1. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 08:55
    Originally posted by boonon
    [b] Fundamentalism in all its socially and psychologically destructive forms needs to be strongly and rationally confronted. That is not the equivalent of anger and hatred at all. To seek to prevent the further spreading of such can be seen as a positive thing.

Who decides what things are considered fundamentalist, and if they are socially and psycholo ...[text shortened]... o 'stop the further spreading' of what I consider your freedom of thought and speech.[/b]
    Would you like to discuss the "mindless dribble" with me? I am quite prepared to rationally discuss the facts I give (have you checked them?) and the reasoning behind it. That includes fundamentalism. I will refrain from listing the marks of fundamentalism (of any religion - the ones that fight endlessly with much violence and hatred) and its well known nastiness and dismissal towards other human being's belief systems.

My posts on this line will stop soon. I am getting tired of trying to reason with the haters of reason. But perhaps some have heard enough to warn them away from the mental and moral perils of fundamentalism. I hope so.
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 10:24
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Would you like to discuss the "mindless dribble" with me? I am quite prepared to rationally discuss the facts I give (have you checked them?) and the reasoning behind it. That includes fundamentalism. I will refrain from listing the marks of fundamentalism (of any religion - the ones that fight endlessly with much violence and hatred) and its well known nasti ...[text shortened]... heard enough to warn them away from the mental and moral perils of fundamentalism. I hope so.
    I see you as the hater, so you stopping your posts is ok with me.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 15:16
    Originally posted by boonon
    I see you as the hater, so you stopping your posts is ok with me.
    I don't hate you, boonon. I am just speaking up for reason and truth. Peace be with you, even though I think you have been conned.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 16:12
    I don't hate you, boonon. I am just speaking up for reason and truth. Peace be with you, even though I think you have been conned.
    Peace also unto you my friend.

I also believe that you have been conned.

located in space and thus indivisible from space

I would have quoted the rest , but as I said before, I believe in your right to believe as and in what you want.

Thanks,
    Boonon
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 22:241 edit
    Do you use reason and logic to dismiss abiogenesis and the theory of evolution as false teachings and speak up for the truth of the Creator God?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 01:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you use reason and logic to dismiss abiogenesis and the theory of evolution as false teachings and speak up for the truth of the Creator God?
    😕
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 04:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am quite unable to. But my further understanding in relation to the indisputable facts from many scientific disciplines that show the evolutionary process I add the role of intrinsic awareness behind and inherent in all existence, even down to the molecules and atomic structures, and right down to quantum processes.

Many materialist reductionist scientists would also disagree with that, but I expect not to the same aghast as at excessivley concrete literalist interpretations of ancient pre-scientific poetic type literature, arising in ancient Babylonia, prior to its use in the book of Genesis.

I think Genesis I is amazing poetry and love to hear it read properly, especially to the visual background of space scenes and lovely music.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 06:391 edit
    The site I get the information from has that title. I am at liberty to differ from that strong statement. The site did raise serious questions as who this man may have been amongst many possible known candidates and with a fairly common name.

The author of the site argues persuasively (but not enough for me) that he may well be a total construction from ee strongly sometimes, that's all.

Are you perhaps angry at me? I'm just trying to help.
    I don't understand why someone [you] who is into all this 'bhuddist' type of free-thinking and spiritual harmony with you inner universe, gives a rats arse about a bunch of religionists who believe in a particular dogma - let alone why you would feel a need to repeatedly bombast against it/them "welling up" within you.
  9. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't understand why someone [you] who is into all this 'bhuddist' type of free-thinking and spiritual harmony with you inner universe, gives a rats arse about a bunch of religionists who believe in a particular dogma - let alone why you would feel a need to repeatedly bombast against it/them "welling up" within you.
    Compassion. I don't like seeing lives stuffed around by bad reason and guilt induction. I don't like realizing they are missing out on much better if they could take their mental chains off. Or making themsleves look like fools. Or not allowing the use of helpful psychological approaches because its "of the devil" Or putting forth an attitude to ancient scriptures that is plainly idolatrous (using their own judgemental languiage). or the intolerance to others of different lifestyles. or their condemnation of athiests as "immoral".

Or...or...or.... You don't see all this, you don't want to see it, you can't allow yourself to contemplate anything else but your favorite selected bible texts that suit your view and equate it with the direct words of God - idolatry! It's so sad and every last one of fundamentalists need to seriously wake up.. Unlikely they will, of course, but at least others may see before they too get sucked in.

It is not just a few lives, it's endemic, particularly in some places, and needs to be challenged. It's wrong by reason and it's wrong by the limits it puts on human lives and attitudes. I sincerely and strongly care about these things, rather than just be uselessly apathetic.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 18:46
    I sincerely and strongly care about these things, rather than just be uselessly apathetic.
    If you really cared you would be less angry with those trapped in the paradigm you vehemently despise. I have no issue with your attacking Christianity per-se, but much of your focus is against the people rather than the organisation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree