1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 01:34
    For religionists who believe that all flora and fauna were created deliberately and with intelligence, what is the purpose of something like magic mushrooms and are there any theological reasons for the eating of them to be forbidden?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 02:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    For religionists who believe that all flora and fauna were created deliberately and with intelligence, what is the purpose of something like magic mushrooms and are there any theological reasons for the eating of them to be forbidden?
    I have never read anything in the Holy Bible that forbids eating of mushrooms in particular. Perhaps someone on the Science Forum can answer your question on their purpose.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have never read anything in the Holy Bible that forbids eating of mushrooms in particular. Perhaps someone on the Science Forum can answer your question on their purpose.
    does this mean the bible condones the use of all drugs derived from plants?
  4. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 09:081 edit
    for the atheist. go out in the woods and eat some, spend the whole day and night on shrooms.(in like a atheist out like a theist) it's true do it you'll see
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 09:18
    Originally posted by tim88
    for the atheist. go out in the woods and eat some, spend the whole day and night on shrooms.(in like a atheist out like a theist) it's true do it you'll see
    are you on shrooms now timmy?
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 09:391 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you on shrooms now timmy?
    There's not mushroom for religion in my life. 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:151 edit
    No. That's FMF job now

But i recommend he do San pedro cactus it will give him the ability to talk to nature and nature will tell him if there is or is not a god. I recommend he read about some trips first. Here is an experience to get him started on his journey 🙂

He can easily communicate with the big tree. We said hi. It felt real.

I was noticing the tree. The biggest tree in the back
    yard. It was radiating happiness. We said hi. It seemed so real. I knew that
    the mescaline was opening the doors of perception and what its effects
    were.... but this seemed real. I knew it to be the effects of the entheogen.
    The tree said it was starting to wind down for the winter. It was really
    happy that I watered it a lot last summer, but stated it was a bit thirsty.
    One more good watering is all it needs this year.

The communication took on a different dimension. I blended with the tree. We
    became "one flesh." I started learning from the genetic memories in the
    tree. I saw how humans have the same DNA memories as the trees until we
    branched. We are all one... the trees and the humans. The humans just
    developed differently for different reasons. The trees are our cousins. They
    can teach us a lot. Their technology is different. They were kind enough to
    evolve to give us air. They have strived to help support all other life, but
    it turns away and destroys everything.

Evolution is like a software program that is running and constantly
    modifying itself to create a perfect environment for the planet and
    ultimately the universe. It started off with 1-celled organisms but,
    the spirits are eternal, so long before the spirits got together and decided
    what they would do, their function... the spirit of the trees decided to
    become physical trees... the cells started dividing and splitting, each
    spirit took it over and guided its evolution...
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:18
    No. That's FMF job now

But i recommend he do San pedro cactus it will give him the ability to talk to nature and nature will tell him if there is or is not a god. I recommend he read about some trips first. Here is an experience to get him started on his journey 🙂

I was noticing ...[text shortened]... e cells started dividing and splitting, each
    You should take up creative writing.
    I have a feeling that you would be good at it.

I can see the movie now,

"Revenge of the Sycamores"

Directed by

tim88
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:33
    The experience is off the net lol, look at some trips but only read the ones that were taken in nature or in the woods ex
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:33
    No. That's FMF job now

I was noticing ...[text shortened]... e cells started dividing and splitting, each
    can you have a word with my lazy, good for nothing apple tree, get it to pull its finger out.
  11. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:38
    you're so far away it would be easier for you to take some and ask it whats wrong yourself 🙂
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:19
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    does this mean the bible condones the use of all drugs derived from plants?
    I would say the answer to your question is no, not all. There are references in the Bible to the black arts and sorcery (pharmakeia). Typically drugs (pharmakeia) were/are used to induce hallucinations, trances and visions. People who do such things are in some pretty interesting company, see Revelation 21:8. So I would say not all is codoned.

Haiti is a perfect example of where this is still practiced today, voodoo is rampant.

Conversely, the Bible speaks of oils, balms, etc. that have healing properties and used for medicinal purposes.

See 'Pharmakeia and the Bible' on Wikipedia, although I don't always lend too much credibility to Wiki, this does a fair job in the way of explaining the term.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    they make you grow and be able to smash bricks
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:42
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    I would say the answer to your question is no, not all. There are references in the Bible to the black arts and sorcery (pharmakeia). Typically drugs (pharmakeia) were/are used to induce hallucinations, trances and visions. People who do such things are in some pretty interesting company, see Revelation 21:8. So I would say not all is codoned.

Haiti is ...[text shortened]... ys lend too much credibility to Wiki, this does a fair job in the way of explaining the term.
    What is the purpose of something like magic mushrooms?
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:441 edit
    are you calling FMF a richard zahlanzi

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree