1. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 13:19
    @fmf said
    I wrote these things on page 4, two of which you have not addressed:

And why should anyone be subjected to stupendous never-ending violence as a punishment for having a different view from you vis a vis "the other religions are not satisfactory"?

If you want to discuss the validity of sonship's beliefs about vengeance, wrath and glorification-through-the suffering-of-the-to ...[text shortened]... d the torturer god ideology morally incoherent is not because of a lack of understanding on my part.
    What was wrong with my previous explanation?

They reject God, and alienate themselves from God, and the result is what they have chosen for themselves, and not what God has chosen for them.

The light of God is uncreated... and thus, hell was not even created as a thing for them to go to, but rather, they suffer because the things they have done results in their suffering because this is the nature of their disposition.

You really should try to understand teh nuances of the position before you try to critique it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 13:33
    @philokalia said
    I rely on the Church fathers, the Saints, and the experts to provide exegesis.

We've really reached peak Protestantism here, haven't we?

I'm being faulted for bringing up the quotations of famous theologians and Saints to back up my opinion.
    You don’t have an opinion, that’s the point, you just regurgitate other people’s.

PS they’re not “church fathers” or “saints” or “experts” they are just people you get your flakey ideas from.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 13:351 edit
    @philokalia said
    No -- so I am curious, what does that mean to you?

Are you pro-LGBTQ Christianity...

But against a Christian being with a non-Christian, in spite of the passage that specifically talks about how they can remain together?

Please, unpack this for me.
    There’s nothing to “unpack” it’s not “deep” it’s not “intellectual”.

I knew as soon as you put out your bollox interpretation of “do not be unequally yoked” that you were hitched up with a non Christian.

Just see through you like piece of glass.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 21:42
    @divegeester said
    There’s nothing to “unpack” it’s not “deep” it’s not “intellectual”.

I knew as soon as you put out your bollox interpretation of “do not be unequally yoked” that you were hitched up with a non Christian.

Just see through you like piece of glass.
    Do you think gay people can be Christians?
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 21:44
    @divegeester said
    You don’t have an opinion, that’s the point, you just regurgitate other people’s.

PS they’re not “church fathers” or “saints” or “experts” they are just people you get your flakey ideas from.
    I actually read a lot and realize that there are hundreds of opinions on various theological points, and that only some approach the truth.

I find which ones do and I learn the names of the great men who advance them and I give them credit.

I try to be thorough and intelligent.

And you don't know who St. Andrew was.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 22:59
    @philokalia said
    What was wrong with my previous explanation?

They reject God, and alienate themselves from God, and the result is what they have chosen for themselves, and not what God has chosen for them.

The light of God is uncreated... and thus, hell was not even created as a thing for them to go to, but rather, they suffer because the things they have done results in t ...[text shortened]... .

You really should try to understand teh nuances of the position before you try to critique it.
    Ok, if you believe that Buddhists, Muslims and Hindus go to "Heaven" alongside Christians ~due to the goodness of their hearts and purity of their intentions, and the inclination of their hearts towards God ~ then I accept that that is your belief.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:13
    @philokalia said
    Do you think gay people can be Christians?
    I’m not interested in your counter measure™ tactics Jacob.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:151 edit
    @philokalia said
    I actually read a lot and realize that there are hundreds of opinions on various theological points, and that only some approach the truth.

I find which ones do and I learn the names of the great men who advance them and I give them credit.

I try to be thorough and intelligent.

And you don't know who St. Andrew was.
    Intelligence can be measured in many ways; in this place it is measured by integrity, intellectual honesty, moral aptitude and the ability to express one’s own ideas in a combative debating environment with clarity and an element of originality.

No I don’t know who St Andrew is...
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:16
    @fmf said
    Ok, if you believe that Buddhists, Muslims and Hindus go to "Heaven" alongside Christians ~due to the goodness of their hearts and purity of their intentions, and the inclination of their hearts towards God ~ then I accept that that is your belief.
    Again, wrong.

Some amount and some amount only.

Is it your goal to just aggravate me by daftly stating an exaggerated version of my beliefs in either direction? Lol.

You're here to agitate and nothing else, it seems.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:17
    @philokalia said
    Again, wrong.

Is it your goal to just aggravate me by daftly stating an exaggerated version of my beliefs in either direction? Lol.

You're here to agitate and nothing else, it seems.
    Do you get a semi when you thumb down one of my posts without reading it?
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:30
    @divegeester said
    Intelligence can be measured in many ways; in this place it is measured by integrity, intellectual honesty, moral aptitude and the ability to express one’s own ideas in a combative debating environment with clarity and an element of originality.

No I don’t know who St Andrew is...
    So... Intelligence can either be intelligence, or it can be other things, like, being moral, or intelligence can even be just EXPRESSING YOURSELF in a COMBATIVE ENVIRONMENT.

What else can intelligence be? Lol.

Beauty?

Kindness?

Running fast?

Watching TV well?

.... Why cant intelligence just be intelligence?

Come on, now, express your opinions in a combative debating environment well now. Show us your intelligence.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:33
    @philokalia said
    Again, wrong.

Ok, again. If you believe that Buddhists, Muslims and Hindus who reject Christ go to "Heaven" alongside Christians ~ due to the goodness of their hearts and purity of their intentions, and the inclination of their hearts towards God but some amount and some amount only, while the rest are tormented in burning flames for eternity ~ then I accept that that is your belief.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:41
    @divegeester said
    I’m not interested in your counter measure™ tactics Jacob.
    Lol, if you have a problem with me in the process of marrying a non Christian, but have a liberal interpretion of everything else, shouldn't you explain yourself?

You don't want to.

Because you can't keep your arguments straight.

I thought you wanted a COMBATIVE DEBATE ENVIRONMENT.

And now you slink off like it's irrelevant.

What a joke.
  14. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:44
    @fmf said
    Ok, again. If you believe that Buddhists, Muslims and Hindus who reject Christ go to "Heaven" alongside Christians ~ due to the goodness of their hearts and purity of their intentions, and the inclination of their hearts towards God but some amount and some amount only, while the rest are tormented in burning flames for eternity ~ then I accept that that is your belief.
    Only three tries and you were able to successfully summarize my beliefs in a passive aggressive micropost.

Great work, FMF.

Not everyone can do that.

That's why you're the Main Poster.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 23:49
    @philokalia said
    Only three tries and you were able to successfully summarize my beliefs in a passive aggressive micropost.

Great work, FMF.

Not everyone can do that.

That's why you're the Main Poster.
    "Passive aggressive"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree