1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 06:45
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think he returned, not having died, however, but surviving his ordeal on the cross or whatever they did to him. If indeed ANY of that tale is true. There is a book called "Jesus Lived in India" that makes a plausible case for him coming back three days later and then having to split so the Romans and other enemies would not find him and founding monasteri ...[text shortened]... think that as likely a story, and a lot more believable than anything cooked up in the bible.
    yes, but this is not a discussion about his alleged resurrection. it's about the kingdom of god coming in power and all being fulfilled. the all being fulfilled part being all judgments and rewards are passed out and done with.

jesus said that though he did not know the day and hour, he did promised his audience that all this would happen within one generation and some of the people hearing him would live long enough to see it happen.

the window of opportunity ended long ago and his prophecy failed.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:042 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    yes, but this is not a discussion about his alleged resurrection. it's about the kingdom of god coming in power and all being fulfilled. the all being fulfilled part being all judgments and rewards are passed out and done with.

jesus said that though he did not know the day and hour, he did promised his audience that all this would happen within one ...[text shortened]... g enough to see it happen.

the window of opportunity ended long ago and his prophecy failed.
    As I said before your statement is false. You are misrepresenting the teaching of Jesus. The time appears to be getting closer to that generation however. Some today believe it is the generation born when Israel was reborn as a Nation.

http://www.therefinersfire.org/israel_born_in_one_day.htm

P.S.
    When Jesus said the following:

Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

You probably misunderstand that too and believe He did not fulfill that prophecy like the skeptics in the following link:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/temple.html
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As I said before your statement is false. You are misrepresenting the teaching of Jesus. The time appears to be getting closer to that generation however. Some today believe it is the generation born when Israel was reborn as a Nation.

http://www.therefinersfire.org/israel_born_in_one_day.htm

Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up ...[text shortened]... the skeptics in the following link:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/temple.html
    tl;dr.

Rybka? Houdini?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:21
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    tl;dr.

Rybka? Houdini?
    The Holy Bible. 😏
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:26
    The Holy Bible. 😏
    So now God is a chess cheat too and your are his disciple, is that it?
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 08:38
    The Holy Bible. 😏
    Oh right, you mean god told you to cheat?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 10:272 edits
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Oh right, you mean god told you to cheat?
    Do you enjoy doing the work of the Accuser?

YouTube

YouTube
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 10:571 edit
    Do you enjoy doing the work of the Accuser?
    Above you said the Holy Bible was your inspiration in achieving your inplausible chess rating; so isn't it is you who are accusing God of suporting your cheating?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 11:00
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Above you said the Holy Bible was your inspiration in achieving your inplausible chess rating; so isn't it is you who are accusing God of suporting your cheating?
    Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

(Matthew 5:11-12 NASB)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 11:06
    Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and [b]falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:11-12 NASB)[/b]
    yes yes; but you did say it was the Holy Bible that gave you the inspiration for your chess?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 11:15
    yes yes; but you did say it was the Holy Bible that gave you the inspiration for your chess?
    YouTube
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 11:44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZuy5ivbkg
    You did say it was the Holy Bible that gave you the inspiration for your chess?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:09
    You did say it was the Holy Bible that gave you the inspiration for your chess?
    Did I say that? 😏
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:251 edit
    Did I say that? 😏
    Yes, apparently.

avalanchethecat asked you which chess engine you were currently using

you replied, "the Holy Bible"

Pretty clear.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:26
    The curtain flaps open once again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree