1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:18
    In another thread Robert made the point based on 'Christian principles' the concept of marital rape is erroneous. There can be no rape within a Christian marriage as consent was given on the day the couple married. Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:242 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In another thread Robert made the point based on 'Christian principles' the concept of marital rape is erroneous. There can be no rape within a Christian marriage as consent was given on the day the couple married. Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?
    I made no such comment. I have not stated that the concept of marital rape is erroneous. If you can cite where i said it please produce it now. If you cannot then i would be pleased if you refrain from any further attempts to attribute values to me that i have not professed, its both intellectually and morally dishonest.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:432 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I made no such comment. I have not stated that the concept of marital rape is erroneous. If you can cite where i said it please produce it now. If you cannot then i would be pleased if you refrain from any further attempts to attribute values to me that i have not professed, its both intellectually and morally dishonest.
    Now its my point that when one enters a marital union in full knowledge of the above and takes a vow to uphold these christian principles then consent has already been given to yield ones body to that of ones partner. The implications of this appear to me that no so called 'marital rape' can therefore take place

You have unequivocally said that marital rape cannot take place in a Christian marriage. Which is the same as saying that the concept of marital rape in a Christian marriage is erroneous.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:483 edits
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Now its my point that when one enters a marital union in full knowledge of the above and takes a vow to uphold these christian principles then consent has already been given to yield ones body to that of ones partner. The implications of this appear to me that [b]no so called 'marital rape' can therefore take place

You have unequivocally said that marital rape cannot take place in a Christian marriage.[/b]
    No i have questioned whether it can or cannot be termed marital rape and i have stated that it appears to me on the reasons i have given it cannot be construed as such for consent has already been given, but i am willing to consider any other perspective and refutation of my reasoning. This is not an unequivocal denial that marital rape can or cannot take place as you have assumed, its an intellectual stance based on reason, made with reference to a specific set of values. If you can refute the logic then do so and i will accept it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:52
    No i have questioned whether it can or cannot be termed marital rape and i have stated that it appears to me on the reasons i have given it cannot be construed as such for Christians only who have submitted to that particular set of vows, but i am willing to consider any other perspective and refutation of my reasoning. This is not an unequivocal den ...[text shortened]... erence to a specific set of values. If you can refute the logic then do so and i will accept it.
    Is a Christian husband permitted to make his Christian wife submit to sexual intercourse against her will according to Christian principles?
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:54
    This thread is for other Christians. Feel free to post but you will be ignored.
  7. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:54
    No i have questioned whether it can or cannot be termed marital rape and i have stated that it appears to me on the reasons i have given it cannot be construed as such for Christians only who have submitted to that particular set of vows, but i am willing to consider any other perspective and refutation of my reasoning. This is not an unequivocal den ...[text shortened]... erence to a specific set of values. If you can refute the logic then do so and i will accept it.
    Do you think that a woman can rightfully refuse to have sex with her husband in a Christian marriage?

If so, do you think that the man can ever choose to ignore this and proceed to have sex with his unwilling wife?

A simple 'yes' and 'no' would seem to suffice.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:561 edit
    I think I have unequivocally proved this statement to be untrue, as has FMF.

😉
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is a Christian husband permitted to make his Christian wife submit to sexual intercourse against her will according to Christian principles?
    I don't think that this would happen if both have submitted to the Christian principle of forgoing authority over their own bodies and in fact i don't see how it could be an issue. I notice that you have the rather unsavory propensity for making one sided arguments, the same principle applies to a husband in like manner after all he has also given up authority over his own body.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 18:59
    I don't think that this would happen if both have submitted to the Christian principle of forgoing authority over their own bodies and in fact i don't see how it could be an issue. I notice that you have the rather unsavory propensity for making one sided arguments, the same principle applies to a husband in like manner after all he has also given up authority over his own body.
    Is there - and can there be - such a thing as "marital rape" in the Christian perspective?
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:01
    I think I have unequivocally proved this statement to be untrue, as has FMF.

😉
    Ouch. Yes you have.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:011 edit
    Do you think that a woman can rightfully refuse to have sex with her husband in a Christian marriage?

If so, do you think that the man can ever choose to ignore this and proceed to have sex with his unwilling wife?

A simple 'yes' and 'no' would seem to suffice.
    again you are failing to either understand or acknowledge, whether intentionally or not that a Christian foregos authority over their own body, so thus talking of exercising a personal prerogative in such a scenario is simply nonsensical.

Sorry i don't do yes or no answers, they are for people that are not interested in reason, are you uninterested in reason? no well stop trying to reduce people to making some type of dichotomy.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is there - and can there be - such a thing as "marital rape" in the Christian perspective?
    if you can can tell us how its possible that such a thing can occur after consent has been given then yes, if you cannot then logically no. You have failed to answer this from the very beginning because I suspect that by answering it you are forced to take a stance and will inevitably incriminate yourself .
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:04
    Thank you at very least i will not be subjected to your skulduggery.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:07
    again you are failing to either understand or acknowledge, whether intentionally or not that a Christian foregos authority over their own body, so thus talking of exercising a personal prerogative is such a scenario is simply nonsensical.
    Do you understand or acknowledge that your stance represents a kind of rapist's charter? Do you think that "marital rape" in the UK should not be illegal because, as you suggest, marriage vows imply a right to sex at any time even if the partner is unwilling, and "no so called 'marital rape' can therefore take place"?.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree