Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:46
    you can smash bricks with your richard
  2. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is the purpose of something like magic mushrooms?
    apparently you can smash bricks with your richard
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    In my opinion, from what I know of them... they would fall into the category of pharmakeia, sorcery. ‘Magic’ mushrooms are used for hallucination purposes to achieve some altered state of consciousness and contact with the spiritual realm. American Indians use to have ceremonies in which they did a similar thing with peyote buttons.
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    In my opinion, from what I know of them... they would fall into the category of pharmakeia, sorcery. ‘Magic’ mushrooms are used for hallucination purposes to achieve some altered state of consciousness and contact with the spiritual realm. American Indians use to have ceremonies in which they did a similar thing with peyote buttons.
    American Indians have them ceremonies to this day thank you

San Pedro, got it's name from Saint peter the holder of the keys to heaven and the name of the cactus therefore speaks of its ability to open the gates into another world where those who drink it can heal, discover their divinity, and find their purpose on earth.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 13:24
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    ‘Magic’ mushrooms are used for hallucination purposes to achieve some altered state of consciousness and contact with the spiritual realm. American Indians use to have ceremonies in which they did a similar thing with peyote buttons.
    So this is what you believe God's purpose was with magic mushrooms?
  6. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    are you going to eat them mushrooms or not?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 14:052 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I couldn't tell you what they are for, I do believe as I stated... they are used for these purposes... as far as I know. To tell you the truth, I have not investigated their use in the whole grand scheme of things, my knowledge on them is very limited. What I know I have stated.

What do you know about them, have any experiences with them?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 16:20
    It is just one of the many things NOT mentioned in the bible that shows the whole thing is a scam, invented by men to control other men and subjugate women. That is the main purpose of the bible.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 16:531 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I would guess that the Psilocybin in some mushrooms was developed as a defense mechanism, like some poisons. Animals that ate that probably didn't come back for another try.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 16:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is just one of the many things NOT mentioned in the bible that shows the whole thing is a scam, invented by men to control other men and subjugate women. That is the main purpose of the bible.
    Lighten up, man.

Next you'll be yelling at us to get off your lawn.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    I knew that the mescaline was opening the doors of perception and what its effects were....
    You do know this is where The Doors got their name, right?

"The band took its name from the title of Aldous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception, which itself was a reference to a William Blake quotation: 'If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.' "

^Wikipedia
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    No. That's FMF job now

But i recommend he do San pedro cactus it will give him the ability to talk to nature and nature will tell him if there is or is not a god. I recommend he read about some trips first. Here is an experience to get him started on his journey 🙂

He can easily communicate with the big tree. We said hi. It felt real.

I was noticing e cells started dividing and splitting, each
    spirit took it over and guided its evolution...
    Maybe the trees can teach us how to live long lives in the thousands of years.

And the rocks will cry out, "Holy, Holy, Holy, Hosanna In The Highest!"
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 18:24
    Well I disagree with that statement, suffice it to say that if the Bible contained 'everything' there was know, it would be a little thicker... but it does contain all that is needed for life.

Incidentally, something I have been wondering about... what is the root of your 'issue' with regards to the apparent 'injustice' towards women. I have noticed that on the majority of your posts, the women issue comes up? Just wondering.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 18:38
    My beef about the injustice to women stems from my silly idea that all people should be considered equal in basic human rights terms. That includes slaves who should be set free, whether work slaves or sex slaves, male or female. It just twists my jaw to read those damning verses in the bible that says a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman is only worth 35.

I say it now, I will say it in the future, I have said it in the past and there is no changing my mind on it, a god such as the one depicted in the bible, supposedly being all wise and such would NEVER say women are worth less than men.

That verse alone tells me in no uncertain terms the entire edifice of the bible is man made. Written entirely by men with a couple of women but it is for sure not inspired by any kind of god, perhaps inspired by men who were thinking of what a god would be like but there was no god in anything in the bible. Only religious snake oil salesmen.
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 19:221 edit
    My beef about the injustice to women stems from my silly idea that all people should be ... [edit]... men with a couple of women but it is for sure not inspired by any kind of god, perhaps inspired by men who were thinking of what a god would be like but there was no god in anything in the bible. Only religious snake oil salesmen.
    I think certainly God does not value women any less than men. To take one verse out of the bible... most likely out of context... and decide the efficacy of the Bible based on that one verse is... well... ______ you fill in the blank.

I am not all that sure of what is going on in the verses from where you find objection, but I think there to be a context that is misunderstood.

Perhaps a study is in order, a commentary or two from different sources... it may help to clear up a misunderstanding.

Just my opinion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree