1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:33
    @philokalia said
    Wait, you don't want to discuss this with me?
    The vengeance and the wrath and the glorification stuff are sonship's beliefs. I don't want you to set about discussing those beliefs by using me as a proxy for sonship. I don't believe what either of you say about the exact nature of the eternal torture you believe in.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:34
    @philokalia said
    Again, you're using this to try to direct me to debate another Christian?
    I got the idea that the torture is revenge for lack of belief from another Christian. It is obviously not a belief that I am going to defend.
  3. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:35
    @fmf said
    None of this is evidence that your religion is divinely inspired and none of it amounts to a moral justification for being consigned ~ in secret ~ to 'a fire that is torturous for an eternity where the fire is not quenched' or words to that effect.
    You asked what would cause me to seek out the true God in Christianity elsewhere and I provided a good answer as to why the other religions are not satisfactory.

Of course none of this provides some sort empirical evidence.
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:36
    @fmf said
    The vengeance and the wrath and the glorification stuff are sonship's beliefs. I don't want you to set about discussing those beliefs by using me as a proxy for sonship. I don't believe what either of you say about the exact nature of the eternal torture you believe in.
    Lol, you asked me my opinions on hell and as I described them you are like

"slow down there! I'm not your proxy to debate hell with Sonship!"

As if this is remotely the case.

You're the one backing out of a discussion of it with me when hell is the topic
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:38
    @fmf said
    I got the idea that the torture is revenge for lack of belief from another Christian. It is obviously not a belief that I am going to defend.
    And you don't otherwise wish to discuss this with me.

Why?

You are excited to attack other people's "myths" or whatever.

Why not mine?

Why only Sonship?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:40
    @philokalia said
    I have a degree in Buddhist philosophy and my girlfriend's family are all Muslims.
    If I may ask, as you studied it, did you believe you were examining the beliefs of human beings who were going to deserve, when they die, to be tormented in burning flames for eternity for subscribing to Buddhist philosophy and not being Christians?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:41
    @philokalia said
    And you don't otherwise wish to discuss this with me.

Why?
    I don't want to discuss your God's feelings of vengeance and wrath and glorification [by the suffering of the people hung out on chains and being tortured] with you if it is stuff you do not believe.
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:42
    @fmf said
    If I may ask, as you studied it, did you believe you were examining the beliefs of human beings who were going to deserve, when they die, to be tormented in burning flames for eternity for subscribing to Buddhist philosophy and not being Christians?
    No.

And your question doesn't bother anyone because you don't accurately understand or describe the beliefs of Christians on this

This is a very big handicap in your understanding of Christianity.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:43
    @fmf said
    I don't want to discuss your God's feelings of vengeance and wrath and glorification [by the suffering of the people hung out on chains and being tortured] with you if it is stuff you do not believe.
    ... I don't understand.

You just confirmed I believe in the "torturer God ideology," but now I don't?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:43
    @philokalia said
    You are excited to attack other people's "myths" or whatever.

Why not mine?

Why only Sonship?
    I am dealing with your superstitious beliefs in the same way as I deal with sonship's. What are you on about?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:44
    @philokalia said
    ... I don't understand.

You just confirmed I believe in the "torturer God ideology," but now I don't?
    Who said you don't?

You have conceded that you do.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 07:45
    @philokalia said
    And your question doesn't bother anyone because you don't accurately understand or describe the beliefs of Christians on this
    But you believe that Buddhists who go to their grave having "rejected" your religion are going to be tortured, right? I understand it pretty well.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 08:14
    @fmf said
    Can you just state concisely and categorically what you personally believe will be the posthumous fate of some/all/any of the Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and atheists mentioned in the OP in light of Luke 12:48, a disembodied and unexplained Bible citation you made in order to bat away the question on another thread?
    😆
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 08:161 edit
    @Philokalia
    There'll be Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc. in heaven due to the goodness of their hearts and purity of their intentions, and the inclination of their hearts towards God.

What Bible scriptures are you basing this on?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '19 08:17
    @philokalia said
    Those are my personal beliefs on what it is like for them.
    Based on what?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree