1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 12:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you enjoy doing the work of the Accuser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpX0cxCt7mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHlGrBbQ1IY
    What pleasure do you get from winning by cheating? Doesn't it feel hollow? And then all this lying about it! What would Jesus think?
  2. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Your anger at God and Christianity is much more revealling and honest than your attempts at bhuddism.
    Angry at God? The constructed fundamentalist versions, perhaps.
    But being neither a theist nor an atheist, God and I joust around happily in the Elysian Fields of many Buddhas. So we have Greek, Medieval and Buddhist history all twirling around, now where are they all, and me?

Start with your mind and head off from there. I'm sure they are all around somewhere, including Jeshua.

"Attempting" Buddhism is an oxymoron.
  3. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:21
    Originally posted by CLL53
    I don't think the point was inducing guilt and fear, rather it was a heads-up warning. Much akin to instructing someone against walking into a highway blindfolded. While no fear of cars is intended, there is fair warning that to walk into traffic might not end well for you.
    Caring based on illusory foolishness is not unknown. Thank you for your "warnings".
    Fortunately, I pay them absolutely no heed. I have a much higher and more expansive view of what you misrepresent as "God".
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:27
    Yes, apparently.

avalanchethecat asked you which chess engine you were currently using

you replied, "the Holy Bible"

Pretty clear.
    Well, if it clear then there is no need to keep asking stupid questions. 😏
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 13:361 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    What pleasure do you get from winning by cheating? Doesn't it feel hollow? And then all this lying about it! What would Jesus think?
    What would Satan think? Do you think he is proud of you? Are you sure your accusations are absolute truth? 😏

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

(2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:36
    What would Satan think? Do you think he is proud of you? Are you sure your accusations are absolute truth? 😏

But know this, that [b]in the last days
    perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, ...[text shortened]... e turn away!

(2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    That turn-around-the-question doesn't really work here, since I don't claim to worship satan you prong. And a proven liar and cheat quoting scripture really doesn't carry much weight.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:49
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    That turn-around-the-question doesn't really work here, since I don't claim to worship satan you prong. And a proven liar and cheat quoting scripture really doesn't carry much weight.
    You got to be one of them. 😏
  8. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:50
    Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and [b]falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

(Matthew 5:11-12 NASB)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy![/b]
    yes, "falsely" is the key word there.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 15:53
    As I said before your statement is false.

You are misrepresenting the teaching of Jesus. The time appears to be getting closer to that generation however. Some today believe it is the generation born when Israel was reborn as a Nation.

http://www.therefinersfire.org/israel_born_in_one_day.htm

P.S.
    When Jesus said the following:

Destroy this ...[text shortened]... the skeptics in the following link:

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/temple.html
    things you say don't make them true (and in your case, falsity is the standard). i showed evidence from scripture that vindicate everything i said. you have only repeated nonsense you've read somewhere else without understanding a word of it.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:17
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    things you say don't make them true (and in your case, falsity is the standard). i showed evidence from scripture that vindicate everything i said. you have only repeated nonsense you've read somewhere else without understanding a word of it.
    If that is what you think, then we shall let Christ decide the truth of what we say. Since you have the evidence, you should have no worries. 😏
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 16:19
    Originally posted by Taoman
    Angry at God? The constructed fundamentalist versions, perhaps.
    But being neither a theist nor an atheist, God and I joust around happily in the Elysian Fields of many Buddhas. So we have Greek, Medieval and Buddhist history all twirling around, now where are they all, and me?

Start with your mind and head off from there. I'm sure they are all around somewhere, including Jeshua.

"Attempting" Buddhism is an oxymoron.
    Yes anger. On page one of this thread a poster asked you why you were continually "slamming Christianity", you replied that "it was welling up in you are you were going to go with it", presumably meaning that you are experiencing the emergence of a latent urge to "slam Christianity".

I agree with this observation and self-revelation; the nature of your posts is indicative of a person with repressed anger issues which are being directed at God, Christianity and potentially Christians. My comment was therefore quite pertinent in pointing to this revealed anger as (in my opinion) a more honest representation of the real you than your attempts at posting Buddhist related material.

Perhaps there is something in your past that is driving this.
  12. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    07 Oct '12 23:381 edit
    Yes anger. On page one of this thread a poster asked you why you were continually "slamming Christianity", you replied that "it was welling up in you are you were going to go with it", presumably meaning that you are experiencing the emergence of a latent urge to "slam Christianity".

I agree with this observation and self-revelation; the nature of ...[text shortened]... uddhist related material.

Perhaps there is something in your past that is driving this.
    I then went on to explain in the next sentence it was, as I repeat often, the idolatrous, bible worshiping, science denying, historical fact denying FUNDAMENTALISM that is the focus of my attention. Anger is an emotion, not necessarily involved at all in direct factual confrontation. I do sometimes feel anger but recognize it as just an emotion, unlike factual truth. I do not feel or encourage hatred, just put forth historical and scientific facts, as generally recognized today by most rational non-fundamentalist persons. Fundamentalism by its very definition does not like facts.

Fundamentalism misrepresents the historic person, whomever he was, of Jeshua most closely reported (after 40 years or so), from Jeshua's reported brief emergence best seen in the Gospel of Mark, the earliest and significantly less over the top view of this man.

The biblical texts are historically conditioned and put together over a long period of time, including a large council virtually forced (they were locked up) to sort out the many various gnostic and other sources by a manipulative Emperor Constantine. To say so is not an act of anger, it is simply stating known truth.

That human person was apparently giving a message of focus on loving-kindness and healing, and giving hope and comfort that there was a spiritual power stronger than the oppressive Romans of the day. He also apparently challenged strongly the nit-picking, rejecting judgmental religious groups of his day, who despite there religiousness, were far from his version of "God". I have no issue with this apparently caring teacher, though he died just like every other man or woman in history.

The literal godman, "sacrificed for our sins", and "resurrected" (a theme of numerous groups at the time) is from a modern perspective, a ludricruous and idolatrous construction, built over the centuries after Mark and used for religio-political power. Christianity as mythic truth still has much to offer, as has liberal theological and ethical exegesis got value - but not on the basis of humanity-denying "original sin", usually based around a sexual theme.

Fundamentalism in all its socially and psychologically destructive forms needs to be strongly and rationally confronted. That is not the equivalent of anger and hatred at all. To seek to prevent the further spreading of such can be seen as a positive thing.
  13. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 00:00
    Fundamentalism in all its socially and psychologically destructive forms needs to be strongly and rationally confronted. That is not the equivalent of anger and hatred at all. To seek to prevent the further spreading of such can be seen as a positive thing.

Who decides what things are considered fundamentalist, and if they are socially and psychologically destructive? Just because you view a religion as destructive does that make it so? Why do you feel you need to stop the further spreading of said thing.

I have seen some of your post and they seem to be mere mindless dribble to me. However I see your right to think the way you do and to express that thought. I feel no need to 'stop the further spreading' of what I consider your freedom of thought and speech.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 04:191 edit
    Originally posted by Taoman
    I then went on to explain in the next sentence it was, as I repeat often, the idolatrous, bible worshiping, science denying, historical fact denying FUNDAMENTALISM that is the focus of my attention. Anger is an emotion, not necessarily involved at all in direct factual confrontation. I do sometimes feel anger but recognize it as just an emotion, unlike factua all. To seek to prevent the further spreading of such can be seen as a positive thing.
    What is the realisation which unfetters the anger…

Your OP says nothing of fundamentalism and is focused on exposing (as you see it) deliberate deceit of certain early Christian writers; you don't mention fundamentalism at all in the OP and when you do mention it in subsequent posts, it is not linked whatsoever with the deceit you talk about in the OP. What is also a little confusing is your stated "I have no issue with this apparently caring teacher" [Jesus], and yet at the foot of your OP about lying and deceit you reference a site called "Jesus-never-existed".

Nevertheless, I am more interested in the anger you say you sometimes feel and why it is expressed in your repetitive anti-Christian threads. I wonder if this anger you feel towards Christianity was also the inspiration of your thread (currently on page 3) "All anger is a fetter to realization" in which you reveal a little about your thoughts on anger and I tried to explore then but the thread diversified quickly. Interestingly in that thread, you switched the object to realisation , saying "Realisation doesn't suppress anger or remove it" - I did wonder what you had realised in your meditations which had not dealt with the anger you felt.

I think a subjective internalised, albeit somewhat latent feeling of being deceived, is a more powerful motivator to expose repressed anger, than is an objective externally focused opinion of fundamentalism.

The realisation which unfetters the anger, is that the grace of God through Jesus is the only answer.
  15. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 08:301 edit
    What is the realisation which unfetters the anger…

Your OP says nothing of fundamentalism and is focused on exposing (as you see it) deliberate deceit of certain early Christian writers; you don't mention fundamentalism at all in the OP and when you do mention it in subsequent posts, it is not linked whatsoever with the deceit you talk about in ch unfetters the anger,[/i] is that the grace of God through Jesus is the only answer.
    The site I get the information from has that title. I am at liberty to differ from that strong statement. The site did raise serious questions as who this man may have been amongst many possible known candidates and with a fairly common name.

The author of the site argues persuasively (but not enough for me) that he may well be a total construction from the mythologies of the time. Basically no one has sufficient credible evidence from the actual time of his supposed existence to conclusively know. The arrival of the godman, eternal and only saviour of the whole Universe appears to have happened rather unremarkably in a backwater of unscientific Palestine, and with other historians of the time not mentioning it, until much later.
    I believe, and its a belief alone, that there was probably a man of the origin of the stories, but not a godman as hellenistic belief systems of the time helped build him into later.

The point is that fundamentalists are not prepared to use their critical and rational faculties to question either the absurd literal defending of the ancient Greek god/human procreation myths or that the ONLY saviour (damn all the unbelieving rest) of the whole bleeding billion galaxy universe just happened to occur on our block. Its too fantastic for words when looked at objectively, really! Its an historical and sometimes hysterical religio-political beat-up, sometimes with the use of lying by Christian defendents in history. In other words, you have been had. Treated as mythical truth there is still moral and spiritual value to be found rationally in the Christian story.

I am sincerely of the belief that there are finer and much more advanced spiritual understandings, one of which is the Buddhist philosophy. Christian triumphalism (the ONLY SAVIOUR etc) is neither sound philosophically, nor does it recognize the many varied spiritual contributions from other segments of the human race. This is a mark of much fundamentalism found also in other religions. Thus there is vicious religious conflict ad infinitum. Until reason prevails further it will continue.

I'm switching this and that apparently. Well, I am seeking to be as forthright and clear as I can be. I shall continue to try.

Why do you label such reasoning as anger? I don't feel angry at all really. I got worked up in another post a while ago, but that was not now. I never abuse people or encourage hatred, or damn to any hell or loss of salvation. I'm quite a nice rational person really. I do disagree strongly sometimes, that's all.

Are you perhaps angry at me? I'm just trying to help.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree