1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:422 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Am I allowed to ask you about the JW leadership position on marital rape..if there is one?
    If you want to know anything about Jehovahs witnesses there is a website jw.org with contact details and almost every possible Jehovahs witness publication available to the public without charge.

I see that once again you are unable to debate the actual issue and instead feel the need to make it either personal or about Jehovahs witnesses. This appears to me to be reflective of an intellect that is essentially dead and which needs some kind of hook upon which to attach its prejudices. The actual issue is the interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter 7, why you cannot do that objectively is known only to you.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 09:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    If you want to know anything about Jehovahs witnesses there is a website jw.org with contact details and almost every possible Jehovahs witness publication available to the public without charge.

I see that once again you are unable to debate the actual issue and instead feel the need to make it either personal or about Jehovahs witnesses. This ...[text shortened]... erpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter 7, why you cannot do that objectively is known only to you.
    This is a spirituality forum for discussing things related to spirituality. You are a member of a group who you claim are the one true church of God on earth, correct? This thread is about marital rape and the subject of rape within the Christian marriage has come up several times. So why would my question to you, which is not about YOU, which is about the religious body you are a member of, possibly be construed inappropriate for this thread?

Of course you can refuse to respond, but not for the reason you gave, which is basically an excuse because you don't like the question.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 10:07
    This is a spirituality forum for discussing things related to spirituality. You are a member of a group who you claim are the one true church of God on earth, correct? This thread is about marital rape and the subject of rape within the Christian marriage has come up several times. So why would my question to you, which is not about YOU, which is about ...[text shortened]... t not for the reason you gave, which is basically an excuse because you don't like the question.
    The issue is clear to everyone except you.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 10:21
    The issue is clear to everyone except you.
    What issue?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:05
    What issue?
    Lol you are unaware even of the issue. Try 1 Corinthians Chapter 7.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:18
    The actual issue is the interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter 7, why you cannot do that objectively is known only to you.
    The actual issue when addressing your viewpoint is what does "consent already given" actually mean according to you and how can it possibly trump the sex, at a given moment of the man's choosing, being against his wife's will. But you have not answered this point. You keep saying you have, but you haven't.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 11:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The actual issue when addressing your viewpoint is what does "consent already given" actually mean according to you and how can it possibly trump the sex, at a given moment of the man's choosing, being against his wife's will. But you have not answered this point. You keep saying you have, but you haven't.
    The actual issue is the interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter seven. If you read the wiki article that was posted by thinkofone and the link that I provided from that article you will see clearly how this relates to the actual issue of marital rape from a Christian and Biblical perspective. I have made my position absolutely clear on my interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and its relationship to consent. I will not do so again and again.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 12:081 edit
    The actual issue is the interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter seven. If you read the wiki article that was posted by thinkofone and the link that I provided from that article you will see clearly how this relates to the actual issue of marital rape from a Christian and Biblical perspective. I have made my position absolutely clear on my interpret ...[text shortened]... n of 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and its relationship to consent. I will not do so again and again.
    You have used the term "consent already given" and have refused to explain it even though it is central to your argument. You will note that the term "consent already given" is not to be found in 1 Corinthians 7: 3-5 NIV.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:16
    Try 1 Corinthians Chapter 7.
    How would your JW leadership interpret this scripture in the context of marital rape?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:182 edits
    The actual issue is the interpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter seven. If you read the wiki article that was posted by thinkofone and the link that I provided from that article you will see clearly how this relates to the actual issue of marital rape from a Christian and Biblical perspective. I have made my position absolutely clear on my interpret ...[text shortened]... n of 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and its relationship to consent. I will not do so again and again.
    We are all clear on Wiki's interpretation and also of your revised "pant's up after smack time" interpretation. But what of your JW leadership, would they agree with your interpretation, especially in the light of Cor 7: 3-5?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 15:101 edit

I see that once again you are unable to debate the actual issue and instead feel the need to make it either personal or about Jehovahs witnesses. This ...[text shortened]... erpretation of 1 Corinthians chapter 7, why you cannot do that objectively is known only to you.
    he asked what the jw position (since when asked what your position is you deflect every time) on marital rape is and you directed him to jw.org.

then you have the ballz to accuse him of not debating the issue.

you are absolutely hilarious.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 15:104 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob (OP)
    In another thread Robert made the point based on 'Christian principles' the concept of marital rape is erroneous. There can be no rape within a Christian marriage as consent was given on the day the couple married. Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?
    There are four divine institutions which have applied to the human race since it began with the first man and woman in the Garden of Eden [and have also been willfully violated over the centuries as well as in some nations/constitutional monarchies/countries/villages during our own lives]: 1) Uncoerced Volition [the exercise of free will]; 2) Marriage between one man and one woman [within which sexual intercourse is provided as one of many intimate expressions of their unconditional love; and its boundaries they alone mutually consent to initially and over the years as they age. Note: incest, pedophilia; rape, fornication and adultery represent willful violations of this divine institution]; 3. Family [which was designed to perpetuate the human race after the first man willfully violated God's one prohibition]; and 4. Nationalism [or the national entity which must be protected and defended to safeguard against the loss of freedom and return to bondage or enslavement].The price of freedom has always been and still is military victory. Accept the reality of these four divine institutions or reject them [and suffer the eventual consequences]: Choice is yours.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 15:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he asked what the jw position (since when asked what your position is you deflect every time) on marital rape is and you directed him to jw.org.

then you have the ballz to accuse him of not debating the issue.

you are absolutely hilarious.
    I have provided a clear and concise view of my stance, you may make reference to that, or you could continue to make stuff up as you slobber along.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There are four divine institutions which have applied to the human race since it began with the first man and woman in the Garden of Eden [and have also been willfully violated over the centuries as well as in some nations/constitutional monarchies/countries/villages during our own lives]: [b]1) Uncoerced Volition [the exercise of free will]; 2)[ ...[text shortened]... four divine institutions or reject them [and suffer the eventual consequences]: Choice is yours.
    I'll take that as a no.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 16:40
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'll take that as a no.
    The issue was not whether marital rape was erroneous but whether in view of the Christian principle at 1 Corinthians chapter seven consent to yield ones body to ones partner had any bearing on the subject of marital rape as far as Christians are concerned.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree