not believing. Wrathful too. sonship has mentioned these things hundreds of times. He also contends that the suffering of those being tortured "glorifies" God. He cites the Bible when he does, more often than not. If these things do not accord with your beliefs, so be it. He's actively and currently "preaching" this stuff ~ about your God ~ on this forum. You can talk to him about it if you want.
    Wait, you don't want to discuss this with me?

Again, you're using this to try to direct me to debate another Christian?

One you aren't even naming now?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:30
    @philokalia said
    Yes, of course!

Any religion which propagates backwards views on marriage life and goes back to old testament style sharia punishments is off.

Hinduism is incredibly disjointed and full of incoherent elements. Dare I even ask "what Hinduism are you talking about?"

It quickly becomes a game of cherry picking things you like and rejecting other things.

And Bud ...[text shortened]... completely flawed and fabricated textual tradition.

We could go on about this all day, I'm sure.
    None of this is evidence that your religion is divinely inspired and none of it amounts to a moral justification for being consigned ~ in secret ~ to 'a fire that is torturous for an eternity where the fire is not quenched' or words to that effect.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree