Magic mushrooms

Magic mushrooms

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Does taking mushies impede your mind?
yes i generally dont hallucinate, visually or aurally.

rc

Moves
01 May 13
2 edits

So "seeing more of reality" does not equate with "sound mind" to you?

(I assume you've read my earlier posts about this subject)
seeing more of reality is meaningless to me, I have no idea what its supposed to mean and no i cannot say that i have read your earlier posts, I probably dismissed them as the work of a mad man. I dont think that taking any substances helps us see more of reality, it simply changes our perception of what is real during the time that we are influenced by the drug.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
seeing more of reality is meaningless to me, I have no idea what its supposed to mean and no i cannot say that i have read your earlier posts, I probably dismissed them as the work of a mad man. I dont think that taking any substances helps us see more of reality, it simply changes our perception of what is real during the time that we are influenced by the drug.
Altogether now,

Maaaaagic muuuuuuuushrooms, when 2 hearts are caring,
Maaaaagic muuuuuuuushrooms,.............

F

Moves
02 May 13

Smoking cannabis years ago affected the reality of what I appreciate about films and music and those experiences continue to affect my appreciation even nowadays without using it. Being in situations where we are coping with changes in our perception can affect and contribute to the forming of our perceptions. Just as emotions can distort perceptions, we can compute those distortions and this influences our understanding of our perceptions, even when those emotions are not in play.

rc

Moves
02 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Smoking cannabis years ago affected the reality of what I appreciate about films and music and those experiences continue to affect my appreciation even nowadays without using it. Being in situations where we are coping with changes in our perception can affect and contribute to the forming of our perceptions. Just as emotions can distort perceptions, we can com ...[text shortened]... this influences our understanding of our perceptions, even when those emotions are not in play.
you are talking about a subjective change in your perceptions not what is actually real outside of our experiences, the films remain the same, as does the music, that has not changed, simply your perceptions of what constitutes reality.

F

Moves
02 May 13

you are talking about a subjective change in your perceptions not what is actually real outside of our experiences, the films remain the same, as does the music, that has not changed, simply your perceptions of what constitutes reality.
My point exactly. "Perceptions of what constitutes reality" are the only perceptions that we have available to us. Perceiving what is "real" involves subjectivity. This is an essential part of our humanity and is therefore interwoven with our spiritual paths. You perceive that you have received communication from God, for example and that this is a "reality". I do not perceive you to have received such communication. For me, "reality" is that you haven't. Both of us are dealing with our each and every subjective perceptions in this case. And these perceptions are molded by every experience we ever have.

F

Moves
02 May 13

...the films remain the same, as does the music, that has not changed....
Different people extract different meanings and undergo different emotional responses from exposing themselves to stimuli like films, music and literature.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 May 13

yes that could explain your strange beliefs and why your mind is fried. 😛
My strange beliefs? That's a bit rich coming from someone who subscribes to ancient Jewish mythology.

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by kd2acz
I have often heard people talk about 'good trips' and 'bad trips', I am wondering what makes one good vs. bad. Can anyone describe what was going on at the time during a trip, specifically if it was 'bad'? Just curious.
i think bad trips vary. the only had one and it had a similar feeling to being very drunk, but with my senses numbed like i was underwater. its funny how we never call doing bad things because of alcohol 'bad trips' i bet we all have way more 'bad' alcohol stories than 'bad' drug related stories.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 May 13

you sure?
I mean how can you be sure that you are not in the matrix right now?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 May 13

"seeing more of reality is meaningless to me".

Certainly is Rob, certainly is

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
02 May 13

"seeing more of reality is meaningless to me".

Certainly is Rob, certainly is
God, we are still going on about these mushrooms.
I thought they would be all eaten by now.

Or at least gone past their sell by date.

rc

Moves
02 May 13

you sure?
I mean how can you be sure that you are not in the matrix right now?
yawn

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 May 13

You are hallucinating right now. Sorry to burst your bubble