1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    Okay. If I take myself too seriously I am a pout.
    If I lighten up a bit and interject some humor, I am poisoning the well.
    You reap what you sow on the vast sterile plains of your joyless self-regard. 😀
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:12
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The first FDA-approved clinical study of psilocybin since 1970[149]—led by Francisco Moreno at the University of Arizona and supported by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies—studied the effects of psilocybin on nine patients with obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD).[150][151] The pilot study found that, when administered by trai ...[text shortened]... rimental rigor employed in modern clinical psychopharmacology research.[20][152]

wikipedia
    Thanks, but no thanks. This is spam robbie.

The thread is about a purported creator's purpose, theology and proscription.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks, but no thanks. This is spam robbie.

The thread is about a purported creator's purpose, theology and proscription.
    actually no, its not spam, you have asked for a reason, i have given you a reason, that being that Psilocybin can be used for medical purposes.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:221 edit
    actually no, its not spam, you have asked for a reason, i have given you a reason, that being that Psilocybin can be used for medical purposes.
    OK, so we can ascertain God's will from copy pastes from wikipedia. I shall remember that. Are there any theological reasons for the eating of them for reasons of "contacting with the spiritual realm", as another Christian put it, to be forbidden?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:314 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, so we can ascertain God's will from copy pastes from wikipedia. I shall remember that. Are there any theological reasons for the eating of them for reasons of "contacting with the spiritual realm", as another Christian put it, to be forbidden?
    You seem not a little contentious today FMF, never the less, the extract from wikipedia was merely reproduced to demonstrate that Psilocybin has a valid medical use. That God has created and has given the earth to the sons of mankind, for their use and enjoyment, must be recognised.

Christian are counselled to remain sound in mind at all times, this, coupled with the idea that drug use in order to contact the spirit realm is forbidden, it being termed as has been mentioned, Pharmakeia and is akin to shamanism.

That Psilocybin can be given in non hallucinogenic dosage does not rule it out as a valid medical treatment nor mean that it can be construed as Pharmakeia, in the sense of it being induced to alter ones perceptions.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:34
    ...the extract from wikipedia was merely reproduced to demonstrate that Psilocybin has a valid medical use. That God has created and has given the earth to the sons of mankind, for their use and enjoyment, must be recognised..
    Is this your personal opinion on magic mushrooms? Or is it wikipidural?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is this your personal opinion on magic mushrooms? Or is it wikipidural?
    its a line of reasoning, solidly built on evidence.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:38
    its a line of reasoning
    Do you personally endorse it?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you personally endorse it?
    naturally
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:41
    That Psilocybin can be given in non hallucinogenic dosage does not rule it out as a valid medical treatment nor mean that it can be construed as Pharmakeia, in the sense of it being induced to alter ones perceptions.
    Why do you think your God figure created a mushroom that exceeded the dosage needed for what you refer to as "valid medical treatment". Is it perhaps an oversight or imperfection?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you think your God figure created a mushroom that exceeded the dosage needed for what you refer to as "valid medical treatment". Is it perhaps an oversight or imperfection?
    nope, wine can lead to intoxication, loss of sensory perception, etc its usage in scripture is not condemned, except in excess, in fact, its termed a gift from God. The same principle applies. No imperfection with the most high.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:44
    its a line of reasoning, solidly built on evidence.
    This "solidly built [...] evidence" about "modern clinical psychopharmacology" is from wikipedia or the Bible?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:45
    nope, wine can lead to intoxication, loss of sensory perception, etc its usage in scripture is not condemned, except in excess, in fact, its termed a gift from God. The same principle applies. No imperfection with the most high.
    So a non-excessive use of magic mushrooms - rather like wine - is a "gift from God"?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    This "solidly built [...] evidence" about "modern clinical psychopharmacology" is from wikipedia or the Bible?
    last time I looked, the Bible wasn't a medical textbook on the use of Psilocybin, ill look again, as I could be wrong.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:53
    last time I looked, the Bible wasn't a medical textbook on the use of Psilocybin, ill look again, as I could be wrong.
    So God's will, in this case, is to be found at Wikipedia and not the Bible, is that right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree