1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 18:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Taoman says, "I choose reason and a [b]wider view of spiritual realities.

Jesus says, “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it."

(Matthew 7:13 NKJV)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

(John 14:6 NKJV)[/b]
    jesus also failed to return when he promised to do so, therefore we can safely assert that everything else he said is also rubbish.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:22
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    jesus also failed to return when he promised to do so, therefore we can safely assert that everything else he said is also rubbish.
    I recall Jesus saying that no man knows the day or the hour. He never set a specific time for His return. 😏
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:49
    I recall Jesus saying that no man knows the day or the hour. He never set a specific time for His return. 🙄
    you have selective memory. while he didn't set a specific time, he did set a specific time window. no man knows the day or hour, but jesus knew it would be within one generation and some in his audience would live long enough to see it.

that obviously did not happen. his followers went into panic mode and struggled to come up with false interpretations to keep their false prophet alive.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 00:52
    Originally posted by Taoman
    "Clearly the Christians have used ... myths ... in fabricating the story of Jesus' birth ... It is clear to me that the writings of the Christians are a lie and that your fables are not well-enough constructed to conceal this monstrous fiction.'
    – Celsus (On The True Doctrine, c178 AD)

Celsus was one of the foremost thinkers of his age. His critique of th ...[text shortened]... y the fabled octogenarian author!

More at:
    http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/lying.htm
    I am thinking that the license to lie to outsiders for your ideology, if that lying serves the ideology, is a characteristic of successful self-reinforcing ideologies.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 04:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You play with powers beyond your ken.

You have made your choice. Pray that you do not multiply your sin by foisting that choice upon others.
    I showed the OP to some guys at work and they said that now that they've read it, they're through with the Christian faith.
  6. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 04:35
    Away for a few days. Unlike the then common story of a returning figure, on clouds etc. Standard stuff of the times, - for those not closed to historical FACT as well as scientific FACT.
  7. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 04:40
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I showed the OP to some guys at work and they said that now that they've read it, they're through with the Christian faith.
    Now point them in better directions, if they want a better basis for an expanded view. It is compassion to remove confusion, inappropriate guilt, and mental bondage.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 04:51
    "Clearly the Christians have used ... myths ... in fabricating the story of Jesus' birth ... It is clear to me that the writings of the Christians are a lie and that your fables are not well-enough constructed to conceal this monstrous fiction.'
    – Celsus (On The True Doctrine, c178 AD)

Celsus was one of the foremost thinkers of his age. His critique of th ...[text shortened]... y the fabled octogenarian author!

More at:
    http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/lying.htm
    Your anger at God and Christianity is much more revealling and honest than your attempts at bhuddism.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 07:051 edit
    you have selective memory. while he didn't set a specific time, he did set a specific time window. no man knows the day or hour, but jesus knew it would be within one generation and some in his audience would live long enough to see it.

that obviously did not happen. his followers went into panic mode and struggled to come up with false interpretations to keep their false prophet alive.
    That one generation was to be the generation that experience certains signs that Jesus mentioned, as I recall it. 😏
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 07:08
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Well, at least they have made their choice and have only themselves to blame or to thank for what ever happens in the future.
  11. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 07:13
    That one generation was to be the generation that experience certains signs that he mentioned, as I recall it. 🙄
    he said some in his audience would live long enough to see it all unfold. weather or not they saw signs or thought they saw signs is irrelevant. the window came and went, the kingdom did not come in power, everyone who heard him say it is long dead and gone.
    none of what jesus said came true, he's a failed prophet.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 18:26
    Perfect example, constantly encountered, of trying to induce guilt and fear, based on a primitive and limited view of the all-embracing Source. Perhaps you could learn to embrace more too.

I don't buy the guilt and fear and I hope others see through it.
    Increasing knowledge and wider view is not a "sin". I am not "foisting". We both have the freedom to ...[text shortened]... realities.

What about the established historical facts shared on the site i referred to?
    I don't think the point was inducing guilt and fear, rather it was a heads-up warning. Much akin to instructing someone against walking into a highway blindfolded. While no fear of cars is intended, there is fair warning that to walk into traffic might not end well for you.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 18:38
    he said some in his audience would live long enough to see it all unfold. weather or not they saw signs or thought they saw signs is irrelevant. the window came and went, the kingdom did not come in power, everyone who heard him say it is long dead and gone.
    none of what jesus said came true, he's a failed prophet.
    Depending on how one defines "audience", there are some of us in his audience even now, just as any other living author or orator.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 18:391 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You play with powers beyond your ken.

You have made your choice. Pray that you do not multiply your sin by foisting that choice upon others.
    Are you aware that you are multiplying your own hanchReveal Hidden Content
    A \"hanch\" is something that Zask doesn\'t like \- much the same way a \"sin\" is something that Yahweh doesn\'t like \- both have sod all (coincidences aside) to do with what is good or bad
    by writing posts like this!? do you not fear the afterlife Zask has in store for you when you die? You un-repentant hancher you!
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 00:25
    Originally posted by CLL53
    Depending on how one defines "audience", there are some of us in his audience even now, just as any other living author or orator.
    the only way to define his audience is in the context of which he allegedly spoke. "some standing here" is the context of his immediate audience, not some symbolic one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree